PDA

View Full Version : Bersa 383da magazines

Handyman
02-08-2015, 03:03 PM
Hi all, excited to be part of the chat group.
hate to start out with a request, but can't shoot my new gun with a clip!

i just aquired a 383da model .380... But without a clip. Tried to find one, but it has turned into a hard task. I'm one countless waiting lists and have contacted a hand full of "Bersa gunsmiths" but no one has knowledge of one or are willing to sell me one of there spares.
can anyone knowledgable in locating one or in a alternative clip info that will fit ?

pollyb
02-08-2015, 06:37 PM
Welcome Handyman,

383DA magazines are very difficult to find (as you have found out). Expect to pay $50.00 and up when you find one.

Watch Gunbroker.com and E-bay (search Bersa Gun parts) for occasional listings.

Look here for an aftermarket offering http://www.triplek.com/Products/id/38/grp/412/prd/506/ (I have no experience with this company)

Good luck!
regards jab

Handyman
02-08-2015, 07:30 PM
Hi and thank you for the info.

I went to triplek, thought I was getting lucky... Filled everything out, put in cc # the whole works...thank you for your order...only to get a email 2 days later stating...it will 90 to 120 days to fill my order. Bummer... May have to wait 3 months to shot it. Don't mind paying the $$ for a couple if they were to surface!

grworrall
02-09-2015, 01:09 AM
Look here for an aftermarket offering http://www.triplek.com/Products/id/38/grp/412/prd/506/ (I have no experience with this company)

I have purchased at least four 383DA magazines from Triplek and they all work just fine. :thumbs up:

Tmatahead
02-13-2015, 03:07 PM
Hello Folks,
I'm a newbie here also. Thanks for the ad.
I also have a 383DA, and have found numerous other magazines for 383A or 380 Thunder. I was hoping someone could tell me what the differences are? I called Eagle Imports, their answer was "They are different, they won't work." I did see a string where someone said they fit, but don't work well. I'd like to know, what the differences are, and could I retro-fit a 383A mag to work? I have found that have a Pro-Mag aftermarket mag, not OEM. If the issue is the 383 mag won't catch the slide when empty, I can live with that. If it's that the follower is different, maybe I could modify it? Looking at 383A mags the safety bump, and catch seem to be in the right places. Am I missing something? I'm not real familiar with these. Thanks in advance,

mitchr
02-13-2015, 03:18 PM
Welcome to Bersa Chat Tmatahead. I can't help you, but someone should be along that knows.

pollyb
02-13-2015, 06:36 PM
Welcome Tmatahead.
look here (http://www.bersachat.com/forums/showthread.php?1379-7-round-380-magazines-and-others)

Handyman
02-14-2015, 08:14 AM
Who knew it would be this hard to track down a 383 DA mag...
im sure there out there somewhere...please if you know of anyone will to part with one, I'm willing to pay top dollar, I'll kiss a pig and even send flowers to your mother-in-law... Anything is better then having a new gun and not being able to shot her.

thanks in advance, handyman