PDA

View Full Version : Anybody pocket carry a Thunder 380?

depusm12
11-16-2010, 07:36 PM
Anybody pocket carry the Bersa Thunder 380? If so what holster do you use?
Any pictures would be appreciated.

stidgun
11-16-2010, 07:46 PM
Now and then, in a Desanti Nemesis.

depusm12
11-16-2010, 07:49 PM
How does it fit in your pocket? What type of pants do you normally wear? I normally carry a S&W 442 and it seams bulky. Looking for something thinner.
I normally carry in blue jeans and cargo pants.

Michael T
11-16-2010, 07:53 PM
A lot of pocket carry depends on the clothes I was pocket packing a J frame model49 real bodyguard 38spl. today in a Don Hume pocket holster with 1 reload in jacket and a 1911 Dan Wesson on hip. with 2 spare mags
I have pocket carried my Thunder in a cheap uncle mikes holster . Other pants ,I have a KelTec or my Colt Mustang about all your going to get.

Mason
11-16-2010, 07:56 PM
Occasionally I will carry my .380cc in pocket with a Desantis Nemeses #4 I'm thinking is the size.. I gotta have my work bloomers on though.. If I'm wearing my "I'm sexy" tight fit jeans (with a scosch more room) I cant carry the Bersa that way.

stidgun
11-16-2010, 09:14 PM
Regular jeans. Couldn't get to it fast if I tried.
Maybe if you wear big baggy stuff it would work better.

Better yet, buy a good holster. Like UBG

J_C
11-17-2010, 12:59 AM
I've carried the T380 in a Galco pocket holster before. Front right-side pocket. Works ok in a pair of jeans I have. Not quite so ok (but doable) in some dress slacks that have a fairly roomy front pocket.

Not something I'd want to do all of the time, though. In dark slacks it's not too obvious, but in lighter colored dress slacks it looked like I had something big and heavy and gun-like stuck in there.

Old Ben Kenobi
11-17-2010, 01:45 AM
Now and then, in a Desanti Nemesis. Carry my B380cc everyday in one of these.

mitchr
11-17-2010, 09:01 AM
I've decided I don't like pocket carry, regardless of which weapon. Tried it with my Kel-Tec around the house. Just too slow, etc. getting it out. Ended up keeping my hand in my pocket all the time, the one time I carried that way for real.

kulprit
11-17-2010, 11:50 AM
I experimented when I first got my standard-sized model. I tried carrying it in the cargo pocket of cargo shorts but didn't like having a pendulum swinging around when I walked. It really dragged the shorts down and was too low to get at effectively. The gun is much better to carry in a front or back pocket since it's more controllable (won't flap around banging into me knees and going *thud* when I walk near something) but the standard-sized BT380 is just too big to conceal in the back pocket of any of my pants. I was using an IWB holster for my little experiment so I can't offer any recommendations on pocket holsters for the BT380, but I do have a Desantis Nemesis for my KelTec that I like very much (though it still prints if you have a keen eye).

Michael T
11-17-2010, 01:00 PM
(though it still prints if you have a keen eye).

People don't pay any attention to your pocket A cop or another CCW might notice. but into days world people have their belt and pockets full of unneed crap. On the Kel Tec the little spring clip is great for IWB . Have on 2 of ours . Its safe I know trigger not covered. Well it is covered by your pants And if you snag you pants bad enough to pull that long DA trigger . You really need some serious help. KT has sold many of these and other company's have simmer . I have a grip type for a J frame . If these were so bad they would have long ago been removed from market. My J frame grip is at least 30 yrs old. Some lawyer would have got rich off them.. by now.

Reginald Carstairs
11-17-2010, 01:19 PM
Now and then, in a Desanti Nemesis.
Same here, but with a long shirt it's on the belt.

NCFlyfisher
11-17-2010, 05:16 PM
I have in the past and even in the back pocket. Sometimes doing yard work I carry my 45 UC and 9 UC in the back pocket too.

Michael T
11-17-2010, 05:21 PM
ALL IN THE SAME POCKET YOU EXPECTING A WAR IN YOUR BACK YARD. .

Mason
11-17-2010, 05:34 PM
Maybe I could use a couple of guns in place of the tater?

kulprit
11-18-2010, 01:24 AM
MT, that's why I said "keen eye." You're not going to see it if you're not looking for it. It prints a lot less in jeans since the rear pockets are tighter, but I only wear jeans a half-dozen times a year, max. Either way I'm not concerned - the only place it could get me in trouble is in a restaurant....I'm still working on a solution for that.

When looking for a KT I saw the clips for the first time. It's a neat idea and I've thought about getting one, but it looks like the entire gun would be below the belt line and therefore difficult to get at. Is it? And does the clip play nicely if I choose to carry the KT in a holster?

Mason
11-18-2010, 07:02 AM
I"ve got the clip on my KT P3AT and it fits nice and tight... You'll forget its there and so will your holster.

patriot 1639
11-20-2010, 11:38 AM
True local "tourists" geeks having to enter friggin S.F. for some god foresaken reason...use a small, multi sectional butt pack hanging above your junk with a pocketed Hoodie where you can inconspiculously pull your T380. Fits pefect behind the small flask, snickers bar, cheap smokes/lighter and accessories section. Look like a geek and carry a medium stick. Picture unavailable, thank me.

Mortie
11-20-2010, 03:56 PM
I always pocket carry my .380 cc or my 9mm UC Pro in the front pocket of my jeans. Galco Pocket Pro or a no name EBay holster. I am 6' 160 pounds. People are much more oblivious than you might think.

bigblock57
11-20-2010, 08:25 PM
I used to carry my BT380 (not cc) with the Nemesis. I usually wear Jeans. (Well, slacks at work, but then I am not allowed to carry). It was a little too big for that and often the back of the grip was visible if looking down into my pocket. I switched to DiamondBack 380 in the Bersa Pock-a-roo holster that also holds the spare magazine. Works better, although I would have preferred the Bersa Thunder.

Muddog
11-22-2010, 01:41 PM
carry my 380CC in the bersa pocket holster it came with along with spare mag
i don't wear anything but jeans these days and am 6ft 190lbs

very comfortable but tough to draw on the quick... which is why my 9uc or my 1911 is in my waistband... the 380 is BUG or for when clothing doesn't allow for good concealment of the larger firearms
however when in suit coat pocket (rare rare occurance these days) its very easy draw and forget its there

Tyler
01-03-2011, 05:59 PM
I carry my BT .380 in the cargo pocket of my EMS pants everyday i work. I carry mine in a TUFF pocket holster. I really like it, it has a spot for a spare magazine on it but it affects the ease to get to the gun wile in pocket so i just carry my spare mag in the other pocket. I really do like it though for the fact that it distorts the outline of the gun so well expecally with the extra mag in it. Ive been wearing it for about 3 months now and it hasnt come apart AT ALL its a cheap but well made holster.796
Here is the link to get it :http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?productnumber=242648

franco45
01-09-2011, 01:01 PM
I pocket carry my CC in a Desantis Superfly if I am not appendix carrying my Kahr CW9 in a Mr. Softy from High Noon Holsters.