PDA

View Full Version : Hello from the heartland

Cyberbach
03-04-2013, 09:54 AM
Been a lurker for a while and decided it was time to join. I grew up in rural Nebraska where guns were viewed more as a tool than a weapon. Bought my first Bersa about 20 years ago and have loved it ever since. I was drawn to the gun because it reminded me of the gun that 007 was carrying in all those Bond movies but I quickly became attached to it because of it's accuracy and dependability. Mine is a model 83 and I would love to read about anything that makes it definable in their line. I took a couple pics, the first is the gun, the second pic is kinda strange. I was going through a bunch of brass, deprimming and this particular brass got kinda stuck in the shell plate. When I pulled it out I noticed that the bottom of the primer cup had torn off leaving the inside rim of the primer stuck inside the "cup". Was going to trash it but thought I would take the picture and post it for discussion, anyone ever have something like this happen before? I should note that I have reloaded thousands of rounds and this was a first for me.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c70/cyberbach/IMGP1792a_zps60964710.jpg

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c70/cyberbach/IMGP1789a_zps587661cc.jpg

mitchr
03-04-2013, 10:01 AM
Welcome to Bersa Chat Cyberbach. Nice looking pistol to be 20 years old.

Cyberbach
03-04-2013, 10:06 AM
Welcome to Bersa Chat Cyberbach. Nice looking pistol to be 20 years old.

Actually, I got a couple of these, the other one is not as nice look'n..... it was confiscated by Chicago police department.... but here's the kicker.... I actually got it returned to me. Long story that will have to wait till I have time to tell it but suffice it to say it has to be one of the only times that I have ever heard of their department NOT destroying a gun they took in a traffic stop. :)

Mason
03-04-2013, 10:28 AM
Hi Cyberbach and welcome to Bersa Chat.. Somebody who knows what they are talking about will be along soon and help you with your questions.. In the mean time just keep cleaning your gun with corn oil and enjoy the show here.. :poke:

gun sane
03-04-2013, 12:03 PM
Howdy, Cyberbach! Welcome to BersaChat, the home of all sorts of oddities--some even related to guns. That Bersa of yours looks like it's held up well. I was wondering if that .380 shell was a once-fired factory round or a reload. PMC is South Korean, but primers can come from anywhere.

Cyberbach
03-04-2013, 02:12 PM
Howdy, Cyberbach! Welcome to BersaChat, the home of all sorts of oddities--some even related to guns. That Bersa of yours looks like it's held up well. I was wondering if that .380 shell was a once-fired factory round or a reload. PMC is South Korean, but primers can come from anywhere.

The 380 case was supposed to be once fired, I bought several thousand rounds of 9mm brass from an indoor range that doesn't allow reloads on the line and there were a couple hundred "stow away" 380's in the bunch. I was just curious if anyone had ever come across a situation such as this as it was unique to me to say the least.