PDA

View Full Version : Long journey Bersa....now waiting

Shuutr
05-03-2012, 06:18 AM
Ok. So this is going to be lengthy but go with me on this. It's an amusing at least to me and I think you may understand.

For years I didn't have time for hobbies. School (9 years), Navy (3.5 years), LD girlfriend, and overtime jobs had me busy most days from sun up to sun day 7 days a week. Any free time was spent on movie theaters or recreational sports.

Now with a normal job and one-too-many twisted ankle I picked up a couple of hobbies, one of which was pistol shooting at the local range. First pistol. Glock 22 (LE trade in). I know, I know. Traded it. But not after I got bit by the bug. Free days were spent online and in stores. I knew quickly if I were going to be spending money on my new habit, it would help if the wife were involved. Grandpa taught her to shoot as a kid so it was an easy sell.

I bought her a LCP coyote special (original run for texans only) for her *ahem* without her there. I know, I know. She couldn't rack the slide and it bit more than she liked. After Perry got knocked out of the race, I traded it.

Next attempt at thinking I know what she'll like was a Rossi revolver. No slide to rack, should be no problem. I bought it without her. I know, I know. I decided to trade it.

I had someone offer a BT380 for my Rossi. I showed my wife the pictures. She said no. Didn't like the look.

Knowing I A) wasn't going to buy another without her and B) couldn't take her to a counter without limiting the options a little I hit the forums for research and got my hands on a few for feel and action.

My pick for what she'd like: Walther PK380. Good easy slide. Good size.
I took her to the only store in town that had one: Cabelas. The Walther lay next to the Bersa thunder 380.

Immediately she says "I like that one". Alas, she wanted the Bersa. Go figure. She handled both just to be sure and reaffirmed: Bersa. I felt like asking about why she was so against it before, but in reality I was just happy we found a winner.

I knew Academy had a better deal closer to home and now a Bersa Thunder 380CT sits bedside. She loves "her" pistol and it turns out she's a great shot. (note to self: keep in mind she's a good shot)

Then came the torture. I liked it so much I had to have one of my own. But through my initial gun acquisition frenzy I was put on notice by my wife. "No new pistols for 6 months". That was January.

New problem. I found my perfect pistol 3 months into my pistol hiatus. The same Academy had a Bersa Thunder Pro UC. Had to get it so I did.

When I got home with it, my wife said she was fine with me buying it but I can't use it until the 6 months are up.

In the meantime I wait. Ever so impatiently .....

Eliminator
05-03-2012, 07:22 AM
Patience is a virture. Remember with both of you shooting you will go through twice the ammo.
Be very considerate with a wife that can shoot.

Pond Scum
05-03-2012, 07:33 AM
My wife had been to several gun stores over 5 or 6 months looking for a gun she liked. She picked up her first Bersa 380 at Gander mountain. I asked her to try the Walther .... As soon as she picked up the Walther she pointed to the BT380 and said "that's my gun!". The rest was history .... Now we wn a bunch of those Bersa's!

mitchr
05-03-2012, 07:44 AM
Welcome to Bersa Chat Shuutr. I think the issue is that wives just have a natural tendacy to resist any suggestions/advice that the husband offers. It must be their own idea. :wink: Caution: Do not dare point out that you'd lready recommended the BT380. Just let her go on thinking that it was all her idea.

Anyway, you got a good one out of the deal. I don't understand how anyone can have a new gun in the house for 3 months without taking it out to see how it does. But, Pondy's got you beat on that. He had one over a YEAR before shooting it!

Pond Scum
05-03-2012, 07:58 AM
But, Pondy's got you beat on that. He had one over a YEAR before shooting it!

That is true but it wasn't because of my wife ...... She didn't even know I owned the gun. If she had told me that I couldn't shoot it then I would have had it to the range the next day!! :tongue:

mitchr
05-03-2012, 08:20 AM
That is true but it wasn't because of my wife ...... She didn't even know I owned the gun. If she had told me that I couldn't shoot it then I would have had it to the range the next day!! :tongue:

Yeah, right!! :wink: