PDA

View Full Version : The Gun Doctor - Excellent Service Provider

Fircrestshooter
10-14-2013, 10:46 PM
Hello Bersa Owners,

I just wanted to share my service experience using the "Gun Doctor" in Oregon. I have a Bersa Thunder UltraCompact .45. First the frame cracked and the GD was able to get me a new pistol. Then the magazine eject button failed. Apparently a spring broke. The GD fixed it up and sent it back in one week, start to finish. It's going back for it's final repair tomorrow, at least as far as I'm concerned. Now the Disassembly bar is broken. I'm done with Bersa Guns but will continue to recommend the Gun Doctor for any kind of service work. Fast and accurate on the assessment and repairs.

FircrestShooter

bcrtops
10-14-2013, 11:11 PM
Glad to hear this, as he is sorta "local".

Know that his previous work was a custom black smithing & he still sells some smaller stuff under wolfgang forge brand. He has gotten into gunsmithing as easier to do bench work, than work with the heavy tools in a black smith shop. I've talked with him on the phone a couple times, & via email, but have not personally had any work done by him. Apparently, he is one of Bersa's authorized repair guys now.

Administrator reminder.... As per the posting rules under this section no replies are allowed. I will let this one stay due to it doesn't address the reasons the OP sent the gun to this warranty center, only the qualifications of the gunsmith.

RC

Michael T
10-14-2013, 11:38 PM
Sorry you had so many problems Ever had a car that was new and one problem after another. Did you trade or keep using Warranty

wolfgang the gun doctor
01-01-2014, 11:27 AM
Hello Bersa Owners,

I just wanted to share my service experience using the "Gun Doctor" in Oregon. I have a Bersa Thunder UltraCompact .45. First the frame cracked and the GD was able to get me a new pistol. Then the magazine eject button failed. Apparently a spring broke. The GD fixed it up and sent it back in one week, start to finish. It's going back for it's final repair tomorrow, at least as far as I'm concerned. Now the Disassembly bar is broken. I'm done with Bersa Guns but will continue to recommend the Gun Doctor for any kind of service work. Fast and accurate on the assessment and repairs.

FircrestShooter

Thank you for the kind & generous comments! I always strive to be worthy of such.
On the rare occasions when anything comes back for further repairs, they go to the front of the queue.
In this case, none of the returns were related to previous work, but I can understand the owner's frustration and tried to get him an extra quick turn-around.
Well, even Glock puts out a lemon occasionally. From the posts in a few of their forums, you'd think they were mostly duds.
Thanks again.