View Full Version : Heavy Heart remembering Beau

05-24-2016, 08:21 PM
I just received a call from Beau's life partner letting me know that Beau has passed on and went to that great shooting ranch in the sky.

For those of you that don't know him he was a very good man that I am thankful to BC for it is the place we first met. We became good friends and spent many good times together shooting matches, shooting and just hanging out. Those times will be sorely missed but will treasure the times we had together.

Beau was 75 years young and was on a donor kidney which kept him alive until heart problems showed him a heart attack a couple months ago and never recovered fully from it. I will post some of the great things he was and has done for others after time heals the loss for myself and family.

06-05-2016, 09:34 PM
Update 05 June 2016 provided by gtgeorge.

Beau Langer - RIP My Friend

Beau was born 03/16/1941 as George Beauford Langer but went by Beau to family and friends as well as his forum username here on Bersa Chat. He spent much of his life in Georgia, Florida and his final home South Carolina aside from the time he spent in the Air Force.

Beau had a hereditary kidney disease "polycystic kidney disease" and lived with all of his life which led to Dialysis and finally a kidney transplant in 2005. The donor was a fallen SC police officer that Beau spent time honoring and thanking his family.

Beau was an avid swimmer, shooter/gun enthusiast, artist, musician and friend. He swam a mile almost daily at the YMCA and took his dog Katie to help as a therapy dog to local hospitals. He always cared more about others than himself and always tried to help anyone in need. He was active in the organ donation programs. He also spent quite a bit of time at the range and also began shooting IDPA matches a couple years or so back and we shot 2 matches a month together since.

His partner/companion of 36 years is Catherine who also is a shining light. I ask for thoughts and prayers to go out for her in her time of need as she copes with her loss.

Anyhow I am thankful to have him consider me his good friend and will always remember him as such. Good friends come seldom in most of our lives but are a treasure to always be thankful for. Goodbye my friend.

Condolenses found here (http://www.bersachat.com/forums/showthread.php?33067-Heavy-Heart-remembering-Beau&highlight=Heavy+Heart+remembering+Beau)