PDA

View Full Version : Old hunter, new to Bersa

FakeBersaName
08-26-2010, 08:49 PM
I grew up in Texarkana, Arkansas. Have always been a hunter. My Dad was a Treasury Agent, so I grew up very familiar with Smith & Wesson revolvers.

Started shooting a Glock about 20 years ago. Only discovered Bersa because there is a Bersa dealer in the town where I live in NE Arkansas. I had never seen one before and didn't think anything from Argentina could be very good.

Boy, was I wrong--Bersa UC9 and HC.40 are now my favorite handguns. I never had a handgun fit my hand so naturally. And no more jams!

I serve as Pastor to two small Lutheran LCMS congregations in the NE corner of Arkansas. That is among the 'still believe in the Bible' branch of those who call themselves Lutherans in the USA.

I have even less faith in governments than Thomas Jefferson did. But then I have never seen a constitution that was actually followed to the letter either in governments or in churches or organizations. Something about man himself--rules are for breaking--or so it seems.

R.Ph. 380
08-26-2010, 08:53 PM
I have even less faith in governments than Thomas Jefferson did. But then I have never seen a constitution that was actually followed to the letter either in governments or in churches or organizations. Something about man himself--rules are for breaking--or so it seems.

AMEN!!!

Michael T
08-26-2010, 09:13 PM
Constitution worked good till W Wilson and FDR They started the attack on your rights FDR and his gang of Dems were the worst. Carter tried but fell short . Billy Boy really not in the game Then we got obama and his gang. and the wraps were removed and we see their real goals The destruction of the Free America we know and their total take over .
Many Dems see they were had and are jumping ship but they need to go down with the rest . Party loyalty at the expense of the people that elected them They should face same as the leaders They have no excuse .To vote against the people who in majority said no . Their is no excuse.
America needs to do away with the 2 party system. Notice how the R's are courting the teaparty
They wouldn't give time of day earlier in year. Now they see their in trouble. What they need to win is forming its own party . Their loosing votes and big bucks . That the part they don't like the money loss.

johnnya
08-26-2010, 09:57 PM
great to see "still believe in the bible"....its my foundation as well....i serve as an elder in a small PCA church in CO....also have hunted for a long time. Bersa UC9 is my first handgun, and I have nothing but good things to say. no issues at all, love it. and price can't beat. going to a 3 day handgun course end of Sept for skill improvement and CC license....I may offer to carry on Sundays for protection for the congregation, still wrestling with that idea, though, seems like a strange thing to do in church.....will have to pray about that for a while.....

R.Ph. 380
08-26-2010, 10:35 PM
great to see "still believe in the bible"....its my foundation as well....i serve as an elder in a small PCA church in CO....also have hunted for a long time. Bersa UC9 is my first handgun, and I have nothing but good things to say. no issues at all, love it. and price can't beat. going to a 3 day handgun course end of Sept for skill improvement and CC license....I may offer to carry on Sundays for protection for the congregation, still wrestling with that idea, though, seems like a strange thing to do in church.....will have to pray about that for a while.....

Perhaps, this blast from the past will help you in your prayers:

Just before 7 p.m. on Wednesday evening Larry Ashbrook walked into the Wedgwood Baptist Church in a middle-class neighborhood on the southwestern edge of Fort Worth, Texas and began shooting. He unloaded three magazines of bullets from a nine-millimeter semi-automatic handgun before turning the weapon on himself.
Three teenagers and three adults were killed at the church and a fourth teenager died later at the hospital. Seven others were being treated at area hospitals.

Full story here: http://www.wsws.org/articles/1999/sep1999/tex-s17.shtml

That's why I carry EVERYWHERE, even at church.

FakeBersaName
08-27-2010, 04:39 PM
Johnnya: I plan to get my concealed carry permit soon. The most dangerous places are those where no guns are allowed. You can see that is where all the mass-shootings are taking place--college campuses, churches, schools, etc.

If no one knows you are carrying--no one will be distracted or offended by it. If you ever have to draw it--everyone will be glad you did.

Rollin Thunder
08-28-2010, 08:05 AM

If no one knows you are carrying--no one will be distracted or offended by it. If you ever have to draw it--everyone will be glad you did.
How true!