PDA

View Full Version : bersa model 85 need smaller capacity magazine in NY

cherokee2000
11-21-2013, 12:43 PM
Hello,
I'm new to this forum, and need some help. I have a bersa model 85 .380 cal. which bought sometime ago, and it's still like new.
My problem is the capacity of the clip.in new york i may need less rounds if these laws are passed. bersa says this pistol has been discontinued, any ideas of how to minimize the rounds in the clip should the need arise. right now i think it's a 12 or 13 round clip. any help is appreciated..thank you all

Mason
11-21-2013, 02:26 PM
Just put a spacer under the follower and that will limit the capacity.. If they want more than that have a shop dimple the magazine housing limiting the travel of the follower to only allow the max amount of rounds in the mag.

Michael T
11-21-2013, 08:12 PM
You can do what mason says But to me better idea is to move to a free state In other words get the hell out of New York.

Reginald Carstairs
11-21-2013, 08:36 PM
This thread was moved from moderation in Bersa Videos?.... I couldn't find a video in the post, and placed here in "out of production .380 Bersa pistols."

Now I wouldn't modify that magazine unless it was a permanent modification. If a spacer is removable you are still breaking the laws of NY.

PollyB is out resident expert on old Bersa's he may pipe in here.

RC

This post is now released from moderation.

R.Ph. 380
11-21-2013, 09:12 PM
You can do what mason says But to me better idea is to move to a free state In other words get the hell out of New York.

What MT said^^^^^^ Better than to be made a criminal by owning your own property, bought when it was legal. New York City needs to be walled off and left to rot.
The rest of the state will do all right without the 5 Boroughs.

Bill

mitchr
11-21-2013, 09:38 PM
Welcome to Bersa Chat & you're welcome to move to the free state of Texas.

jrtraderny
11-21-2013, 09:48 PM
Hello,
I'm new to this forum, and need some help. I have a bersa model 85 .380 cal. which bought sometime ago, and it's still like new.
My problem is the capacity of the clip.in new york i may need less rounds if these laws are passed. bersa says this pistol has been discontinued, any ideas of how to minimize the rounds in the clip should the need arise. right now i think it's a 12 or 13 round clip. any help is appreciated..thank you all

Oh and by the way the laws already were passed last January and your mags will be illegal in 2014, unless the law is overturned in court.
Also unless you owned it prior to 1994 the mags may have already been illegal here in NY.

pollyb
11-21-2013, 11:49 PM
Welcome cherokee2000,

I don't know of any model 85/86 mags 10 or 13 round available at present.

Watch gun auctions especially Gunbroker.com and ebay (search bersa gun parts)......they do show up occasionally ....about 6 weeks ago a 10 rounder sold on ebay for $125.00 shipped.
Expect to pay $50 to 100+ if you find one.

check you PM's

Good Luck jab

cherokee2000
11-24-2013, 11:09 AM
Thank you all for the good info. god bless you all. I like michaels idea of leaving ny. but I'm a 70 year old guy who's children are here as well as my grandchildren. believe me if they would say pop lets get out i'd be packed before they could start the car. happy holidays to you all, and thank you again