PDA

View Full Version : NC newbie (not really new just been away )

TTNC
03-01-2012, 05:53 PM
Feel like saying "I'm back!! ". Was a member on the older site and had a Bersa Thunder 380. Also had a UBG holster at the time. I sold that set up and bought a PF9 and shortly afterward sold that too. Wanted to get back into cc so I started looking at new guns to buy. I went thru the normal what caliber do I want , and settled back to 380. One thing I was uncomfortable with on my full size was the tang cut into my belly (large and extra wide) when it was iwb. The cc model looks to be much smaller in that area.
I always enjoyed the info on the other site and look forward to that again

PHMadness
03-01-2012, 05:59 PM
Welcome back.

trailblazer
03-01-2012, 06:05 PM
welcome back, TTNC. it's always ggod to have another carolina member. we'll be having another carolina/tennessee member meet & shoot soon. hopefully, you can join us.

TB

mitchr
03-01-2012, 06:12 PM
Welcome to Bersa Chat TTNC. The CC is easy to conceal & also easy to forget you got it with you, EXCEPT when wearing IWB. :smile: I don't see how you guys do it. It's all I can do just to get ME in there. :redface:

R.Ph. 380
03-01-2012, 06:22 PM
Welcome to Bersa Chat TTNC. The CC is easy to conceal & also easy to forget you got it with you, EXCEPT when wearing IWB. :smile: I don't see how you guys do it. It's all I can do just to get ME in there. :redface:
Hey Mitchr, I found out that if they have a pair that's, (a size up like, say, oh just off the top of my head, and not respective of anyone's waist size, referring to no-one's current girth, a hypothetical) a size 40 instead of 38, WOW, IT FITS. Since I never go anywhere without my Amigo, it just became part of this supposed, hypothetical waist size..........................hehehe

TTNC
03-01-2012, 06:25 PM
Sure do remember that uniform. Wore mine way back in the mid sixties. Was a Hollywood Marine and never stationed on the east coast for anything. Did all my training at Pendleton then went Wespac. Did a tour in Vietnam then the better part of the next year at Great Lakes in the hospital recuperating from three am rounds to the left chest and shoulder.
Semper Fi there brother.

Reginald Carstairs
03-01-2012, 08:00 PM
Weclome back TTNC, lots of members from BT-1 and BT-2 here. More information than ever too.

(Thread moved from the Southeast Forum to Meet and Greet)

Michael T
03-01-2012, 08:05 PM
They paid us to duck in Army. It was cheaper than hospital . But then we weren't MARINES!!

Most of US had a high school diploma or better and understood. Get Down, didn't mean to stand and start dancing. :tongue: But even ducking I still got my VC pop up target badge . Yes AK rounds do hurt.

JONESN
03-02-2012, 07:46 AM
Welcome back TTNC! Noobs??????????? So are you going to make to the Bersa Chat NC Chapter Spring 2012 2nd Annual BBQ, Yard Sale, Meet & Great, and Luncheon!

trailblazer
03-02-2012, 11:09 AM
Welcome back TTNC! Noobs??????????? So are you going to make to the Bersa Chat NC Chapter Spring 2012 2nd Annual BBQ, Yard Sale, Meet & Great, and Luncheon!

i won't mention the hooters in case some of the wives are listening.

TB

Americangirl01
03-02-2012, 11:39 AM
Feel like saying "I'm back!! ". Was a member on the older site and had a Bersa Thunder 380. Also had a UBG holster at the time. I sold that set up and bought a PF9 and shortly afterward sold that too. Wanted to get back into cc so I started looking at new guns to buy. I went thru the normal what caliber do I want , and settled back to 380. One thing I was uncomfortable with on my full size was the tang cut into my belly (large and extra wide) when it was iwb. The cc model looks to be much smaller in that area.
I always enjoyed the info on the other site and look forward to that againWelcome back, TTNC....Was your screen name the same on the old forum?

TTNC
03-03-2012, 09:41 AM
It was either TTNC or ttomes.

SC Dave
03-03-2012, 10:28 AM

You forgot the lying and general BS session. Hooters??????????????? :thumbs up:

TTNC
03-06-2012, 08:04 AM
Michael, I really cannot figure out how they were able to hit me. I swear there was nothing sticking jot from my helmet other than fingers and toes. Though I used to say "yes, someone yelled duck! And I thought they said @#*!, so I stood up and said WHERE?" You know, Marines were a rare breed.

trailblazer
03-06-2012, 08:17 AM
Sure do remember that uniform. Wore mine way back in the mid sixties. Was a Hollywood Marine and never stationed on the east coast for anything. Did all my training at Pendleton then went Wespac. Did a tour in Vietnam then the better part of the next year at Great Lakes in the hospital recuperating from three am rounds to the left chest and shoulder.
Semper Fi there brother.

i appreciate the comments, but my avatar is not me. i'm a USAF veteran, fought during vietnam era, mostly with my wife, while stationed all 4 years in tampa fla.

it's my nephew,(old picture), SSGT. T.J. Dudley, KIA 7-7-11 in Afghanistan.

TB

Americangirl01
03-06-2012, 10:52 AM
It was either TTNC or ttomes.ttomes rings a bell for me.....:smile: Thank you and welcome again to Bersa Chat. I'll bet you'll find lots of familiar voices here.

NCFlyfisher
03-06-2012, 03:16 PM
Hello TTNC, glad you found us again!

Thank you for your service!

TTNC
03-06-2012, 05:24 PM
ttomes rings a bell for me.....:smile: Thank you and welcome again to Bersa Chat. I'll bet you'll find lots of familiar voices here.

Already have found several familiar ones like you, Michael, Mason and NC Flyfisher. Fun being back and will be more fun when my 380cc comes in.

TTNC
03-06-2012, 05:28 PM
i appreciate the comments, but my avatar is not me. i'm a USAF veteran, fought during vietnam era, mostly with my wife, while stationed all 4 years in tampa fla.

it's my nephew,(old picture), SSGT. T.J. Dudley, KIA 7-7-11 in Afghanistan.

TB
So sorry for your loss!! These kids today are subjected to too many tours in harms way. While in the AF did you ever get to Grissom AFB? I lived about a mile from there for the last 14 years I was in Indiana. Thanks for your service, we were all part of the big machine.