PDA

View Full Version : Bersa 383-A with cracked slide

Jmcdonaldva1
08-26-2012, 01:37 PM
Good afternoon all!

A new member here with a question:)

I have a model 383-A I bought about 20 years ago as a back up weapon when I was in law enforcement.
About 10 years ago the front of the slide under the muzzle fractured and left me with a pretty paper weight.
The gun had roughly 400 rounds fired through it at the time...

I have looked at Gunbroker for a while and have not been lucky enough to find a replacement when they are for sale.

Are there any slides from other models new and old that would fit?
I love the pistol and it still looks great but then again it has sat in the safe unfired for a decade:)

Thanks!

pollyb
08-26-2012, 05:02 PM
Welcome to BC Jmcdonaldva1,

Slides for the 383A or 383DA will "drop on" with no modification.

Search Bersa on Gunbroker and keep an eye out for "parts kits" in addition to slides (they do appear but I don't know of any at this time). Also search bersa gun parts on e bay.

If you do find one I would recommend a new recoil spring (the current OEM will work fine) and you might consider new OEM mag springs when you order.

Any other slides will require some modification which should probably be done by a gunsmith.

Good Luck :smile: rgards jab

Jmcdonaldva1
08-26-2012, 05:10 PM
Jab,
Thank you so much for the information.
Great suggestion about the springs, good point as the springs are original.

It will be nice to shoot my old friend again!

Jim

p-t-max
08-26-2012, 07:27 PM
I hope you will keep us updated on the progress of this repair/replacement. Good luck with it. :thumbs up:

grworrall
08-27-2012, 12:56 AM
The crack you described sounds exactly like what I experienced with my 383 DA. Send your gun to one of the Bersa warranty centers. They should be able to fit an older model Thunder 380 slide on your gun for very few bucks. The slide lock may or may not work totally but that's not a problem.