PDA

View Full Version : Bersa 380 Holster Opinions

robertbick
10-14-2010, 08:51 AM
Hello all. I recently purchased a BT380 and am trying to decide on a quality holster. I want something that is leather (no plastic), straps or clips onto a belt or waistband, is not a IWB (too uncormfortable for me) and holds the gun nice and close to my body so as not to profile under a shirt. Any recommendations?

Ones I am thinking about are:

Galco Stinger http://www.usgalco.com/HolsterPG3.asp?ProductID=3050&GunID=296

Galco Fletch http://www.usgalco.com/HolsterPG3.asp?ProductID=2568&GunID=296

Galco Silhouette http://www.usgalco.com/HolsterPG3.asp?ProductID=965&GunID=296

Vega N1 http://www.condorsflight.com/products/product_info.php?cPath=106_108_122&products_id=1539

Vega H1 http://www.condorsflight.com/products/product_info.php?cPath=106_108_122&products_id=1500

SleepingDog http://www.condorsflight.com/products/product_info.php?cPath=106_108_122&products_id=1794 not sure about this one since it fits many guns.

Anyone have any of the above holster and can comment on how they like them and whether or not they hold the gun tight to the body? Feel free to suggest anything else.

Thanks for any help!!!

Bob

Mason
10-14-2010, 08:59 AM
I have drawers full of holsters.. I wish I would have listened to everybody and just started off with a UBG holster.. I would have been lots 'n lots of money ahead! They are simply the best.. Link below

http://ubgholsters.com/

p-t-max
10-14-2010, 09:05 AM
Same here. I spent a lot of money trying to find the right holster when I should have just bought a UBG. Follow the link Mason gave you.

Oh, and welcome to Bersa Chat.

robertbick
10-14-2010, 09:10 AM
I do not seen any difference between a UBG and any other name-brand leather pancake holster. What exactly makes them better than a Galco, Bianchi, etc.?

Bronson
10-14-2010, 10:29 AM
Some of the big names make holsters that will "fit" a list of guns when in reality they are molded for one specific gun and the others will just fit in the pocket. UBG molds his holsters for one specific gun. So if you order a holster for a BT380 it will be molded around a BT380.

Based on what the OP is looking for I would recommend the UBG Regulator. I had two (sold one when I sold a gun) and they are great.

Bronson

Bronson
10-14-2010, 10:33 AM
See this thread for an example of a one-size-fits-many holster.

http://www.bersachat.com/forums/showthread.php/3625-GALCO-HOLSTER-on-SALE-eBay

Bronson

susies1955
10-14-2010, 10:47 AM
Sparky (husband) and I bought inside holsters at Gander Mountain when we first got our Bersa Thunders. They are cheap and don't stay put.
I don't wear a belt and my clothes are rather form fitting so I have resorting to carrying in my purse. I bet Sparky would like one of these UBG's.
I don't see that they make anything that can be worn without a belt.
Susie

mitchr
10-14-2010, 02:17 PM
I don't have any of those specific holsters, but I do have a Galco made one that I bought from Condors Flight for my UC9 & it is well made & holds the pistol snug, even though it is a 'one fits many' type of holster. In fact, it held the pistol so well, the thumb break wasn't needed so I cut it off to make it an open holster. I did notice that the prices of the Galco Fletch & Sillouette would probably pay for a UBG holster & you would know, for a fact, that it was made specifically for your pistol.

Thunder 9
10-14-2010, 04:29 PM
I have 2 bersa's and 6 holsters. I stopped buying and looking for "the right" holsters after purchasing a UBG Becker for my Thunder 380 and a Striker for my Thunder 9 UC. The fit,finish and retention are excellent. As Mason and many others have said buy the UBG's and save yourself some time and cash.

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll64/keith642/100_0127.jpg

The top ban on the Striker is shark skin if I recall correctly

robertbick
10-14-2010, 06:03 PM
OK... it looks like UBG got the most votes. Now I have to decide between the Bonneville and the Phaetos. It seems like the Bonneville would be more concealable since it is higher riding than the Phaetos. Decisions, decisions, decisions...

Maybe I'll pick up a cheap IWB holster to use until I decide, order and receive a UBG.

mitchr
10-14-2010, 06:59 PM
Quote: "Maybe I'll pick up a cheap IWB holster to use until I decide, order and receive"

Following link is to a cheap IWB holster from Condors Flight & with the present 15% discount offering, it'll be down close to $20 + freight. Maybe get some spare mags at the same time to spread out the freight.

http://www.condorsflight.com/products/product_info.php?cPath=106_107_120&products_id=1831

P.S. Can also take the clip out & use as OWB holster. It's what I used until I got my Galco from them. Would still use it if I still carried my PF9 Keltec.

kulprit
10-14-2010, 07:39 PM
My OWB holster is a Galco M7X. I think it's great and should meet all of your needs, but it is *gasp* plastic, so you probably won't dig it as much as I do.

J_C
10-15-2010, 12:47 AM
OK... it looks like UBG got the most votes. Now I have to decide between the Bonneville and the Phaetos. It seems like the Bonneville would be more concealable since it is higher riding than the Phaetos. Decisions, decisions, decisions...

Maybe I'll pick up a cheap IWB holster to use until I decide, order and receive a UBG.
If you're considering the Phaetos, look into the Regulator as well. It rides at about the same level as the Phaetos, but snaps around the belt rather than having to thread the belt through, which was one of your original requirements. Nate himself recommends it.

I love a nice high-ride pancake style like the Bonneville for OWB carry, but it does have the restriction of leaving the holster on all day unless you want to undo your belt. You'd be amazed how well a high-ride pancake works not only for concealment (assuming a jacket or untucked shirt) but also for weapon retention. I prefer a thumb-break snap strap too but apparently these days those are out of fashion.

For a VERY cheap IWB holster (non tuckable) that fits the Thunder 380 perfectly and is quite comfortable, there's the Blackhawk Inside-the-Pants nylon holster in Size 01. I bought mine at the local gun store for $14.00. That's something that can tide you over until you decide. http://www.blackhawk.com/product/Inside-The-Pants-Holster,947,34.htm

Mine works fine and the plastic clip grips a belt well. It's very thin padded neoprene, stays put and is comfortable. It is a vertical draw with no cant at all, and as such works ok for appendix or even cross-draw. I got it to have something until I decided what to get (have the forward-cant Becker on order from Nate), and for something to stick in the belt for cross-draw while seated in a car. It's got some issues with the right sight blade starting to snag on the nylon lining fabric, but nothing that would prevent a draw.

I used to like Bianchi holsters, and they are apparently still made and sold by Midwayusa.com among others. They have a couple that fit the Thunder 380, but as some others have mentioned they fit a range of guns in that size, unlike the UBGs which are custom molded specifically for the gun.

There are plenty of others you can find but either more expensive than UBG or else not your style (you didn't want IWB). Best of luck with your search.

Bronson
10-15-2010, 01:25 AM
If you're considering the Phaetos, look into the Regulator as well. It rides at about the same level as the Phaetos, but snaps around the belt rather than having to thread the belt through, which was one of your original requirements. Nate himself recommends it.

Yes, what he said.

Bronson

Reginald Carstairs
10-15-2010, 02:47 AM
UBG in the style you like, thay are the best bang for the buck as all have stated above.

robertbick
10-15-2010, 06:27 AM
Thanks to everyone for your help!!!

J_C
10-15-2010, 07:31 PM
Sparky (husband) and I bought inside holsters at Gander Mountain when we first got our Bersa Thunders. They are cheap and don't stay put.
I don't wear a belt and my clothes are rather form fitting so I have resorting to carrying in my purse. I bet Sparky would like one of these UBG's.
I don't see that they make anything that can be worn without a belt.
Susie

Susie:

Here's a video that another female shooter posted on youtube, discussing her various ways of carrying her pistol (which is a Ruger LCR revolver). She shows a number of holsters and how well they conceal her weapon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkC5UxivyQQ

Corneredcat.com also has a lengthy article about various holsters and concealment methods, written by a woman. Link: http://corneredcat.com/Holster/howhide.aspx

Michael T
10-15-2010, 07:49 PM
Nate makes his holsters 1 at a time from cutting to to finishing. It all him . (well mostly him he has a couple hundred illegals hiding in his basement helping :yikes: just kidding :smile:)

He is a one man custom operation. Galco is what a large company that mass produces . and could care less about its customers . Nate gives personal service . Was a early member on the first BersaTalk. when I had just started that board. He was first person. I know that took it upon himself to start making holsters for the Bersa . Galco and other major holster makers wouldn't give us time of day. Nate founded UBG for Bersa owners , because He saw the need. He is a member here and comes buy and posts . Is Galco a member don't think so Have they ever asked to join or be a sponsor NOPE!
Buy from a trusted and respected member. Who by way makes great holsters I have several.:thumbs up:

susies1955
10-16-2010, 06:00 AM
JC,
I didn't get notice that you replied. :) Thanks so very much.
I'm watching the video now and Sparky did give me that Cornered Cat link and I've read some of it.
Susie

J_C
10-16-2010, 10:12 AM
Glad to help out. I still struggle with effective concealment myself. Probably just haven't got the right combo of weapon, holster, and clothing yet. Takes a while to sort all of that out and to be able to afford everything you need.

Nate at UBGHolsters does read and respond to e-mails. You might explain your carry situation to him and that you need something that works beltless. Maybe he'll come up with a new product line inspired by you, and get rich :)

susies1955
10-16-2010, 12:13 PM
He does have something beltless. Sparky and I have both been looking at the Becker:
Same design as the Nassar, except this has a single offset clip. As with ALL UBG Holsters, this holster has a body shield. Can be worn for appendix and/or hip carry. With the offset clip, this holster is thinner overall and easier to conceal. Available in a Vertical or Forward cant. Tuckable design allows you to tuck your shirt around the gun. Reinforcement is available, but not recommended.

J_C
10-16-2010, 01:40 PM
The only trick with using a clip-on holster without a belt, is figuring out how to draw the gun without the holster coming along with it. I suppose it depends on how tightly it is held in by your waistband and if there is any sort of high-friction backing material that will keep in in place.

susies1955
10-16-2010, 02:19 PM
Hopefully the clip would be a tight one. Still not sure about what to get.

Bronson
10-17-2010, 01:41 AM
Still not sure about what to get.

A belt comes to mind :tongue:

Bronson

susies1955
10-17-2010, 03:38 AM
A belt eh?

robertbick
10-17-2010, 08:18 AM
Does anyone have any pics to share of their Bersa inside a UBG Phaetos or Bonneville holster? Maybe also a pic of it on their belt?

RudeDog
10-20-2010, 10:12 PM
I've got a a galco iwb and a DeSantis Nemsis pocket holster. I really like the Nemsis, it doubles well as iwb.

robertbick
10-21-2010, 06:48 AM
Nate suggested the Bonneville for me so that is what I ordered. Hopefully it will be here before Thanksgiving... can't wait!

briand
10-24-2010, 12:06 PM
...thought I'd chime in, here.

I have the Becker (with the forward cant) for my Bersa Thunder .380, and have worn it with/without a belt. I've also done some SD "practice drills" with/without a belt -- and had no issues with the holster coming out with the pistol during a draw. Nate does fine work, and the folks on this thread (and others) that mention collecting a drawer full of dust-collecting holsters before buying a UBG are spot-on. My only personal experience with Nate's work is in regards to the Becker I bought from him, but I'm sure the same high quality is present on all of his other holsters, as indicated by the overwhelmingly positive reviews/recommendations he receives on this (and other!!) forums.

robertbick
10-24-2010, 03:32 PM
Yep... I have read only positive comments about Nate here and on other forums so that is why I ordered one from him.

Mason
10-25-2010, 10:41 AM
If I didn't wear a belt my pants would fall down.. Would you all want that?

Plus its what I hook my holster on to.

jarhead79
10-25-2010, 08:25 PM
Good to see you guys still love me, even though I can't get on here that often. Thanks for all the kindness.

Nate

MrBill48
10-27-2010, 02:24 PM
I've also tried several holsters, and was disappointed with the Galco IWB tuckable. It was listed as fitting the BT380, but wasn't deep enough for the trigger guard. It looks like it was made for the Walther PPK with its rounded trigger guard because it fit my Radom P64 just fine, and the P64 is very close in size and shape to the PPK. That doesn't do anything for me because I bought the BT380 to replace the P64 as my carry pistol. I also gave up un tuckable because it was such a pain to holster the gun and tuck the shirt. Since I gave up on the Galco I've been carrying IWB without a holster which is okay except the pistol shifts when I sit in the car, then I have to adjust it when I get out. I ordered one of Nate's Canute IWB holsters a few weeks ago and according to my account activity he started working on it early last week so I'm waiting for the mailman like a kid waiting for Santa Claus.

Mason
10-27-2010, 07:46 PM
The wait is worth it MrBill, you wont be disapointed.....

MrBill48
10-28-2010, 12:36 PM
As a matter of fact it arrived today. It looks and fits great. It presents the gun in a position I'm not used to, but practice will take care of that. Most importantly, it tucks the gun close to my body for good concealment, and the location will always be the same.

BernMan
10-28-2010, 04:57 PM
655I picked up a Fobus Ankle Holster Made for the Bersa T-380 and the Firestorm 380 only $45.00 at my local GS.Fit is perfect and very comfortable'Hardlyknow I have it on.

RudeDog
10-28-2010, 10:07 PM
I have a Galco IWB and a DeSantis Pocket Nemesis, I'm very satisified with both. No problem with the fit, mine were marked for glock 26 and when I saw them at Cabelas I asked to see a BT380 from the cabinet to check the fit before I made the purchases.

stidgun
10-28-2010, 11:24 PM
I picked up a Fobus Paddle Holster Model # BS2-Made for the Bersa T-380 and the Firestorm 380 only $26.95 at my local GS.Fit is perfect and very comfortable'Hardlyknow I have it on.
You got hosed Tommy you got hosed. Buy them all day for 15.00
I own a couple of Nates, there great. Also Bianchi does make model specific holsters, I like the carry locks, even a 90.00 holster for a large revolver. (there not all fit all) think its the price range your searching?
Funny thing is I use the cheap Fobus holsters the most, easy on easy off.
I kinda quit worrying about printing.

Side note: I had a UBG made for a Taurus 24-7 45. liked the holster, decided i didn't like the gun. Traded the gun. Took the holster and soaked it in hot water, it is now molded perfect for a S&W 40VE.. you can reshape them for similar size guns. (shhh, Nate says a secret).

robertbick
11-12-2010, 01:25 PM
Just got my UBG Bonneville holster today! Thanks to all for recommending Nate. The quality is excellent and it is extremely comfortable to wear.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/robertbick/temp/IMAG0283.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/robertbick/temp/IMAG0284.jpg

James
11-13-2010, 12:56 AM
Hello all,
I just picked up my Bersa 380 Thunder Plus tonite!
My question is simple.
I have an active lifestyle. Including riding motorcycles. Sport motorcycles.
What holds the Bursa in the UBG holster? Is there a thumb strap option?
How do you carry an extra clip? (please don't say in your pocket)!!

Bronson
11-13-2010, 02:07 AM
What holds the Bursa in the UBG holster?

Friction. Thumb breaks are not generally used on concealed carry holsters.

Is there a thumb strap option?

Not from UBG. Nate from UBG sends all of his custom requests to Tim Start of High Desert Leather http://www.highdesertleather.com/ Tim has models that are very similar to UBGs (I believe they may even share patterns) and I'm fairly certain he could hook you up with a thumb break option.

How do you carry an extra clip?

If you look at the clips (http://www.ubgholsters.com/images/iwb_striker1.jpg) Nate at UBG is using on his holsters I can tell you they are stout. The chances of breaking one are pretty slim so I can't imagine a reason that you'd need to carry an extra one around with you.

Bronson

kulprit
11-13-2010, 02:59 AM
If you look at the clips (http://www.ubgholsters.com/images/iwb_striker1.jpg) Nate at UBG is using on his holsters I can tell you they are stout. The chances of breaking one are pretty slim so I can't imagine a reason that you'd need to carry an extra one around with you.

Bronson

smart ass......hahaha

James
11-13-2010, 07:56 AM
Thanks for the LINK.
I should have used the proper term. 'Magazine'.

mitchr
11-13-2010, 09:00 AM
smart ass......hahaha

There's one in every crowd! :laughing:

James
11-14-2010, 10:13 PM
Does anyone here use a shoulder holster?

oldfart60
11-14-2010, 11:11 PM
I LOVE my Don Hume First Agent holster for my 380. Holds the pistol very close to body and very high up. I wear mine at 4 o'clock and you can't see it unless you're expecting to find a gun there. Draws very fast too.

Bronson
11-15-2010, 03:07 AM
Thanks for the LINK.
I should have used the proper term. 'Magazine'.

It's a long running joke here at Bersa Chat and a pet peeve of the Big Cheese. You have now been officially inducted into the asylum. Welcome to the party :party:

Bronson

Tyler
01-03-2011, 06:38 PM
I have a Tuck-This II holster from DeSantis I actually like it. Its no UBG but its still an alright holster. It has a place for a spare mag and comes with an allen wrench where you can adjust the cant. They also sell a thumb break strap separately i don't have the thumb break strap on mine but it does look like a good idea:confused:
I do have some pics that I'll post also one thing to keep in mind is that i am wearing a thin white undershirt so it is still somewhat visible...797798799800801
Here's a link to the holster I forgot exactly where i got it but it was cheaper than this.. http://www.desantisholster.com/store/SEARCH-BY-GUN-MANUFACTURER/BERSA/THUNDER-380cal/INSIDE-THE-WAIST-BAND-HOLSTERS/Tuck-This-II

bersathunder380
01-08-2011, 12:42 PM
That's a good lookin holster. Desantis seems to make quality stuff. They make great little pocket holsters for the keltec/lcp 380's also.

txmarine
01-12-2011, 04:32 PM
New guy here but a long time Bersa carrier. Had 2 380's and the Pro 9. Sold one of the 380's and my daughter took the other (but she didn't give me any money - just a hug and "thanks daddy"). Took the money from the other sale and marched right down to the gun shop and bought my long desired uc9. Really glad I found this forum and already found something I've been looking for...UBG....headed there right now. Thanks guys, look forward to my new found hang out.

mitchr
01-12-2011, 07:49 PM
Welcome to Bersa Chat txmarine. Looks like you raised your daughter right! :smile: As to your "new found hang out", need to watch out for a few old grouches & it gets kinda deep around here sometimes, so boots are recommended. :smile:

Bronson
01-12-2011, 08:33 PM
need to watch out for a few old grouches

That would be me......

& it gets kinda deep around here sometimes, so boots are recommended. :smile:

aaaand so would that :tongue::smile:

Bronson

mitchr
01-12-2011, 09:06 PM
Now Bronson, I wasn't gonna name any names!! :wink:

txmarine
01-14-2011, 07:21 PM
Fine with me....I found out a long time ago, "old grouches" usually know a lot or think they know a lot - and I favor the former- from them I can learn, but still wear the boots just in case.