PDA

View Full Version : Gun Ownership Declining

OysterMan
03-09-2015, 10:40 PM
I don't know, but something just seems a little "off" about their results. Perhaps many participants were less than truthful?

The number of Americans who live in a household with at least one gun is lower than it's ever been, according to a major American trend survey...

The 2014 poll finds that 22 percent of Americans own a firearm, down from a high of 31 percent who said so in 1985.
Major Survey Shows Gun Ownership Declining (http://www.wsbradio.com/ap/ap/top-news/major-survey-shows-gun-ownership-declining/nkRmt/?ecmp=wsbam_social_twitter_sfp)

clag39
03-09-2015, 11:10 PM
The people polled may not want anyone to know they own firearms.. The less the government knows, the less of a chance of confiscation....

Rainman
03-09-2015, 11:19 PM
"As for me and my house"................... no one will ever know if we have guns or how many. It's none of their business.

clag39
03-09-2015, 11:27 PM
"As for me and my house"................... no one will ever know if we have guns or how many. It's none of their business.:thumbs up: :thumbs up:

jrtraderny
03-10-2015, 06:16 PM
And they really think a smart gun owner is going to answer their stupid poll, and I have a bridge to sell too.

JONESN
03-10-2015, 08:34 PM
Very true! I lost all mine in that near fatal boating indecent.............

TuxAir
03-10-2015, 09:28 PM
I had guns. Now they are all ghosts.

John_R
03-11-2015, 07:02 AM
We're also supposed to believe that inflation is low, employment is high, everyone can afford health care, and the biggest threat to the world is hot weather.

None of it passes the smell test.

gun sane
03-11-2015, 07:18 AM
We're also supposed to believe that inflation is low, employment is high, everyone can afford health care, and the biggest threat to the world is hot weather.

And Hillary turned over all of the government's emails.

brojohn
03-11-2015, 07:27 AM
The problem with this article is -the source. (ed. like almost always)

"The General Social Survey is administered by NORC at the University of Chicago, primarily using in-person interviewing."

ParaCav
03-11-2015, 09:55 AM
The General Social Survey is conducted by NORC, an independent research organization based at the University of Chicago
That should explain some of it. Secondly the sample size was 2000 people. Anyone who knows anything about quantitative analysis knows it takes at least 10,000 examples to be considered minimally accurate. I hope the liberal anti-gun crowd believes the poll.

mitchr
03-11-2015, 01:02 PM
Wonder how many of the 2000 lived in chicago where owning guns is frowned on.

John_R
03-11-2015, 02:12 PM
Wonder how many of the 2000 lived in chicago where owning guns is frowned on.
And how many Chicago gun owners are not legally allowed to own them, therefore said no.

gtgeorge
03-11-2015, 02:50 PM
Yep I am buying it.....a bunch of firearm owners have decided to get rid of all of them. And gun sales have been at record highs while folks are getting rid of what they own. I bet gun safe sales are also at a record high.

TGeneC
03-11-2015, 03:16 PM
Yeah. Right. Gun sales records being smashed in the past several years with many of them "first time buyers." Of course gun ownership is declining.

“Doublethink means the power of holding two contradictory beliefs in one's mind simultaneously, and accepting both of them.”
― George Orwell (http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/3706.George_Orwell), 1984 (http://www.goodreads.com/work/quotes/153313)

FeloAmerikanski
03-25-2015, 05:45 PM
I think perhaps the powers that be are trying to cover the fact that their anti-constitutional posture has actually causes gun ownership to go up considerably. They are probably trying to mask this fact from the liberal anti-gun voter who is counting on them to eliminate guns. Since most liberals are prone to drinking the Kool Aid, it shouldn't be hard to convince them. Meanwhile they've scored millions in taxes, fees and corporate alliances with firearms manufacturers and gun buyers. It's a vicious circle, and I believe that it's not so much that they want to eliminate guns as make them a rich people's commodity. It's more about $ than really about control.

Eliminator
03-26-2015, 12:35 PM
I'm doing my best to make up for the short fall. You guys need to buy more guns also.

Marty8613
03-26-2015, 12:47 PM
I'm going to the gun show at Texas Motor Speedway this weekend to do my part. I'm really only needing another mag for my CZ though. If the refund comes through before then though.......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk