PDA

View Full Version : Pocket lint

electricmo
12-26-2010, 08:33 AM
When you guys carry in a pocket holster are you having any problems with lint? I'm stricktly blue jean man and constantly have pocket lint..

Rollin Thunder
12-26-2010, 08:45 AM
I carry IWB with a UBG canute and my shirt rubbing against the grip will cause lint to fall into the hammer area. I clean my EDC once a week because of this.
Great subject BTW.

mitchr
12-26-2010, 09:16 AM
I get it with OWB carry! One good thing about using Finish Line Dri Lube is it doesn't stick. I just blow it out. Can't do that with oil/grease!

TuxAir
12-26-2010, 09:17 AM
Yes. I look mine over daily for lint/FOD. Lint happens :D Coat carry with a pocket holster has not improved things in that area. It only lets me grip and present the weapon better.

electricmo
12-26-2010, 10:59 AM
I carry IWB and sometimes am amazed at amount of crud that happens after just a day sometimes.I won't carry in pocket for this very reason. I carry in my boot most of the time and have some issues with sock lint sometime. Just don't want a jam when moment of truth might come calling..

p-t-max
12-26-2010, 11:05 AM
Sure, lint happens, but it's not a problem if you don't let it become one. Just blow it out whenever you notice it. Q-tips work great, too. :thumbs up:

Michael T
12-26-2010, 11:45 AM
I carry in my boot most of the time and have some issues with sock lint sometime. Just don't want a jam when moment of truth might come calling..
If in you boot might not need to worry about Jam. If moment of truth comes calling . That is a very slow draw. Please put more center of body.
As for lint, I have posted before . I took a 32 KelTec used grease on the rails and for 6 months carried and shot 1 mag per month never cleaned shoot reload and back to pocket . It never fail to work . At end of 6 months and last firing I took down to clean Their was lint in hammer area around recoil spring and grease was hard with lots of crud . It the little KT went 6 months . Do a weekly cleaning and lint should never be a problem.

bigblock57
12-26-2010, 01:27 PM
I pocket carry in my Jeans. I do get some lint. But I carry almost dry. Very little oil, and nothing oozing to the outside. So it does not become a big issue. Once a week clean is sufficient.

Reginald Carstairs
12-26-2010, 01:36 PM
It's OK but I blow it out with canned air sometimes

PHMadness
12-26-2010, 01:38 PM
My Seecamp gets fulla wooly boogers after a couple of days. I have tested it when its full of the fluff and had no issues.

JONESN
12-26-2010, 08:05 PM
I pocket carry and try to pre-remove as much lint as I can before I put my P-32 in the said pocket. Cuts down quite a bit on the lint dept..FOD thats a good one tux!

TuxAir
12-26-2010, 09:24 PM
I pocket carry and try to pre-remove as much lint as I can before I put my P-32 in the said pocket. Cuts down quite a bit on the lint dept..FOD thats a good one tux!I knew some of you would understand that :)
For the other folks FOD = Foreign Object Debris

electricmo
12-27-2010, 12:24 AM
MT I ride a bike quite a bit and the boot carry is most comfortable and I don't have to worry about shirt flying up exposing the pistol. Gun in the waste band not the most comfortable sitting on bike.I agree about not quickest draw but at least I have it.Other times it is IWB holster. I also use dry lube on pistols and still clean fuzzys out daily..

Mason
12-27-2010, 06:57 AM
Just take your lint covered pistol and shoot it.. It will still go bang and after one round all the lint is gone.. Its kinda like the lint in your belly button.. Can be completely full of it but still doesn't really effect its function much.

SC Dave
12-27-2010, 07:14 AM
I clean my P3AT with canned air at the end of each day, that works well for me.

JONESN
12-27-2010, 08:57 AM
Im an ramp agent from BITD tux.

Michael T
12-27-2010, 10:44 AM
MT I ride a bike quite a bit and the boot carry is most comfortable and I don't have to worry about shirt flying up exposing the pistol. Gun in the waste band not the most comfortable sitting on bike.I agree about not quickest draw but at least I have it.Other times it is IWB holster. I also use dry lube on pistols and still clean fuzzys out daily..

When I ride I tuck T shirt up under belt on both sides keeps pistol hidden and shirt stays in place even at 150 + mph . Even if come loose who going to notice . When I stop I just pull shirt loose If I am wearing my riding jacket I have on a shoulder holster.
Their no room in my sport riding boots for any thing except my feet and calf of leg .
Go away snow& ice The Hayabusa needs to be exercised.

brian c
12-27-2010, 06:22 PM
what about gum and mike n ikes

Mason
12-27-2010, 07:50 PM
Just spike up some tires and take that Brewskie out!

Rollin Thunder
12-27-2010, 09:39 PM
Remember the old Russians ice racing?