PDA

View Full Version : Mossberg .410 Cruiser

OysterMan
04-12-2010, 11:18 AM
I don't own or know much about shotguns but I've been thinking about one for HD. Though I'm not particularly recoil-sensitive I do have an arthritic condition that's not conducive to any unnecessary bone-jarring activities, and if I were to buy a shotgun I'd certainly want some range time with it without dreading shooting it. This one is said to be "gentle on the user", and the price is seems right. Any thoughts?

http://www.gunreports.com/gow/special_purpose/Mossberg-410-Cruiser-50455-3-Pump-Shotgun_1965-1.html?ET=gunreports:e683:184104a:&st=email

bcrtops
04-12-2010, 12:21 PM
Not really a shotgunner, but will reply.

Cruiser style -- what's the point? Why not just a full stock -- easier to point a stick with a handle on it!
.410 in itself not very impressive in shotgun or handgun.
20ga. shotgun be better all around.
Why not just go with a lever action rifle in one of the pistol calibers -- light recoil, easy to point as well as aim -- durable & classic.
Just some thoughts.

Michael T
04-12-2010, 12:24 PM
Get a 20 gauge in semi auto the semi auto will absorb a lot of the recoil and better ammo selection.

410 with the oo load or slug . I had a 410 riot for a time for my girls.

Its `ok I used to shoot mine like a pistol their is no recoil But no bird shot

Lance39
04-12-2010, 12:33 PM
My son has a 12ga Cruiser and I fired it a couple of times. Recoil backward was not as much of a problem as was recoil upward. The gun flew out of my supporting hand both times.
Of course, a stronger grip would foil that but I'm a slow learner.

Pokeman
04-12-2010, 03:42 PM
I don't own or know much about shotguns but I've been thinking about one for HD. Though I'm not particularly recoil-sensitive I do have an arthritic condition that's not conducive to any unnecessary bone-jarring activities, and if I were to buy a shotgun I'd certainly want some range time with it without dreading shooting it. This one is said to be "gentle on the user", and the price is seems right. Any thoughts?

http://www.gunreports.com/gow/special_purpose/Mossberg-410-Cruiser-50455-3-Pump-Shotgun_1965-1.html?ET=gunreports:e683:184104a:&st=email

get it. they are intuitive to point and aim but you still need to aim. they make some mixed ball HD shot shells. like 2 big balls and 4 little ones. look into it. easy to handle around corners with just a pistol grip. I have the 12 ga and 20 gauge versions. 4.10 is light, but I am sure you know that. I can hit clay pigons pretty good with my 20ga from the hip, I got practice on bats.

gabriel76
04-12-2010, 10:31 PM
I have a 12-gauge Mosssberg and put a 6-position adjustable Blackhawk SecOps stock (with the patented Knoxx recoil reduction springs) on it last year. I was pleasantly surprised that the marketing claim they make of a 90% recoil reduction was pretty much true. I can shoot that gun all day now without injuring myself in the least.

Boneyard
04-13-2010, 12:32 PM
If I was thinking .410 I would look at the Taurus Judge. They can fire either 45 LC or .410. A female friend has one and said the recoil isn't that bad.