PDA

View Full Version : Bersa 383da - weird magazine issue

gonegun
11-27-2017, 06:57 AM
I picked up a 383DA and 2 mags from Triple-K. I'm experiencing a strange issue: if I insert an empty mag, and press the magazine release with the slide locked back, the magazine ejects positively. However, if the slide is forward and I press the magazine release, the mag is stuck and not removable.

When it gets stuck and I retract the slide, I can see that the internal part of the slide catch is getting stuck under the follower.

If the slide is locked back, the slide catch is in a higher position, relative to the top of the gun, so it is not getting caught by the follower.

I hope the explanation makes sense, but if not let me know and I'll post a picture.

pollyb
11-27-2017, 07:30 AM
It sounds to me that the internal part of the slide catch may be worn/broken allowing it to slip below the follower.

OR, the follower on the magazine doesn't reach far enough to lift the slide catch. (possibly because of the aftermarket magazine). I've experienced Triple K mags for the 383DA that would not lock back after last round.

One possible solution may be to replace the slide catch.

OR bend the ledge on the follower to engage the slide catch more positively (this depends on the design of the follower.)

OR remove part of the follower so it clears the internal part of the slide catch which will prevent last round lock back.

Hope this is helpful. :smile: regards jab