PDA

View Full Version : Two Pro Gun Bills Signed

mitchr
06-24-2015, 03:06 PM
Gov. Scott Walker take one more small step toward honoring the U.S. Constitution & the 2nd Amendment. Repeals wait time for purchasing firearms & okays some gun carry on school campus.

http://home.suddenlink.net/news/read/category/Politics/article/the_associated_press-gov_walker_to_end_decadesold_waiting_period_for_ha-ap

BennieH
06-24-2015, 06:14 PM
I think I'll celebrate by visiting some dealers and???

Pond Scum
06-26-2015, 04:31 AM
I think I'll celebrate by visiting some dealers and???

Let us know what you buy bennie! And be sure to include pictures! :smile:

BennieH
06-26-2015, 06:29 AM
The waiting period was a joke. You had to wait 48 hours for a handgun, but could buy a long gun and leave with it. Was supposed to be a cooling off period. One of those feel good laws.

JONESN
06-28-2015, 07:30 AM
The waiting period was a joke. You had to wait 48 hours for a handgun, but could buy a long gun and leave with it. Was supposed to be a cooling off period. One of those feel good laws.

Almost the same in NC. You can walk with an AR but have to have a "Permit to Buy and Handgun"to get a pistol. Which takes a week or so to get from the Sheriffs Office unless you are a CCL holder. If you have a CCL there is no wait because you already went thru all background crap. Kinda screwie I think

mitchr
06-28-2015, 12:34 PM
I find it hard to wait the 3 days, or so, for a pistol to get here from Davidson's & hard to imagine going into a store, handling one & deciding you want it, then have to leave without it. Seems I heard some states make you wait as much as 10 days. As already said, "feel good legislation". If I ever get angry enough to kill someone, having to wait that long to do it is just gonna make me angrier.

guns4me
06-28-2015, 08:29 PM
When I bought my Bersa, in MD we had to go through the bkgrd check - it took 5 weeks after putting the money on the counter.

mitchr
06-28-2015, 10:13 PM
When I bought my Bersa, in MD we had to go through the bkgrd check - it took 5 weeks after putting the money on the counter.

Musta used pony express. A back ground check is instantaneous over the phone. Before we got our CHL, they'd call in & get it done in about the same amount of time it took for us to fill out the 4473.

Marty8613
06-28-2015, 10:13 PM
I bought a gun on a whim yesterday. Love Texas. Took 5 minutes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk