PDA

View Full Version : GALCO HOLSTER on SALE, eBay

ArtStream
08-09-2010, 02:58 PM
GALCO fletch RH holster on sale on eBAY $45.00.

http://cgi.ebay.com/GALCO-FLETCH-HOLSTER-BERSA-380-Thunder-/300454145932?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0

J_C
08-09-2010, 07:16 PM
Pretty good price on that holster if you want an OWB pancake with a thumb-snap retention strap. Condorsflight.com lists them at $70 new, which would be $63 with the 10% Bersachat member discount.

Bronson
08-10-2010, 01:08 AM
From the add:
THESE ARE THE ACTUAL PICTURES ON THE ITEM.

If you look at the picture it is most definitely NOT for a Bersa .380. Anybody interested in this would do well to contact the seller to double and triple check that he has a clue what he's selling.

Bronson

J_C
08-10-2010, 07:26 AM
I dunno, it looks like the Galco FL424 is a generic holster for a lot of similar sized guns. From the Condorsflight.com listing of the same model:

Galco FLETCH (Right Handed) Tan - (Bersa Thunder 380 **regular and Concealed Carry**, Thunder 380 DLX, Firestorm 22/32/380, Colt 3" 1911, Kimber 3" 1911, Para LDA 3", Para P10, Springfield 3" 1911)
[FL424 Tan Right]

That's a pretty wide variety of guns. It can't be a perfect fit for all of them, they're shaped differently. Maybe it's a Galco issue, not so much an issue with that seller.

mitchr
08-10-2010, 03:04 PM
Same way with the Cop 3-slot holster I got from them for my UC9. I don't know what other brands it'll handle, but it works very well for my U9, HC9, UC45 & Mini 40. With all of those, it passes the upside-down test. When fully seated, the trigger guard is real tight against the tension adjustment. The Mini 40 shows less holster wear on the slide because it doesn't have the rail & doesn't fit quite as tight in that area. My 1911s also fit it pretty well, but do not pass the upside-down test. But, being 71 years old, I ain't gonna be doin' no cartwheels!! :smile: The 1911s are snug enough that I can work in the yard with all the bending & twisting, while picking up tree litter, without a problem. I even did some work on my mower, getting down on my hands & knees & rolling around on the ground without a problem, except getting back up again! :redface: I saw one at an LGS the other day & it was tagged for a g***k! :puke: Got a good mind to throw it in a drawer & replace it with a UBG! :smile:

Bronson
08-10-2010, 04:54 PM
I am not a fan of one-size-fits-many holsters. I wouldn't carry magazines that were designed to fit another gun but also happened fit in my gun. So why would I do that with a holster?

Get dedicated gear that is purpose built for your specific gun. This is serious business and mismatched sloppy gear will get you nothing but dead.

Bronson

fan9mm
08-11-2010, 06:05 AM
I have that model of Galco Fl424, (use it for my Thunder380) when i bought it the package years ago said it would work for the Bersa Thunder 380. I use it about half the time - when I am going to be moving around a lot.
I have tired some of my other smaller autos in it and doesn't work.

Oaklands
08-12-2010, 12:21 PM
The one size fit all that I would recommend is the Galco 82 CarryLock. It is a very nice belt holster with a retention mechanism. It holds my UC9, 1911's (all lenghts) S&W 5906. It keeps the gun close to you as well. I also have another one that fits my Sig P229. I have never tried my BT 380 in either. Might have to try that tonight.

ArtStream
08-12-2010, 03:26 PM
From the add:

If you look at the picture it is most definitely NOT for a Bersa .380. Anybody interested in this would do well to contact the seller to double and triple check that he has a clue what he's selling.

Bronson

Hello Bronson,

It's nice to know there are folks watching out, but,
this holster was purchased for my Bersa 380 and is a perfect fit
thank you very much:smile:

Bronson
08-12-2010, 04:39 PM
Hello Bronson,

You are seriously telling me that you can't look at the profile of your gun laying on top of that holster and see that it was molded for a completely different gun?! Look at the differences in the trigger guard shape, the lack of a molded in take-down lever, the muzzle/dust cover shape... The freakin' ejection port doesn't even line up!

Just because your gun fits in the holster doesn't mean it's a "perfect fit." You, my friend, have been taken.

I have been holding off on selling my hand made holsters because I thought they weren't quite up to snuff for pro work, but if people are paying this little attention to detail I can back waaaaaay off on my quality standards and start knocking 'em out.

I stand by my previous statement: "Get dedicated gear that is purpose built for your specific gun."

Bronson

NCFlyfisher
08-12-2010, 04:51 PM
Though I do own a Galco (#CON296) for my 9 UC, 9 HC & 45 UC (yup, this one holster fits them all & tight) which I bought from Your Gun Parts.com, I rather have a UBG Holster.

From all the photos from members here who own one, I never seen a more "perfect" fit, form & look with this brand with the Bersa product line. And talk about the raves on being totally comfortable :D :thumbs up:

But each to his own...

ArtStream
08-14-2010, 02:54 AM
From the add:

Bronson

Bronson,

Best of luck on your future business endeavor my friend.

Based on your demeanor alone, I’m sure anyone reading this thread would agree you’ll just be a delight to deal with once you get your business up and running.

PS, I also stand by my previous statements:

The Galco FLETCH model FL424 is sold as fitting the Bersa 380.
I've shown, with photographs, that the Bersa 380 does indeed fit into the Galco FLETCH model FL424 holster.

Bronson
08-14-2010, 10:53 AM
I'm actually quite a peach :smile:

I'm still amazed that anyone could say that holster fits that gun....it does not. Yes, the gun fits in the holster but the holster is NOT fit TO the gun.

That's like saying my 9 year old nephew can wear my shoes because his foot will fit in them.

Bronson

Michael T
08-14-2010, 11:34 AM
Bronson you have a point. But so does he, it fits and he's happy . Their are people who will carry a $1000 pistol in a $5 nylon holster.:smile: Are they wrong ? I think so. Its their choice, not mine, or yours.
I stick my PPK/S in a UBG holster made for my Bersa . Is it a perfect fit no but works . Nate could make me one for my PPK/S but the one he made for Bersa works and I don't have room for any more holsters.

Start you holster company and I will sell you classified space :cool:. Nate has a Rolls Royce and 2 Porsche's now 30 room house and 200 illegals, cooking, cutting grass, and making holsters . JUST KIDDING HE STILL WORKING NORMAL JOB A.ND DRIVING OLD CAR. Wife has all the other :shocked::tongue:

Once more for those on slow side. I am kidding about Nate and wife They are hard workers and deserve what ever they have. Least their not in a hillbilly shack with a leaking roof like some people. :rolleyes:

PHMadness
08-14-2010, 12:23 PM
I'm kinda biased to Bronson's viewpoint. To each his own, but people that buy and use crappy ill fitting holsters deserve what they get.
I can't imagine going through life with "ok" being the standard. I tend to demand excellence. It seems to work well for me.

R.Ph. 380
08-15-2010, 12:26 AM
Hello Bronson,

I can see one glaring problem from here, the magazine release is not relieved and is fit way too tight. The magazine is going to prematurely eject(nope not what you're thinking) and you will have a brick to throw at the gentleman standing there with a SNS saying gim'me

Bill

PHMadness
08-15-2010, 12:37 AM
I carry mine in a grocery sack. Perfect fit.

Bronson
08-15-2010, 02:33 AM
I carry mine in a grocery sack. Perfect fit.

Ok, get out of my head. I was going to post a pic of my new "Universal Pistol Holster"...which is, of course, a paper sack :smile::tongue::D

Bronson

Bronson
08-15-2010, 02:53 AM
Bronson you have a point. But so does he, it fits and he's happy . Their are people who will carry a $1000 pistol in a $5 nylon holster.:smile: Are they wrong ? I think so. Its their choice, not mine, or yours.

That's true and I honestly hope it works out well for him.

It's just that I've noticed, on several gun boards, that many people don't seem to know what to look for when they are evaluating a holster. I had to be taught (thanks to all the folks on www.leatherworker.net (http://www.leatherworker.net)) what makes a good holster in regards to design and construction and if that knowledge isn't passed on then people will keep accepting sub-standard fit and quality. I've seen some of the most hacked together, awful holsters posted on the web (not on Bersa Chat) and people start lining up to buy them. If they were educated on what to look for then they may save themselves some $$ and hassle.

Here are just a few things that a holster customer should look for:

*stitching that closely follows the contour of the gun
*molding that is tight to the gun
*front sight channel
*the holster relieved at the trigger guard/grip junction to allow a full firing grip.
*not covering the magazine release (the Bersa .380 mag release location makes this impractical...the solution is to mold a relief around the mag release)
*belt slots that are properly sized
*smooth, even edges
*if there is a retention strap make sure there is something that covers the hardware so it doesn't scratch the gun. Also on a 1911 make sure the strap doesn't interfere with the safety in cocked & locked.

There are other things but many of them are aesthetic in nature and subject to the personal tastes of the customer or maker. Things like type of dye, oiled or not oiled, shiny or matte, etc.

There is nothing wrong with the construction or materials in the Galco holster in this post, Galco makes nice stuff. It just isn't the right holster for a Bersa .380, regardless of what it says on the package.

Bronson

mitchr
08-15-2010, 10:24 AM
Good info Bronson! My Galco is not tight enough on my 1911s to prevent the gun from falling when the holster is upside down. Is it necessary to be that tight? It is pretty snug. The belt slots are for 'up to 1-3/4 in.' & my belts are 1-1/2 in. wide. However, the regular 'holster belt' I have is thick enough (1/4") so that it is difficult to get it through the slots & does not allow the gun to shift around. Other double layered belts I wear do leave some 'slop' in the fit but still get little or no shifting of the firearm. It passes on all other points. It was actually ordered for my UC9 & passes on all points except the belt slots & since the UC9, UC45, HC9 & Mini 40 are pretty well identical in the area where they wedge against the tension adjustment, it seems to be an excellant fit for all of them. So, I guess all I need is to get Nate to make me one for my 1911s & I'll be set, you think?

douggreen
08-22-2010, 04:47 PM
Since opinions are like butts...everyone has one and everyones besides your own stinks. So why not add my own with no expectation that anyone else will appreciate it.

1.Galco holster not formed for your gun on EBAY.. $40. UBG $75. To me, its worth the extra $30 to me to get a perfect fit. Every time I go into my LGS and see non-custom leather on the shelf for the same price as UBG it reminds me of what a good deal they are. However, I understand that in this economy for many people every dollar counts.
2.If I have a holster not molded specifically for my gun, I would rather have one with as little molding as possible. The most extreme example would be something like a Bare Asset (I used one for a while). Why have parts sticking where they should not and risk mag release, snagging at inoportune times, rubbing the finish, etc.
3.What's all the discussion about whether or not to buy a custom holster for your gun. I have two from Nate or Tim for most of mine (IWB, OWB, pocket...). Heck, a couple of more holsters and I'm on the "help Nate retire early" plan. Why should you have peace in your house when I have to suffer so much grief from my wife about my holster collection? Everybody should have to suffer with me. Michael T... I can understand not being able to AFFORD more holsters, but not enough room? If you don't have room for more holsters..either get a bigger house or make room by getting rid of your leisure suit and platform shoe collection from the 70's. Where the heck are your priorities man?

PHMadness
08-22-2010, 06:20 PM
.......make room by getting rid of your leisure suit and platform shoe collection from the 70's. Where the heck are your priorities man?
What's he 'sposta wear to church and to the lounge to pick up wimmins?