PDA

View Full Version : CROSSBREED SUPERTUCK !

sjones
06-11-2010, 04:36 PM
After much research I finally broke down and ordered one for my full size 1911.I have been carrying since 96 but always OWB as IWB was really uncomfortable for me.Even the OWB was uncomfortable.I have a glock 19 and a taurus 709 slim to try and stay concealed.The problem is that I have no hips to speak of and I had to cinch my belt reallt tight to keep my pants up.Then I finally discovered Perry suspenders,wow what a difference they make.I was never a suspender person but I am now.I'll swear by them.I can just put my belt in the second hole and be comfortable as all get out.I even tried wearing a cheap old collapsable IWB and it was fine except when I tried to reholster.I thought if its this comfortable then a really good holster should work.So I odered one this am.Now I am anxious to get it in and try it out.boy those suspenders open up a whole new world now. :thumbs up::) :)

tcox4freedom
06-11-2010, 05:38 PM
Where can you get suspenders? I may want to try them.

sjones
06-11-2010, 06:33 PM
Perry suspenders has a web site,just type in that name and it will pop up.The great thing about them is that they attach to the belt,not the pants, so everything stays up with little belt tightning. sj

R.Ph. 380
06-11-2010, 10:20 PM
Perry suspenders has a web site,just type in that name and it will pop up.The great thing about them is that they attach to the belt,not the pants, so everything stays up with little belt tightning. sj
Sjones showed me his at the range the other day and they really make sense. Unobtrusive and reliable. I'm seriously thinking about a pair. They're here: http://www.perrysuspenders.com/theorpersus.html

Bill

sjones
06-12-2010, 05:21 AM
They really come in handy if you are carrying a heavy gun or just to keep your pants up. sj :)

tcox4freedom
06-12-2010, 09:52 AM
I think I'll order me a couple of pair- Thanks!

sjones
06-13-2010, 06:08 AM
They are a cheap way to help hide a gun and to ease the strain on your hips.They put the weight on your shoulders and it doesn't cost much to try. sj :)

Spongebob
07-26-2010, 08:34 AM
I got on the website and they had a lot of choices.Which did you buy ?
They also have ones that only has two fastning spots. Has anyony tried tem?

bcrtops
07-26-2010, 10:17 AM
Yes, suspenders work great for us older guys, who used to have some fat & muscle on the butt to keep our belt/pants up, that has moved around to the belly side ! Can't get a belt tight enough to keep pants up anymore without always jacking them up, and can pull all my pants off without unfastening them anymore -- ridiculous.
:yikes:

sjones
07-26-2010, 12:05 PM
I got the origional pair with 3 attach points in 1 1/2 inch,kaki color.I still found it uncomfortable carrying that 1911 around but I sent the ST back and had them reform it for my g19 which is a little lighter.When I got it back I experminted whith different placement and cant till I found one thats comfortable to wear,now its great.Its a little pain to put on but once on its comfortable as can be. sj :smile:

tcox4freedom
07-26-2010, 12:48 PM
I got the origional pair with 3 attach points in 1 1/2 inch,kaki color.I still found it uncomfortable carrying that 1911 around but I sent the ST back and had them reform it for my g19 which is a little lighter.When I got it back I experminted whith different placement and cant till I found one thats comfortable to wear,now its great.Its a little pain to put on but once on its comfortable as can be. sj :smile:

Glad to here you seemed to have found the sweet spot.
I will also tell you that it will get a whole lot easier to get on & off once it's broken in; and you become more accustomed to the holster.

Chort
08-04-2010, 10:43 PM
I have 2 pair of Perry suspenders. One of the denim and one with pigs all over it. They work great! Strange thing though I get the craving to carry a piece weed between my teeth and wear my straw hat?

Pond Scum
08-06-2010, 08:02 AM
They really come in handy if you are carrying a heavy gun or just to keep your pants up. sj :)

I live in rough neighborhood and there are a whole bunch of guys on the street that could use these babies! Way to many guys with pants on the ground around here.

-Pondy :)

sjones
08-06-2010, 09:08 AM
Hey CHORT,if you like to chew on weeds check this out on utube.Just type in "wildwood weed".You will get a good laugh.sj :smile:

Chort
08-12-2010, 01:16 PM
Seems like all that is well but I think my Perrys might get tangled in the windmill. That may also be ok if I was wearing a holster with a good grip for the portions of the trip where I was upside down. Can we make flower out of those seads???

sjones
08-12-2010, 05:26 PM
I don't think that weed is for looking at,just chewing or maybe smoking.:smile:

mitchr
08-12-2010, 05:55 PM
Seems I've heard unflattering remarks, over the years, about 'old guys' that wear both suspenders AND a belt. :smile:

bigblock57
08-23-2010, 10:48 PM
Crossbreed is my preferred holster for IWB of my BT380, and the Perry suspenders are used by some elite units... A winning combination!

sjones
08-24-2010, 06:00 AM
I used to think suspenders were for old guys too,then one day I figured it out.Hey,I'm an old guy now too. sj :smile: