PDA

View Full Version : My Uncle Mike's 1911 Kydex Holster

NCFlyfisher
02-20-2012, 11:19 PM
Hey All,

A week ago I was in a bidding war with a other on eBay on this type of holster. I knew what they went for and decided to stop. The next day I went to my LGS to inquire about this holster and their price. Being told they could order it for me for only $20, I grab it and paid at the same time. That was Wednesday, my holster arrived Friday. Talk about being very pleased, lol The one listed on eBay was a older model, not having the added optional belted attachment and longer screws that I got. Plus the shipping alone on the one listed on eBay would have been $25 with the shipping cost. I've seen this holster listed around $27 to $30 on line.

I guess being a good, supporting customer at your LGS does definitly pay off.

Thank You, Price's Creek General Store!

http://i54.tinypic.com/2822gdc.jpg

http://i56.tinypic.com/ilgnef.jpg

http://i52.tinypic.com/2dqell.jpg

http://i53.tinypic.com/1y3l9x.jpg

mitchr
02-21-2012, 10:27 AM
Looks like a pretty good deal Fly! How well does that paddle hold the pistol in place? I have a paddle holster for those times when I know I will have to remove it (doctor's visits) but the paddle doesn't grip my belt tight enough & keeps shifting. I have to keep readjusting it to prevent printing & that's not easy to do & not be obvious about what you are doing.

NCFlyfisher
02-21-2012, 11:11 PM
Looks like a pretty good deal Fly! How well does that paddle hold the pistol in place? I have a paddle holster for those times when I know I will have to remove it (doctor's visits) but the paddle doesn't grip my belt tight enough & keeps shifting. I have to keep readjusting it to prevent printing & that's not easy to do & not be obvious about what you are doing.

I appreciate your comments, Mitch! This one is very tight, in fact I had to drop my pants to remove it. Over time I've sure I can just pull it out. The holster goes on without a problem. And since I used one for my USPSA I knew what I was getting. I might replace it to my USPSA utility belt. I just wanted a paddle holster for working outside on my property, the gun in my back pocket was getting old. Plus my handgun could slip out. I've carried it on my hip a few days to get accustomed to it and with the winter coat it doesn't print.

The directions they provide are clear. I can position it in several ways. But they don't explain the 2" black piece with a slotted hole and fixed hole. Does anyone know?

mitchr
02-22-2012, 09:54 AM
Just guessing Fly, but is the paddle removable? If so, I'd guess that piece is to convert it to a regular belt mounted type holster.

NCFlyfisher
02-23-2012, 12:50 PM
Removable by two retaining screws, yes. I took the paddle off and tried out the belted piece. That 2" plastic part is still a puzzle since the belted part doesn't need it to go on flush. With the paddle the holster is great to slip on but taking it off is a bear. Have to remove my belt & pants. Maybe with more use it will loosen up.

Mason
02-23-2012, 12:56 PM
Geeze Loueze Fly, will you quit talking about takin' yur pants off here!

mitchr
02-23-2012, 03:23 PM
I realize that havin' to take your belt off to remove it, defeats the purpose of a paddle holster, but I wish the one I had gripped the belt a little tighter.

mitchr
02-23-2012, 03:26 PM
ith the way a slot is cut in one end of that piece, looks like it might go on there in some way, to give you an adjustable cant?

NCFlyfisher
02-23-2012, 06:20 PM
Geeze Loueze Fly, will you quit talking about takin' yur pants off here!

Photos to follow... :party: :tongue:

NCFlyfisher
02-23-2012, 06:25 PM
I realize that havin' to take your belt off to remove it, defeats the purpose of a paddle holster, but I wish the one I had gripped the belt a little tighter.

I can adjust this high & low. I'm sure after a month or two it will be broken it.

ith the way a slot is cut in one end of that piece, looks like it might go on there in some way, to give you an adjustable cant?

IDK, Mitch. I'll call them and find out. I can adjust it without the piece. I'm post what they say.

9x19UC
02-23-2012, 07:50 PM
I behave the kydex for my 9uc. The paddle fits very tight and requires undoing the belt to get it off. You can cant the paddle set up and I think the 2inch piece is for canting the belt set up. But I haven't figured out how and there aren't many instructions. I may try to figure it out this weekend.