“Making “Wolfgang

Thread: Reynerson's is great!

Slingshot

Reynerson's is great!

I bought a MAC 1911 and I ballooned the barrel and split the bushing with a squib load. Reynerson's was on vacation so I brought it to a local gunsmith who said it would cost $250 to $300 to repair. The Academy had them on sale and he suggested that I buy another one and keep this one for parts. So I did. When Reynerson's opened up the next week, I called and spoke with Nick and explained to him what had happened and he suggested that I call Eagle, the importer, so I did. Eagle said since I purchased 2 1911's in 30 days that they would send me another barrel and bushing....for free! Reynerson's said they had to custom fit the barrel and also gave me another ACT mag since he used it to set it up....free of charge! The people at Reynerson's are very friendly and very knowledgeable in their field and I will not hesitate to do business with them again. Sad that I live about 10 miles from them and did not realize they were there. I told Nick that I didn't know what I would do with two 1911's and he said "well now you have one for each hand"! Right again. Tim

Preferred Site Supporter clag39's Avatar

Re: Reynerson's is great!

it's always nice to hear a good report about the warranty centers.. thanks for letting us know empty hull....
    Certified Armed Infidel . A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Preferred Site Supporter bcrtops's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by clag39 View Post
    it's always nice to hear a good report about the warranty centers.. thanks for letting us know empty hull....
    Yes, thanks for the good info & report !
    Always good to have more than 1 1911 !
    1) Never point (aim) a firearm at anything you do not plan to KILL !
    2) The only safe firearm is one with action open !

Super Moderator
    VIP Site Benefactor

I agree that Reyerson's is GREAT!!! Nick just called me to inform me of his progress! He is completing some work on my BT380 Plus and BT380 Duotone. The Plus lost the extractor and that was a problem with the pin .... he is replacing it with an oversized pin so problem solved. The Duotone had 1000 rounds though it so I sent it in for a tune up and he is working his magic on it so problems averted!

I am also having him put a new slide on my 9HC with the dovetail sights and install a fiber front sight. We are waiting for the slide but that is to be expected .... I'll probably get the HC back in a couple of weeks.

It is really nice to have a gunsmith call you and inform you of the progress! We all love our Bersa's and by reading this forum we all have a pretty good understanding of how they operate and what issues could crop up. Plus many people on this forum are mechanically inclined and have a wealth of knowledge and expertise. Having a gunsmith send your gun back without any paperwork or indication of what was fixed is very unsatisfying.

Thank you Nick for calling with a progress report!!!

-Pondy < ---- Very Happy Reyerson's customer!

Slingshot

Reynersons did me right after 2 failed attempts at one of the other Repair centers. They replaced the barrel and extractor in my 9UC and also polished the feed ramp. They called me promply to discuss my issues and also treated me well when I called for an update.

I may send my 9uc back soon to see if they can replace my slide stop since my pistol recently has started dropping the slide when inserting my magazines.

Slingshot

Very good people. Tim