PDA

View Full Version : 383-A Mags???

southarkrob
02-07-2011, 04:39 PM
I bought a 383-A Saturday and am interested in aquiring another magazine. Do the ones for the Thunder 380's work in it??? Where is a good place to look? Thanks Robbie

pollyb
02-07-2011, 06:29 PM
Welcome to Bersa Chat southarkrob, and congratulations on your new aquisition.

The current Thunder 380 7 or 9 round mag should work fine for you in the model 383-A. :wink:
Use OEM mags :thumbs up:stay away from aftermarket mags:yuck:. You can purchase OEM mags here http://www.condorsflight.com/. After you have 10 posts on Bersa Chat you can contact any MOD or Administrator for the SECRET CODE to get a 10% discount. :cool: (You only need 8 more posts) regards jab

Please note retraction here: http://www.bersachat.com/forums/showthread.php/6897-383-A-Mags?p=73467#post73467

southarkrob
02-07-2011, 06:59 PM
Thanks for the info...Robbie

Americangirl01
02-07-2011, 10:08 PM
Welcome to Bersa Chat, southarkrob.

You can't more accurate information than from pollyb...:. Enjoy your pistol.

southarkrob
02-11-2011, 02:03 PM
I bought a factory 7 rd Thunder 380 mag today and it wont work on my pistol...any suggestions??? This has me kinda puzzled...it is a little longer than the one that is in it. Thanks Robbie

pollyb
02-11-2011, 06:27 PM
I bought a factory 7 rd Thunder 380 mag today and it wont work on my pistol...any suggestions??? This has me kinda puzzled...it is a little longer than the one that is in it. Thanks Robbie
Hey Robbie,
Please expand on "it won't work" and I'll see if I can help. ( i.e won't fit the well, won't latch, won't feed etc)

On the left side of the new mag body is the marking "(BERSA) CAL..380 ACP INDUSTRIA ARGENTINA" ?

"it is a little longer than the one that is in it." ... the finger rests will be different design and the new one will be a little larger in size. regards jab

raygixxer89
02-11-2011, 11:06 PM
When I spoke to a Bersa rep a few weeks ago,I could have sworn that she told me that the newer mags wouldn't work. There is this really,really nice 383A that I want to buy but was curious about parts support for it. Doesn't matter,though,I'm still gonna get it!
I also called Mec-Gar and they won't be making mags for it but will soon start production on all of the newer Bersa's! I trust Mec-Gar with my life and all of my pistols run them. In my opinion,they are the premier mag maker.

southarkrob
02-11-2011, 11:14 PM
It is a tad longer than the original one and the finger rest is different...it goes in all except for about 1/2" and you cant make it lock in place. I pulled the slide back and inserted it and the slide wont go forward. The notch that catches the mag at the top is different than the original. Hope this makes sense.

pollyb
02-13-2011, 10:36 AM
:redface: after several exchanges/contacts with southarkrob I feel I must retract my recommendation to use the current Thunder 380 7 & 9round mags in the model 383A. (My recommmendation was based my limited past experience with a 383A which I no longer have so....).

I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused anyone. :rolleyes: regards jab

guitarsnrotts
07-29-2011, 01:12 PM
I have also had problems with aftermarket mags listed as being for the 383A. Ended up buying a couple from Eagle Importers. About a year later I decided to get a couple more and was told they were out of stock and no longer in production. Would be happy to hear of any success stories for aftermarket mags.

juanace
07-30-2011, 12:20 PM
I have two Pro Mag model BRA 01, they have worked fine and good quality. Got them from Cheaper Than Dirt. I used them on my 383 A.

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/MAG397-36.html