PDA

View Full Version : Galco Holster (CON296B) From Your Gun Parts

NCFlyfisher
04-28-2010, 05:54 PM
Very glad I went ahead and bought this holster from Your Gun Parts. Fast shipping and great communication with this supplier. Perfect fit as you can see with the Pro 9 UC. I did try my Pro 9 HC in it and the fit was just as good. The HC front gun barrel sticks out 1/4" which isn't a big problem. I was worried about how my hand would cover the gun's grip while in the holster for drawing, but nothing gets in the way at all :D Really pleased with this product and the great service of YGPs.

Photos with the Pro 9 UC:
http://i41.tinypic.com/28i7t3o.jpg
http://i39.tinypic.com/m78e9e.jpg

Well it has been over several months with this holster. It broke in about 3 days and still has a snug grip on my Pro 9 UC. Turning the holster upside down, the firearm doesn't move. Able to easily re-holster my handgun without any problems. Comfort wise, I do feel the weight though haven't had a issue moving around. Did not need to buy a larger belt, lol Fits my Pro 9 HC to a tee and it's barrel only extends 1/4" outside. The one thing I was extremely pleased above all else was the ability to grab the handgun's handle completely with no interference. Placing my hand on the grip was true.

duke51
04-28-2010, 06:29 PM
Very nice holster. Top quality.

mitchr
04-28-2010, 07:24 PM
Nice Fly. I got a Galco 3-slot one from them. It has a thumb strap which I think I may cut off so it is open like yours. Waiting to see if I can get used to it & access my pistol quickly before I do. It works for all my Bersas & my Kimber, though the Kimber isn't quite as snug as the Bersas.

diskdoctr
04-28-2010, 07:52 PM
I too have the 3 Slot and like it a lot. I also have a Sto-n-Go IWB model that currently holds my Kahr PM9. Galco makes some good stuff at decent prices.

brian c
04-29-2010, 05:08 PM
that one looks good...and your gun looks clean or is that an ad picture :D

shooter57
05-01-2010, 08:48 AM
If you want a IWB try their summer comfort. Another nice holster.

mitchr
05-01-2010, 09:48 AM
http://www.condorsflight.com/products/popup_image.php?pID=1927

I have the 3-slot & their Paddle Holster from Condors Flight & like both of them in the situations I bought them for, but above are my favorites. Simple, inexpensive & with a good belt, handle any firearm I have, including my HC9 & commander size 1911.

Pond Scum
05-01-2010, 10:25 AM
Really nice setup Fly! :) I might have to try one out but I love all of my UBG holsters!

Just one small point .... I can't believe you posted such nice pictures and forgot to include a picture of your backside ...... errrr, I mean the backside of your holster! :p

-Pondy

shaman
06-10-2010, 06:41 AM
I love this holster. I had one for a Para 45. Checking the Galco site and dong some cross referencing I saw that the 296 code is their baseline number for the Sig 239 model. It also comes up for the Bersa Thunder 45. I would be interested to see what the original packages says the holster will fit. /on the Galco site there are many more holster options for the Sig 239 than the BT9 or BT45 - not to mention any UC-Pros. They may not all fit due to individual holster construction but several of them should. They have this model listed as a Thunder 45 option but since the frames are very similiar both 9 and 45 should work in it.

Did you get this holster to be specifically used for the BT9UC-Pro? Is there much / any extra holster overhang?