PDA

View Full Version : SC refuses to hear New York and Connecticut bans onmilitary-style assault weapons

ParaCav
06-20-2016, 01:31 PM
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The U.S. Supreme Court on Monday left in place gun control laws in New York and Connecticut that ban military-style assault weapons like the one used in last week's massacre at an Orlando nightclub, rejecting a legal challenge by gun rights advocates.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/u-supreme-court-rejects-challenge-state-assault-weapon-134132044.html

This is why the ISRA or NRA won't take the FOID to the SC. ILL does not have a chance in Hell of getting the FOID defeated.

mitchr
06-20-2016, 02:20 PM
Right now, it wouldn't do any good for them to hear it. The vote would be 4/4 & that would mean it would revert back to last court decision. Best to wait on any appeals, if time limit permits, until we can get a conservative judge appointed. 'Course, if the GOP committee screws Trump out of the nomination & gets one of their rinos on the ballet, kiss that possibility goodbye.

Gottmituns
06-20-2016, 02:31 PM
Right now, it wouldn't do any good for them to hear it. The vote would be 4/4 & that would mean it would revert back to last court decision. Best to wait on any appeals, if time limit permits, until we can get a conservative judge appointed. 'Course, if the GOP committee screws Trump out of the nomination & gets one of their rinos on the ballet, kiss that possibility goodbye.

I can hear Obummer now "See? I told you GOP to confirm my conservative picks for the Scotus. Now you'll pay"

Dark times will befall us.

mitchr
06-20-2016, 08:45 PM
Prez :puke: wouldn't know a conservative judge if he was to trip over him.

Ghost1958
06-24-2016, 11:30 AM
I dont trust Trump. But as long as we can keep a pro gun pro constitution senate and house SCOTUS nor Pres can do much damage.
SCOTUS cant make law and can only rule on laws congress passes.
And congress can repeal any law it wishes too.
Nor would congress have to replace Scalia if it doesnt they dont want too.

Pond Scum
06-24-2016, 11:37 AM
I dont trust Trump. But as long as we can keep a pro gun pro constitution senate and house SCOTUS nor Pres can do much damage.
SCOTUS cant make law and can only rule on laws congress passes.
And congress can repeal any law it wishes too.
Nor would congress have to replace Scalia if it doesnt they dont want too.

True, but don't ignore the threat from the states. We have many liberal state legislatures. Just look at Hawaii passing the gun registration law and sharing the info with the Feds. :crying:

OysterMan
06-24-2016, 12:03 PM
True, but don't ignore the threat from the states. We have many liberal state legislatures. Just look at Hawaii passing the gun registration law and sharing the info with the Feds. :crying:
Yep. And Kalifornia voters will be voting this November whether to do the same thing, along with requiring background checks for ammunition sales and some other gun-control measures. :rolleyes:

Ghost1958
06-24-2016, 05:01 PM
While i wish there werent communistc states in the U.S. I dont consider a state a threat.
Voters can oust the scum that are taking their rights or failing that vote with their feet and move to freedom.

My state is among the top 4 or 5 gun friendly states in the nation.
An anti gun vote here gets a fast exit from office for the most part and always has.

However let even FOL be applied to no gun signs for two election cycles and I will pack up sell out and move where there is no FOL .
Cant leave the entire country as easily.

OysterMan
06-24-2016, 06:45 PM
While i wish there werent communistc states in the U.S. I dont consider a state a threat..
Problem is once they've commified their home state they metastasized to other states, bringing their 'Causes' with them. They need to be Nipped in the Bud, as Barney would say, before there's enough of them in their new state to do permanent damage to it. Sadly Kalifornia is already a lost cause.