PDA

View Full Version : I may have gone off the reservation with the Sticky Holster.

Bronson
04-27-2012, 12:25 AM
http://www.stickyholsters.com/ssholsters.php

Ok, not for me but for my girfriend. She refuses to wear a belt so anything that attaches to the belt or uses the belt as the foundation for the holster is out as is any gun that weighs anything. Which is why she uses a Kel-Tec P-32 but she also doesn't like the side clip on it so we've been limited to pocket holsters. I don't know if you've ever noticed but the pockets on women's pants suck. They are about a 1/4" deep and mostly useless for carrying anything larger than a Chapstick....not to mention skirts that have no pockets.

Due to all of that she often doesn't carry because she won't change her style of dress. Hopefully this new holster will help. I picked it up on the way back from the range today (a bunch more flawless rounds through the BP9 by the way) and I'm wearing it right now to kind of test it out. Earlier she tried it on and we were both surprised how well it stayed in place and she liked how comfortable it was. I have to concur that it's comfy but I think I'll stick with my traditional OWB holsters on the belt but if this will help her carry more I'm all for it.

Especially since Forbes magazine just rated our little town as #9 out of ten most dangerous cities for women across the ENTIRE FREAKIN' NATION with us coming in 4th for rapes. MI also have the distinction of being the only state with three cities on the list: Saginaw, Flint, and Battle Creek. Ain't that just dandy.

http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/local/kalamazoo_and_battle_creek/battle-creek-one-of-forbes-most-dangerous-for-women

Bronson

Pond Scum
04-27-2012, 02:59 AM
Wow. I had no idea that Michigan was so dangerous for women. It makes it more important for girls to carry guns. Sigh.

Horseshoe
04-27-2012, 05:41 AM
My mom carries every day. She hates MI. Let us know how she likes the sticky holster after she wears it a bit. I am looking for something for my wife.

Rollin Thunder
04-27-2012, 05:53 AM
I have a Sticky holster and I like it. This, coming from a leather holster guy.
I believe they really could open up the options, for women who carry.

teecro
04-27-2012, 06:27 AM
I have a Sticky Holster for just about every gun in the safe mainly to serve as what I call house slipper to protect the gun's finish from getting buggered up while out of the safe but still in the house and to protect the furniture from bumps and dings from the gun itself to that end they work very well and as stated by Bronson they really do "stick" to the inside of the waist band and don't move around at all.

gun sane
04-27-2012, 06:56 AM
Coulda used one for my TCP when I went outside yesterday to investigate what I thought were gunshots. Turns out a neighbor was popping some old firecrackers. Without a belt those clip on holsters don't stay in place too well.

mitchr
04-27-2012, 09:02 AM
Not changing a person's mode of dress can severely limit the options. Hopefully you've found something that will work. Marty has been thinking about getting her CHL & that sounds like a solution for her also.

I'm wondering if it'll work with underwear. :redface: After my shower at night, if I don't go directly to bed, I only wear my undies & a robe. Have to carry my pistol in my hand & if I lay it down, sometimes walk off & leave it. :frown:

gun sane
04-27-2012, 09:21 AM
I'm wondering if it'll work with underwear. :redface: After my shower at night, if I don't go directly to bed, I only wear my undies & a robe. Have to carry my pistol in my hand & if I lay it down, sometimes walk off & leave it. :frown:

You walking outside in your bathrobe sounds like a good deterrent to me.

teecro
04-27-2012, 10:02 AM
Not changing a person's mode of dress can severely limit the options. Hopefully you've found something that will work. Marty has been thinking about getting her CHL & that sounds like a solution for her also.

I don't think they would work well with underware or loose fitting sweat pants etc.

gtgeorge
04-27-2012, 10:34 AM
I personally skip the underwear at home and go for a robe. The UBG clips nicely to the tie as long as I tie it tight enough. :redface: I figure a flash would do more damage than any firearm could!

Bronson
04-27-2012, 10:53 AM
I was wearing it around with pajama pants last night with no problem. Of course it was a Kel-Tec P32 so it doesn't weigh anything. I've also been known to drop the little gun in the pocket of my robe. They sure are handy little buggers.

Bronson

Beau
04-27-2012, 10:54 AM
Looks very similar to the Remora holsters. I have the model 7 one for T380 .

This Ninja dude's video did it for me:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ei0CzP1y5hk

mitchr
04-27-2012, 11:26 AM
I was wearing it around with pajama pants last night with no problem. Of course it was a Kel-Tec P32 so it doesn't weigh anything. I've also been known to drop the little gun in the pocket of my robe. They sure are handy little buggers.

Bronson

I don't have anything that light, so guess it's not an option for me.

mitchr
04-27-2012, 11:28 AM
You walking outside in your bathrobe sounds like a good deterrent to me.

That ain't gonna happen. That's strictly inside mode of dress. Don't wanna drive the neighbors into hysterics & loose their breath from laughing so hard.

KirkG
04-27-2012, 11:38 AM
I have used a Remora as well and it has worked sufficiently in a pinch with gym shorts or sweatpants.
I have threatened to go out into the front yard sans pants many times but my wife won't allow it. We really need to move to a large acreage in the country...

brian c
05-07-2012, 07:24 PM

I'm wondering if it'll work with underwear. :redface: After my shower at night, if I don't go directly to bed, I only wear my undies & a robe. Have to carry my pistol in my hand & if I lay it down, sometimes walk off & leave it. :frown::yikes:

Michael T
05-07-2012, 10:06 PM
I go out side at night with out clothes on To lazy to dress to go to out house. just to undress again then redress . flash light and pistol in hand. . never been bothered Some time just stand on porch with dog . :yikes:

gun sane
05-07-2012, 10:19 PM
Some time just stand on porch with dog . :yikes:

PETA doesn't have a strong presence in KY. You should be safe tormenting that dog.

Horseshoe
05-08-2012, 06:12 AM
PETA doesn't have a strong presence in KY. You should be safe tormenting that dog.

Lol zap!

Reminds me of a funny story. My step mom tends to let her dogs out in the middle of the night with little clothing. Well she likes rustic looking santas that are really creepy and look like scare crows. She put one in my bedroom because she knew I hated them. In the dark the look like a person. Well I figured I would get her back. I rounded 3-4 of them up. Waited for her to go to bed and placed them on the back porch. I put Amish hats on them as all the neighbors in their area are Amish. She let her dogs out at 3-4am. I wake up to a load scream and I hear her yell at me. She peed the porch as she let the dogs out. Funniest thing ever!

Pond Scum
05-08-2012, 07:23 AM
I put Amish hats on them as all the neighbors in their area are Amish....!

What I really want to know is why you have 4 Amish hats?? :tongue:

mitchr
05-08-2012, 10:51 AM
Lol zap!

Reminds me of a funny story. My step mom tends to let her dogs out in the middle of the night with little clothing. Well she likes rustic looking santas that are really creepy and look like scare crows. She put one in my bedroom because she knew I hated them. In the dark the look like a person. Well I figured I would get her back. I rounded 3-4 of them up. Waited for her to go to bed and placed them on the back porch. I put Amish hats on them as all the neighbors in their area are Amish. She let her dogs out at 3-4am. I wake up to a load scream and I hear her yell at me. She peed the porch as she let the dogs out. Funniest thing ever!

:devil:

Horseshoe
05-08-2012, 10:53 AM
What I really want to know is why you have 4 Amish hats?? :tongue:

Lol. We always go do Hay. And every time we wear black Amish hats to make fun of them. They have a sense of humor. So we have accumulated them over time. :)

JohnNicholas
05-22-2012, 07:19 AM
I went out on the porch late one night to meet the Police wearing only jockeys and a nickel plated S & W. Two nice lady officers didnt blink an eye. But then, it is Kentucky.