PDA

View Full Version : 40 thunder?

scott mc
08-02-2012, 09:18 PM
Hi, I'm new to this site and new to Bersa's....I have an opportunity to buy a bran new sub compact 40 thunder, for what I think is w great price. I currently shoot an XD 40 and am looking for some reviews on the thunder...

Thanks

Scott

TGeneC
08-02-2012, 09:40 PM
For the cost, there is no better pistol out there with the same features. Weight and balance is outstanding. Performance - the UC series is considered by most to be the best platform that Bersa makes. Reliability is just as good as and even better than pistols at twice the price (and name recognition). Field stripping and total takedown is fast and simple enough that an above average hunting dog could do it. They eat anything.

Buy it and you will not be disappointed. If you (gasp! :yikes:) are, there are a couple hundred of us here that you can mail it to with a label marked "Machine Parts"...

Welcome to the forum too!!!!

J_C
08-02-2012, 10:17 PM
Don't have the 40 but I have the 45 and like it quite a bit. When I first took it to the range, I actually became bored with it because it was so accurate. All of the bullets kept going into the same ragged hole. Where's the challenge in that?

Now that you mention it, I think I need to go to the range this weekend and become bored all over again.

mitchr
08-02-2012, 10:43 PM
Welcome to the forum. The Bersa Firestorm Mini .40 which is a pre "Pro" Thunder with some cosmetic differences was my first pistol. Break-in consisted of clean, lube & load. I didn't know you were supposed to break a pistol in & used it to qualify for my CHL without a hitch. I liked it well enough that I added several other Bersas, so I don't think you'll be disappointed.