View Full Version : Another from Tennessee

02-26-2016, 01:33 PM
Hey,I'm Lha from outside of Jackson,Tn,and came here because I have a Western Auto Revelation model 100a 22 rifle,which has worked since I bought it 20+ years ago. It's single shot,but fun and[at 50 cents a box] was cheap entertainment for my kids,who grew up shooting it from the age of about 4 years. I finally had to take it apart,as it would not fire. I was trying to age the rifle,but I can't find a serial number on it. I understand it's a Mossburg 321,but that's all I know. I will file a minute amount from the firing pin to make it hit the rim of the cartridge better. It does have ridges built up on some surfaces that might impair movement. Failing that,I'll buy a firing pin, I'm cheap and resist paying shipping at all turns.

02-26-2016, 05:24 PM
Welcome to the madhouse lha. Keep an eye out for a big tall guy that shares the state with you & pretends to be a moderator on here. :tongue:

Michael T
02-26-2016, 06:00 PM
One was fairly good looking and over night just got plain ugly . I always thought that was just a girl thing . Go to sleep with Miss America and wake up with the wicked witch of the north. I know mason has spoken of the same problem. Really bad if wake up and find their for sure a FXW.

gun sane
02-26-2016, 08:38 PM
Howdy, lha! Pay no attention to mitchr and Michael T....they don't understand how Tennesseans with an old American made single-shot .22 can be drawn to a board featuring modern Argentinian pistols. We're just happy to be that way. Your Revelation 100A could have been made by Savage, Marlin or Mossberg among others. The reason why there's no serial number is because they weren't required prior to 1968. If you're looking for parts, the best bet is probably Numrich Gun Parts at https://www.gunpartscorp.com/.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Y9QDWLN-YI to see the rifle in action.

02-27-2016, 03:13 PM
Hey! It is a Mossburg 321 that i bought about 20 years ago to plink in the back yard with my kids. I got it out a week or so ago to shoot a possum that was bothering my chickens. It wouldn't fire,so I figured it was the ammo,but it's not. Upon breaking it down,I found the firing pin seemed worn. It could be a 1934 model or as new as 1960s. I'll just get a firing pin and see if that's the problem. I thought about barbecuing the possum,but I remembered that I have some ribs.

gun sane
02-27-2016, 07:13 PM
Those early models didn't take too well to dryfiring, which peened the firing pin hard against the steel breechface and resulted in a lot of misfires. It's probably easier finding a new pin since you know Mossberg is the manufacturer. I've never tried BBQ'd possum....how is it Jackson style?