PDA

View Full Version : How about Yildiz shotguns?

Jerry
05-07-2011, 12:19 AM
Hey, I was in Academy Sports today, and asked the guy what he had in a 20 gauge over/under. Did not specify a price or anything. He just said "Let me show you this cool gun that only Academy sells".

I was IMPRESSED. He laid it down beside a Browning at more than three times the price, and the stocks, metal, and finish were very comparable.

Got home and Googled "Yildiz" and checked out some reviews. People who have bought these guns seem to really love them.

Anybody have an opinion on them?

EMPTY HULL
06-10-2011, 06:33 PM
I have the 12 ga over/under. Over 5k rounds through it without a problem. I changed out the chokes for Briley's and redid the stock with Formby's Tung Oil. Great gun at a great price. Clean it out good and lube the firing pins and enjoy. I mainly shot skeet with it. Tim

Jerry
06-16-2011, 12:47 PM
I changed out the chokes for Briley's and redid the stock with Formby's Tung Oil.

Since I opened this thread, I bought the 20 gauge over and under.

Tim: I understand the Briley's chokes.

The salesman let me choose from the four guns they had in stock, unboxed them and I picked the one I liked most. But I don't think the stocks need anything at all, the walnut grain and finish are great looking. Was there a problem with yours, or did you just want to change the color or something.

EMPTY HULL
06-17-2011, 05:28 PM
My stock was very "dry" looking. After I redid it, everybody thought I was now shooting a $1000 gun. Go figure that. You should be well pleased with the Yildiz. I know of one person who has over 20K rounds through theirs and that figure is a couple years old now. Choot 'em, Tim