PDA

View Full Version : Tis' the time for crow in Ohio

bgc
06-11-2010, 08:52 PM
Got the O/U out of the safe and put down 3 crow this morning. Its been too long since i have had it out. Any Rizzini or Milano owners out there?

Michael T
06-12-2010, 10:58 PM
o/u those are the broken SXS shot guns do they really shoot with the barrels messed up that way . A proper double is SXS I took a crow with #6 mod choke and 20" coach gun at 88 paces. He was sitting on a fence post ( yes a fence post people) over he went. DRT

clag39
06-13-2010, 12:35 PM
did the fence post survive ???

mitchr
06-13-2010, 02:02 PM
I thought it was unsportsman like to shoot them while sitting! :o Supposed to shoot them 'on the wing'!

Mason
06-13-2010, 02:35 PM
I got a 40 year old Ithaca O/U... If I shoot it sideways "gansta" :cool: style would that be ok?:p

Michael T
06-13-2010, 06:48 PM
I got a 40 year old Ithaca O/U... If I shoot it sideways "gansta" :cool: style would that be ok?:p

Work for me least the barrels be in right position Not sure about the owner.

Supposed to shoot them 'on the wing'!

I never try to wing I always shoot COM

mitchr
06-13-2010, 06:52 PM
"I never try to wing I always shoot COM"

Whats a 'COM'?? Is that what they call a male crow?

Zotter
06-13-2010, 06:55 PM
mitch - COM=="Center Of Mass"

Makes things DRT quite handily

mitchr
06-13-2010, 07:02 PM
If we'd been talking human, or any large target, I'd related the 'com' to 'center of mass'. But a CROW with a SHOT GUN?? :o

Michael T
06-13-2010, 08:59 PM
Better than a wing shot Then you have to chase the littler suckers all over the place trying to step on them . They can run pretty fast

bgc
06-14-2010, 06:27 AM
Better than a wing shot Then you have to chase the littler suckers all over the place trying to step on them . They can run pretty fast

Thats why you have a lower barrel, for the runners. Top barrel for " On the wing" Bottom barrel for "On the run"

Muddog
06-15-2010, 11:09 AM
used to use my old citori o/u when i shot trap competitively.... both barrels work fine... next time will have to turn it sideways see how it works

still can get 2 shots off quicker with my pump though

Pokeman
06-29-2010, 03:19 PM
I gotta ask. why shoot crow? is there really sport in that? can't eat, doesn't sound exciting, big target, they are everywhere. I am not judging, I really want to know what I am missing.

clag39
06-29-2010, 03:24 PM
I gotta ask. why shoot crow? is there really sport in that? can't eat, doesn't sound exciting, big target, they are everywhere. I am not judging, I really want to know what I am missing.

i used to use them for a warm up for duck season....

Muddog
06-29-2010, 03:40 PM

see ya just get a few fire crackers....throw em out amongst the crows... then see if ya can get em on the wing with yer bersa
great sd training with small moving targets

bgc
06-30-2010, 09:14 AM
Crow hunting is encouraged in the state of Ohio, high crop damage and #1 carrier of the West Nile virus.
You can eat them, great recipes on crowbusters.com. Ever try to call some in and get them with a shotgun?

Pokeman
06-30-2010, 10:33 AM
Ever try to call some in and get them with a shotgun? yes and no. I have called them in, never with intent to shoot em

clag39
06-30-2010, 10:36 AM
Ever try to call some in and get them with a shotgun?

used to do that in Jersey.. those bas!ar&s are not that easy to get..they always keep a look out

bgc
06-30-2010, 12:24 PM
Had one come in last weekend, spotted me and started to duck and weave, i've never seen that move from a crow.

mitchr
06-30-2010, 12:44 PM
They are the easiest spooked bird I know of. They'll be in my driveway scarfing down some of the critter food I put out everyday & I can stick my head out of the open garage door just barely enough to see down the drive & they'll see me & fly off! I've never tried shooting one (illegal here) but I've heard that their feathers make them appear larger than they actually are & you have to hit them dead center, if shooting a rifle, to down one.