PDA

View Full Version : The spot??

Grayman
03-17-2015, 05:31 PM
Anyone know what caused this? I bought It this way new 25 yrs ago.
I've only put 75 rnds through her and that was last Summer...yeah It's been sitting In a box for awhile.6632

Michael T
03-17-2015, 05:34 PM
A pistol hickey maybe . Why in world did you even buy a gun If not going to at least shoot in once a year.

pollyb
03-17-2015, 06:45 PM
I've seen that hickey on just about every nickel slide on 383 models....I suspect the nickel plating is effected by the slide latch impacting against the slot at that point.

JMHO :rolleyes:

mitchr
03-17-2015, 07:24 PM
Welcome Grayman. Pollyb's guess is probably as good as anything. Another guess would be maybe using a cleaner with amonnia in it? Is it just a stain, or is it the beginning of a bubble ready to flake?

brojohn
03-17-2015, 07:41 PM
Welcome Grayman.........

Probably a defective gun......better get you a new one...... and send that old clunker to me.

Grayman
03-17-2015, 10:21 PM
I use to shoot pistols like crazy had about 5 handguns and then......lost my local shooting spot the county decided we needed a bypass that went right through the middle of It the next closest was 70mi away then I got married and proceeded to start working 3rd shift for the next 20yrs...did I mention I got married, It's tough when life get's In the way of a mans need to shoot stuff and things.
Now I have a lot of free time and a shooting range only 20 minutes away and I'm picking up 500rnds of 380 for this summer.

Grayman
03-17-2015, 10:36 PM
[QUOTE=mitchr;340362]Welcome Grayman. Pollyb's guess is probably as good as anything. Another guess would be maybe using a cleaner with amonnia in it? Is it just a stain, or is it the beginning of a bubble ready to flake?[/QUOTE

It's was on the gun when I bought It.
It actually looks more like a missed spot when they did the satin finish, I've noticed It on a number of older nickel 383a's
but not the blued ones.

Michael T
03-18-2015, 12:47 AM
I got married and proceeded to start working 3rd shift for the next 20yrs. I did that and got unmarried a few times. For some silly reason wanted me home at night.

Pond Scum
03-18-2015, 08:00 AM
........ then I got married and proceeded to start working 3rd shift for the next 20yrs...did I mention I got married ..........

Lol! My Dad rode horses a lot when he was young and single..... then he got married. When mom died after 53 years of marriage he took up riding again in his 90's and rode for several more years. He was quite an example for all the younger students! :smile:

I used to ride motorcycles before I got married ..... then after 18 years my wife talked me into getting another motorcycle! She doubled my life insurance at about the same time and bought a Bersa BT380. She mostly practices head shots at the range. Should I be worried?? :confused:

gun sane
03-18-2015, 08:36 AM
I used to ride motorcycles before I got married ..... then after 18 years my wife talked me into getting another motorcycle! She doubled my life insurance at about the same time and bought a Bersa BT380. She mostly practices head shots at the range. Should I be worried?? :confused:

Well, there are slower ways to die. :poke:

clag39
03-18-2015, 08:58 AM
Well, there are slower ways to die. :poke:marriage for one.......

Gyrkin
03-18-2015, 11:14 AM
She mostly practices head shots at the range. Should I be worried?? :confused:
My wife tends to shoot low, frequently hitting in the groin area.:bigeyes: Luckily it's only ever been paper targets, but I don't recommend getting on her bad side.

Pond Scum
03-18-2015, 11:17 AM
Well, there are slower ways to die. :poke:

marriage for one.......

My wife tends to shoot low, frequently hitting in the groin area.:bigeyes: Luckily it's only ever been paper targets, but I don't recommend getting on her bad side.

There is a lot of wisdom and experience on this forum! :smile: