View Full Version : My experience with JGE warranty center

06-21-2013, 06:05 PM
Hello fellow Bersa fan's. This is my first time posting here and I'm pleased that it will be all positive feedback from my experience with JGE in Lott Texas. I was having problems after about 400 rounds with FTF and FTE. I tried 3 different brands of ammo, even the higher end defensive rounds at the range last week. Had problems with every mag loaded. I then sent an e-mail (Wednesday) to John at JGE explaining my problem and not even 5 minutes later I received a call from him asking for a bit more of information on my experience. He advised that I send in my gun, so I did the following day (Thursday). So Friday morning, I sent John a follow up e-mail asking for the expected lead time, I was worried it would be a few weeks so I wanted an estimated date to look forward to. I received an e-mail a few hours later stating I should have my gun back on Monday. Hearing that made my weekend! So thank you to the guys at JGE for excellent customer service and fast turn around. I'll post an update once I receive my gun back on how she works! :smile: