View Full Version : FNG!! Hello

08-30-2013, 09:26 AM
How's it goin.
I'm in IL and patiently waiting for the CC classes to start up. I scooped up a used Kahr CW45 with a IWB holster for a deal a cple months ago. I really love it. It's not bad to play with at the range either. But my wife isn't a fan of the kick. She wants her own toy, so I'm thinkin a Bersa thunder CC 380 would be perfect for her to have fun at the range and good for a summer pocket pistol for me. I havent gotten one yet, I joined up to read people reviews and troubles. But pretty sure I'm gonna scoop one up. I saw one at a LGS for $315.

Quick back ground on me,
I'm a 1st responder on the highway for the state and was active duty Marine Corps.

08-30-2013, 09:28 AM
Welcome to Bersa Chat Acasper. Lot's of good info here, so read on.

08-30-2013, 09:29 AM
Welcome to the forum Acasper and thank you for your service.

08-30-2013, 09:34 AM
Welcome. Another IL member - good deal. We need more!! Chicago you say, just had another Chicago citizen join a couple days ago. I'm in the Peoria area.

gun sane
08-30-2013, 09:37 AM
Howdy, Acasper708! Welcome to BersaChat, the home of over 5,000 shooters hungering for bacon and better deals on Bersa fine quality firearms. My wife, Princess Papoola, is the proud owner of a 380CC and let's me clean it for her. She really enjoys its concealability and how it fits in her tiny hands. I hope you do well in your CC class. It's one of your God-given rights doled out by the government. :wink:

08-30-2013, 10:50 AM
I'm in the south Suburbs just out of Chicago.
Its actually Evergreen Park but its just easier to say Chicago since its just a cple blocks north.

Thanks for the warm welcome!!

08-30-2013, 12:53 PM
Our son lives just outside of Chicago, WSW of Chicago if I'm not mistaken. Back when I was working for a living, instead of sponging off you poor working slobs :wink: , we visited him a few times & he was our tour guide into Chicago a couple of those trips. Marty & I are 'small town' folks & I believe we've seen all of Chicago we want to see. :smile:

08-30-2013, 04:38 PM
Welcome to the forum from New York!

R.Ph. 380
08-30-2013, 05:21 PM
Welcome Aboard, Acasper. Lots of good and semi-good info here. It's up to you to screen one from the other. My wife loves her 380CC. It lives on her side of the bead and her big brother(45UC SS) lives on my side.

08-31-2013, 04:48 PM
Welcome aboard from the GunShine State.
Before buying a blowback weapon for the Mrs., ensure that she can rack the slide at the gun store. Some people find that to be difficult to do. The hammered version, the Thunder has the hammer which can be thumb-cocked for single action shooting, (more accurate), and when the hammer is cocked, it's a little easier to rack the slide.
My preference is the Thunder. I'm a revolver guy who thumb-cocks almost all of the time. It's become second nature even with my semi-automatic pistols.

09-01-2013, 09:00 AM
Welcome to Bersa Chat ascasper! ENJOY!

09-01-2013, 07:00 PM
The wife is a tough girl.
She didn't have a problem with my CW45. After a box of ammo she said she didn't have a sore wrist. She just wasn't comfortable with the kick the 45 had and would probably have more fun at the range with something more manageable.
My CW45

01-06-2014, 09:07 AM
Hello, and welcome from Ohio. A lot of good info here.