PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Carrying ...

Penfield
10-01-2010, 11:26 PM
a Bersa Thunder 380 in a UBG Phaetos?

If so would you post your experiences - good or not so good?

Thinking of getting the Phaetos but like to hear what folks who wear it think of theirs.

Thanks.

NCFlyfisher
10-01-2010, 11:55 PM
Good Josh, Penfield!

I'm so really to order a UBG from Nate it is killing me. I've set aside a holster fund for the reason. Pond Scum & BlueRidge83 emailed me awesome photos of Nate's work and answered a lot of my questions about the details on the IWB holsters.

My Mom likes to have the BT 380 in her purse and at night on her night stand.

Bronson
10-02-2010, 12:15 AM
I have nothing against the Phaetos as I've never carried in one but I can highly recommend the UBG Regulator. For my money if you're going to go with the Phaetos get the Regulator instead. The ride height of the gun is only a little lower on the Regulator and the added ability to remove it from your belt without having to undress is really nice. If you need/want something that rides higher look at the Bonneville.

Bronson

NCFlyfisher
10-02-2010, 12:22 AM
I sometimes carry "nude". Behind the back at a 5PM position when I don't have a holster available.

Mason
10-02-2010, 04:00 AM
I sometimes carry "nude". Behind the back at a 5PM position when I don't have a holster available.

Nude? Ya gotta be careful carrying a gun unprotected like that.. It could get Hipatitus.

keoweecenturion
10-02-2010, 06:30 AM
or yes that is a pistol in my pocket :)

p-t-max
10-02-2010, 10:49 AM
Yeah...or a spud in my pants. :redface:

Michael T
10-02-2010, 11:52 AM
behind back for gangbangers and movies it slow and with out holster plain dumb . Get a holster and put 3 to 5 o clock if right handed You will find a sweet spot and all will be right with the world.

NCFlyfisher
10-02-2010, 12:56 PM
Let me rephrase that...

Gun only without a holster.

I can't carry it in front the darn belly's in the way :D

p-t-max
10-02-2010, 03:01 PM
I did that exactly one time. The gun slide down the back of my pants and out my pantleg. :redface:

PHMadness
10-02-2010, 03:29 PM
Unless you are looking to get the 3 slot version for some reason, I too would recommend looking closer at the Regulator as well. I have several UBG holsters and the Regulators are far and away my favorite.
I have an unfair advantage in that since he lives down the street I get to check out, fondle and compare stuff side by side. The Regulator sits only slightly lower than the Phaetos.

Fly, I carried my UC9 bareback like that for about 45 minutes once during a tense situation at the shop and the controls got flash rust on them.:yikes:

I did that exactly one time. The gun slide down the back of my pants and out my pantleg. :redface:
Good thing it didn't get hung up on the 'tater. That could have been embarrassing.

Txlaw1
10-02-2010, 07:33 PM
Unless you are looking to get the 3 slot version for some reason, I too would recommend looking closer at the Regulator as well. I have several UBG holsters and the Regulators are far and away my favorite.

Totally agree. I carry Regulator with either my 9 UC or 45 UC. They are so close to being the same size. And so easy on and off the belt versus the Phaetos.

Pond Scum
10-03-2010, 09:45 AM

Don't you mean the 6 o'clock position? If you carry nude at the 5 o'clock postion your anatomy must be a little off. :tongue:

-Pondy

J_C
10-03-2010, 02:06 PM
I think he means when he gets home at 5:00 PM he takes his clothes off and carries his gun around. People do odd things in the Appalachian hills, but it's a free country.

Rollin Thunder
10-03-2010, 06:26 PM
They don't call him the fishfondler for nothin'

Pond Scum
10-03-2010, 10:09 PM
I think he means when he gets home at 5:00 PM he takes his clothes off and carries his gun around. People do odd things in the Appalachian hills, but it's a free country.

Oh, and I thought he was gripping it with his cheeks! Silly me.

-Pondy

Pond Scum
10-03-2010, 10:15 PM
To get back to Penfield's question. My wife picked a Phaetos for her BT380. Nate suggested it for a woman as he said the higher rise would be a better fit. I have her holster for my BT380 and I really like it. I bought a Phaetos for my 9HC and I have used it for the 9UC and 45UC as well. Nate suggested I get a Regulator for the ease of removal with the snaps but my primary use for the Phaetos was for IDPA competiton and I figured the belt slots would be more secure. I really like it..... I also wanted the higher rise with the HC so my cover garment doesn't need to be as long.

Penfield, the Regulator and Phaetos are both great holsters and are very comfortable. You just need to decide if want the quick on and off of the Regulator of not .... either is a great choice.

-Pondy :smile:

NCFlyfisher
10-03-2010, 10:30 PM
Good Josh!!!

I'm so pleased you'll finding my "nude" carry position entrainment, lol

I thought the belly button was the 12 o'clock carry position. Has that changed? Is it now your rear end at 12?

Okay, I've carried my Bersas several times without a holster inside the belt against my back side around the back pant's pocket on the right side.

Now there's sweat involved, but I haven't noticed any problems with the Bersa's finish.

Hope this is clear :D