PDA

View Full Version : No right to concealed carry

groberts
06-10-2016, 09:16 AM
The full Ninth Circuit reversed it's own 3 judge panel and now says Concealed Carry is not a right, it's a privilege that some jackwad Sheriff can grant at his own whim.:mad:

JONESN
06-10-2016, 09:31 AM
Ill conceal mine until the Sheriff pulls me over

ParaCav
06-10-2016, 10:53 AM
It only applies to CA but a very dangerous idea for other not so gun friendly States like IL. Good news *** bad news. A lot of people leaving the Chicago area *** Most are Conservatives

cluznar
06-10-2016, 11:32 AM
Why does the Government keep looking for ways to punish CCW people? If you took away everyones right to CCW it would not stop crime. Crime might actually go up because criminals would not have to worry about people with guns bothering them. This is so silly. What does it take for the Government to understand that criminals do not obey rules or laws, criminals have guns for the purpose of crime. Stop trying to punish honest people and go after criminals.

:usa2:

JONESN
06-10-2016, 11:53 AM
Thats only illegal in Comiefornia..................imagine that!

mitchr
06-10-2016, 02:27 PM
Why does the Government keep looking for ways to punish CCW people? If you took away everyones right to CCW it would not stop crime. Crime might actually go up because criminals would not have to worry about people with guns bothering them. This is so silly. What does it take for the Government to understand that criminals do not obey rules or laws, criminals have guns for the purpose of crime. Stop trying to punish honest people and go after criminals.

:usa2:

Because their real reason isn't to stop crime, it is the driving need of liberals to control every facit of our lives.

groberts
06-10-2016, 03:23 PM
Thats only illegal in Comiefornia..................imagine that!

See what ParaCav said. This was the Federal Circuit Court of Appeals so it sets a precedent over the entire United States. Right now there is no way the Supreme Court can overturn this. And unless Trump is elected and gets to appoint a new Justice it could easily be approved by the next Supreme Court.

cluznar
06-11-2016, 05:32 AM
To take away CCW from the people is like taking away guns from the settlers while the Indians have guns. The Gov't needs to concentrate on criminals, not law abiding CCW people. :poke:

JONESN
06-11-2016, 07:59 AM
To take away CCW from the people is like taking away guns from the settlers while the Indians have guns. The Gov't needs to concentrate on criminals, not law abiding CCW people. :poke:

Lets not shine a bad light on the Indians now........They are the original natives you know

ParaCav
06-11-2016, 09:12 AM
United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit (in case citations, 9th Cir.) is a U.S. Federal court with appellate jurisdiction over the district courts in the following districts:
District of Alaska
District of Arizona
Central District of California
Eastern District of California
Northern District of California
Southern District of California
District of Hawaii
District of Idaho
District of Montana
District of Nevada
District of Oregon
Eastern District of Washington
Western District of Washington
District of Guam
District of the Northern Mariana Islands

cluznar
06-12-2016, 01:12 PM
If about 20 people inside the Orlando night club would have had CCW that shooter may have died before he killed so many. Although myself, I do not go in night clubs, bars, taverns, etc. while I carry and I always carry. :cool:

boomerguy
06-15-2016, 01:25 PM
Lets not shine a bad light on the Indians now........They are the original natives you know

I agree. Let's change that to, "...like taking away guns from the legal citizens while the bad guys (illegal aliens, radicals, urban punks, drug dealers, etc.) have guns. There is a billboard near my house which is sponsored by a local gun club and has been here for over 40 years that says (you guessed it), "When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns." It is only a matter of time before we become the outlaws.

Wingnut08
06-15-2016, 04:29 PM
Because their real reason isn't to stop crime, it is the driving need of liberals to control every facit of our lives.

...and by removing our ability to protect ourselves, we then become dependent upon others to protect us.

If you think about it, letting a bunch of terrorists into the country to cause havoc will cause 'sheep citizens' to demand the Gov protect us -even at the expense of our own liberty. Those inside the 'ruling class' don't need to be concerned because they have a bubble of armed protection all around them. The more attacks that occur, the more the citizens will DEMAND that they remove our rights in order to protect us. A scared citizenry is easy to manipulate so safety is the last thing they want. It's a sad slippery slope they have us on.

“Those who surrender freedom for security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one.”

― Benjamin Franklin (http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/289513.Benjamin_Franklin)

guns4me
06-19-2016, 05:55 PM
Basically they said (Jun 9th 2016) that the states can deny CC because it is not a constitutional right to conceal carry or even open carry "outside the home" - MORONS.

http://cdn.ca9.uscourts.gov/datastore/general/2016/06/09/10-56971%206-9%20EB%20opinion%20plus%20webcites.pdf

Merged with existing thread in 'Non Bersa Chat' forum & moved here.

brojohn
06-19-2016, 06:05 PM
Morons is right......