PDA

View Full Version : Gun has been in safe too long

bgc
04-26-2010, 02:08 PM
September will not get here soon enough.........

OysterMan
04-26-2010, 02:22 PM
Why can't the gun come out now?:confused:

Reginald Carstairs
04-26-2010, 02:54 PM
Could it be frozen and need to thaw out?

Don't keep us in suspense... September?:confused:

EDIT, stupid me this is the shotgun forum BIRD SEASON!

Bighand2
04-26-2010, 06:05 PM
I had one of my shot guns out last week -- went turkey hunting. Going again next week in another state. You may want to take up Spring Turkey Hunting or Spring Goose Hunting (if they have a season near you) to help that shot gun itch.

Muddog
04-26-2010, 06:21 PM
skeet/trap is always in season.....slugs on the range....never leave mine in the safe for long

John
04-26-2010, 06:32 PM
Last year I bought a new 12ga pump 3 weeks after having shoulder surgery on my strong side. it was on sale. I had a big itch to shoot it. Was still in a sling when I took it home.

R.Ph. 380
04-26-2010, 09:35 PM
skeet/trap is always in season.....slugs on the range....never leave mine in the safe for long
Broke 4 teeth last week, wife tried to cook the skeet I bagged.

Bill

Muddog
04-26-2010, 09:49 PM

Bill

where'd she learn to cook? they gotta marinate for atleast a week.... then slow cook in a crockpot for 2 days....should be nice and soft by then

stidgun
04-26-2010, 10:26 PM
Turkey season still on here, I'm just too lazy to go anymore. Safe is a safe place!

Michael T
04-27-2010, 01:08 AM
I have turkeys in back yard Can't remember where I put shot gun or 00buck Wonder what a DPX would do to one.

Oh why do you need a shot gun for turkey . Why does it have to be camo and a 10 gauge and how did people kill turkeys before all this ninja camo stuff . Their not all that big and bad Not like hunting lion or something

Muddog
04-27-2010, 06:12 AM
I have turkeys in back yard Can't remember where I put shot gun or 00buck Wonder what a DPX would do to one.

Oh why do you need a shot gun for turkey . Why does it have to be camo and a 10 gauge and how did people kill turkeys before all this ninja camo stuff . Their not all that big and bad Not like hunting lion or something

as to what ya hunt turkey with.....here i believe the law requires a shotgun...some states require steel shot.... some have limits on the size of shot you use.. all a bunch of bs ya ask me....we don't hunt turkeys in camo...we just walk into a cornfield and walk out 5 min later with a few goodsize birds...they really are one of the dumbest birds out there

bgc
04-27-2010, 06:33 AM
I had one of my shot guns out last week -- went turkey hunting. Going again next week in another state. You may want to take up Spring Turkey Hunting or Spring Goose Hunting (if they have a season near you) to help that shot gun itch.
Our spring goose season in central Ohio involves hitting them with cars....they walk out onto the freeway...

bgc
04-27-2010, 06:34 AM

Bill
Boil them first....

stidgun
04-27-2010, 08:49 AM
State requires shotgun use. You wear camo to call them in close, that's actually the fun part.
May not be to bright, but have excellent vision.

PHMadness
04-27-2010, 09:54 AM
Oh why do you need a shot gun for turkey . Why does it have to be camo and a 10 gauge
When I was in high school living in southern Oklahoma, I used to go turkey hunting with the assistant principal, we used bows. He was bored with shotgunning, said it was too easy. Now I guess hogs with a bow are all the rage with the kids. Sadly, there were no hogs to be had back then.

Pokeman
04-27-2010, 10:10 AM
x2 on the turkey hunting. start. its exciting and turkey are easy to shoot, very ugly and weird looking things.

The Sentry
05-01-2010, 07:10 PM
Give sporting clays a try.
It is a hoot and sharpens up the eye and the reflexes for Sept.

NCFlyfisher
05-01-2010, 08:52 PM
Underwriters Laboratories Turkey Fryer Demonstration

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kspx1oOP_fE

Stay Safe!