PDA

View Full Version : Deerfield Illinois Bans "Assault Weapons" and High-Cap Mags

Vito Glisenti
04-03-2018, 04:21 PM
http://www.chicagotribune.com/suburbs/deerfield/news/ct-dfr-deerfield-assault-weapon-ban-tl-0412-story.html

https://www.theblaze.com/news/2018/04/03/illinois-city-bans-assault-weapons-imposes-fines-up-to-1000-per-day

sounds like everything but revolver pistols & single shots

Vito Glisenti
04-03-2018, 04:33 PM
Politifact article 2-27-18

After Parkland, can Illinois communities ban assault weapons?

http://www.politifact.com/illinois/statements/2018/feb/27/nancy-rotering/after-parkland-can-illinois-communities-ban-assaul/

ParaCav
04-03-2018, 08:28 PM
Will probably see more in the Chicago Metro area. In 2012 when ILL got the ccw, the Cities and towns had so many days to ban firearms, mag capacity, etc. After that they could not. Don't know if that has been axed, or the Courts are allowing such things as above, simply by refusing to hear them??? The Supreme Court has done it many times. If so, no law passed by the legislation is worth a rat's arse

Vito Glisenti
04-03-2018, 09:26 PM
the Politifact article i linked discusses the deadline to implement a ban

ParaCav
04-04-2018, 09:42 AM
People say that we in ILL are not doing anything about the FOID, which is not true. The FOID was a result of a anti-gun law in 1968 thanks to Clinton. The FOID was soon a law in IL. But the FOID has been challenged at least 3 or 4 times since. The first attempt was soon after it was made into law. The most recent, I think was 2012 when IL got the ccw. But one challenge was shot down by the IL State Supreme Court and dropped. One was denied but a Fed Appeals Court and dropped, and one was refused to be heard by a Fed appeals courts and dropped. Since then there have been no additional appeals as far as I know. The NRA has done nothing to help US.

Vito Glisenti
04-04-2018, 03:01 PM
i can't help but think the FOID works, and frankly i'm surprised there hasn't been a call for the implementation to go national

FWIW the FOID is superseded by the CCL if issued, and since we finally have 50 state CC (illinois was last?) perhaps a national Constitutional Concealed Carry Permit is where it'll end up? that would solve national reciprocity at the same time. under FOID in illannoy we undergo a background check 360 days a year, if used properly that provides for an early warning system for somebody going off the rails on a fast track for the headlines

then we could concentrate on criminal BG's

mitchr
04-04-2018, 03:58 PM
I don't want the feds mixing into Texas' carry laws. Next congress might be controlled by liberals.

Vito Glisenti
04-04-2018, 04:08 PM
that's kinda the point, better to get an established functional plan in place before :SHTF:like it is in Deerfield ill / Cook Co

hypothetical just came up, if a person that resides outside the 'curtain' gets called to do work in Deerfield, can they CC a hi-cap semi-auto or possess a trunk AR under FOID with legal capacity mags where they reside?

would or would not National Reciprocity negate local bans?

guns4me
04-04-2018, 05:30 PM
The current proposed National Reciprocity law still does nothing for those of us in "may issue/good cause" states.

mitchr
04-04-2018, 06:38 PM
The current proposed National Reciprocity law still does nothing for those of us in "may issue/good cause" states.

Another thing it will not do is protect a person from a vengeful state that resents being forced to honor a carry license from another state. I wouldn't trust them. They WILL find a way to make a person regret that they tested the new law.

ParaCav
04-05-2018, 10:04 AM
I don't think IL is vengeful of other ccw owners, it's simply that the libs who control IL want no guns in the State period. Except maybe shotguns, some of our "Leaders" like to Hunt.

R.Ph. 380
04-05-2018, 12:56 PM
i can't help but think the FOID works, and frankly i'm surprised there hasn't been a call for the implementation to go national

FWIW the FOID is superseded by the CCL if issued, and since we finally have 50 state CC (illinois was last?) perhaps a national Constitutional Concealed Carry Permit is where it'll end up? that would solve national reciprocity at the same time. under FOID in illannoy we undergo a background check 360 days a year, if used properly that provides for an early warning system for somebody going off the rails on a fast track for the headlines

then we could concentrate on criminal BG's

I absolutely will not allow a governmental entity to say whether or not I am allowed to purchase a handgun, rifle, or other weapon. First of all it is none of the government's business if I own or buy a weapon, Last of all, the 2nd amendment is my carry permit. It acknowledges the natural right I have to defend myself. It does NOT grant me that right. Remember, it's a RIGHT not a privilege to own and carry. If my local government were to pass such an ordinance, I would be in federal court the next day filing suit to halt implementation of and to enjoin the governmental entity from infringing on my Federal 2nd amendment rights. I then would start a recall petition on all the council members that voted in the affirmative. I would sue each one individually for infringement on my 1st, 2nd and 4th amendment rights. How can you inhabitants of the environs of Chicagnistan put up with these AH's???

Vito Glisenti
04-05-2018, 01:17 PM
i personally can't prove damages to bring a case as i don't reside within Cook Co ...

but what's even more ironic is the prevalent Jewish community in both Deerfield and Highland Park

they're either being ignored representation, outvoted, or they're voting for these board members & unconstitutional measures?

maybe they don't plan on abiding by any crap the Reichstag pushes through

John_R
04-05-2018, 01:32 PM
I'd hate to be the person who has to collect the fines.

Vito Glisenti
04-05-2018, 04:31 PM
NRA to support Guns Save Life in Illinois Lawsuit

https://www.nraila.org/articles/20180404/nra-to-support-guns-save-life-in-illinois-lawsuit

I'd hate to be the person who has to collect the fines.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqTnLKajsvw

ParaCav
04-06-2018, 09:59 AM
[QUOTE=Vito Glisenti;411833]NRA to support Guns Save Life in Illinois Lawsuit

https://www.nraila.org/articles/20180404/nra-to-support-guns-save-life-in-illinois-lawsuit

Great News. The first I have heard of it. If the NRA actually does something and gets this local law cabashed I will rejoin the NRA. I wonder if this will put a temp hold on the law. Can't remember if there was a definite time set for the law to become in effect?

Vito Glisenti
06-05-2018, 01:40 PM
ISRA Richard Pearson did an appearance on Fox & Friends

http://video.foxnews.com/v/5793698043001/?playlist_id=930909787001#sp=show-clips

mitchr
06-05-2018, 03:21 PM
I suppose the city has a list of owners so they know who to fine? I suppose their jurisdiction doesn't go past the city limits, so folks that have friends/relatives outside the city could just store them there until it's settled in the courts? You can bet your last dollar that when the court says you can't do that, weapons that have already been confiscated will not be returned, or will not be in condition to fire, if they are returned.

Vito Glisenti
06-05-2018, 04:43 PM
list of owners i kinda doubt, except for any defacto registration local LE has gathered illegally during the course of daily operations ... or possibly an illegally created database derived from NICS as they go though Illinois State Police, but i've been reassured many times that it's not even possible to identify the proposed transfer item from the information forwarded to the ISP. see Background Check here https://www.gatguns.com/information/illinois-gun-buyer-faq

but it would have what some call meta-data, name, address, date, approved or declined

now all that's needed is a reason to inquire on the transferred item, maybe a concerned neighbor saw what appeared to be a possible weapon (wink wink) and that'll require an explanation. or social media 'evidence'. maybe an unconstitutional search of financial records of residents, i think i've read that Sometown USA has already done just that looking for a suspect

produce the item before a deadline &/or comply to a voluntary search or SWAT'll be here in a few with a warrant and legal authority to pull the drywall down. open the safe or they'll torch it. they'll probably knock while you're at work, and detain you there for good measure pursuant to arrest for resisting or failure to comply. that'll look good on your next review

w/o transfer docs it's still owned (possessed) by a resident within the jurisdiction, could AlphaBeT-FE confiscate the item from where it's being stored?

and yeah it took a darn long time & legal action to get weapons illegally seized from Katrina in 8-2005 weren't returned until 2008 or later if at all after having been 'stored' in shipping a container IIRC

never happen here, right?

mitchr
06-05-2018, 05:17 PM
The FOID card you folks must get doesn't have firearm info? Maybe info on ammo calber?

Vito Glisenti
06-05-2018, 05:32 PM
no specific firearm info connected to FOID,

FOID card holders get background checked literally every day of the year except less than a handful of holidays.

card required to buy ammo cash & carry or by mail, and firearms with an additional NICS check to verify the card has not been revoked,

currently 72 hr wait for handguns stripped AR lowers and 'pistol' shotguns, 24 hr wait for long guns

pending legislation to make everything 72 hrs if passed

FOID also required for most airguns worth buying

CCL supercedes FOID but both are issued for now

Vito Glisenti
06-14-2018, 01:32 PM
a Temporary Restraining Order / Injunction has been granted

and the Gun Dealer Licensing bill is back again in the form of SB337, but this bill carries a Motion To Reconsider which must be withdrawn or voted on before it can be signed

i hope the ISRA & NRA are ready for the schitt storm that JB Pritzker will bring on if he wins the illannoy presidency (currently usurped by dear leader mike madigan)