PDA

View Full Version : 9 weeks till OPEN SEASON

bgc
06-30-2010, 09:48 AM
Dove, Squirrel, and Geese oh my....
Went over the shotguns, checking springs, firing pins, and actions. Removed the excessive oil and grease from spring storage. Bought some shells (She says “An excessive amount”, what does she know about excessive! A closet full of shoes when she only has 2 feet!). I am chomp- in at the bit to get out there.

stidgun
06-30-2010, 10:23 AM
To be so enthused. ahhh!
My bow, turkey shotgun, bird shotgun, muzzleloader ect.. have collected dust for about 5 years now. Not as mad at them as I once was I guess?
I still do the deer hunts, now trying with a revolver and just iron sights. Even that I think is a social trip to B.B.Q, drink, and B.S with the guys. I no longer pull a trigger unless its worth a brag.
Think I need a bear, or cougar, or even a Africa hunt.. but then theres the money issue, ug. Oh well..go get em bgc!!!!!
(besides Ill let you eat the goose, almost as nasty as a duck):yuck::p

Liveneasy
06-30-2010, 10:32 AM
And.... only 18 weeks till open season on Democrats and encombants!

Sorry.... couldn't resist.

clag39
06-30-2010, 10:33 AM
i miss the small game season hunting i used to do ....:crying::crying: good hunting to you BGC

clag39
06-30-2010, 10:33 AM

now there is a season i can still do !!!!

jrtraderny
06-30-2010, 11:41 AM

That's the one I'm waiting for. Big game . :)
jr

mitchr
06-30-2010, 12:09 PM
Dove, Squirrel, and Geese oh my....
Went over the shotguns, checking springs, firing pins, and actions. Removed the excessive oil and grease from spring storage. Bought some shells (She says “An excessive amount”, what does she know about excessive! A closet full of shoes when she only has 2 feet!). I am chomp- in at the bit to get out there.

Even though I wouldn't consider a shot gun needing to be 'sighted in' like a rifle is, it would make a good excuse for the "excessive" ammo & also an excuse to get out there a little early?? :)

bgc
06-30-2010, 12:21 PM
Even though I wouldn't consider a shot gun needing to be 'sighted in' like a rifle is, it would make a good excuse for the "excessive" ammo & also an excuse to get out there a little early?? :)
I have been working the crow for the past few weeks, still it nothing like hunting dove, the olny bird i have seen that cant fly strait.

clag39
06-30-2010, 01:21 PM
never had the chance to hunt dove. was not allowed in jersey... idiots !!!!!

bgc
07-14-2010, 08:22 AM
7 weeks left.....