PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Bersa 97 magazines

Drax
01-18-2015, 04:43 PM
Stop laffin! :laughing:

I had only one mag for my Bersa 97, and it cracked along the weld. I like this little gun and would hate to have to give it up, but if I can't find a mag or two at a fairly reasonable price, it will be nothing more than a paperweight. :crying:

Does anyone have a magazine they could part with?

Thanks
Drax

brojohn
01-18-2015, 05:17 PM
Welcome Drax.....I don't have one....but someone will come along that will know where to get one.
Just hang on.....this is a slow day.

Edit: I saw this post on armslist. Its nearly 7 months old.....but may be worth checking out-

http://www.armslist.com/posts/2930473/knoxville-tennessee-magazines-for-sale--rare-bersa-model-97--383--mags-for--380--fits-only-mod--97-

mitchr
01-18-2015, 05:39 PM
Welcome to Bersa Chat Drax. Ebay & Gun Broker are a couple of sites some folks use for out of production Bersa parts. Check some of the threads here & you may find info about a different model mag that be made to work.

pollyb
01-18-2015, 07:00 PM
Welcome Drax,

Try here http://www.triplek.com/Products/id/38/grp/412/prd/504/

It says
Magazine release is located on the lower grip frame.
only two models 97 & 383(no initials) have the mag release on the grip and their mags are interchangeable. This will probably be an aftermarket mag.

Otherwise, watch ebay (search Bersa gun parts) and Gunbroker (search Bersa).

Good Luck :rolleyes:

Drax
01-21-2015, 06:20 PM
Thank you all so much for your help!

I will check out your recommendations and see what I can find. I had NO IDEA that the 97 mag was interchangeable with ANYTHING!!

I am now armed with hope, and will be very happy if I do not have to give up my little 97. :D

mitchr
01-21-2015, 08:35 PM
Wish you luck, but ya need a new one anyway, don't you? :tongue:

57offsuit
02-15-2015, 01:55 AM
I actually have one that I bought off Ebay because it looked like it had the rounded front (which it does) but what I did not notice till it arrived was that it did not have the bottom safety bump and the mag catch slot was at the bottem. its factory blue I can send you a pic if you want. Thanks to pollyb description thread I now am much wiser on the mag situation, but sadly still looking for a mag for my 383DA

You would have though that by now someone would have figured out how to modifiy our 383 so they can use the new thunder mags.