PDA

View Full Version : thunder 9 pro HC holster?

chuddly
01-23-2012, 06:31 AM
Im looking for a holster that will tuck my thunder 9 pro HC that i can carry and keep it as inconspicuous as possible. Now i know this is a decent size gun and it wont be a ultra compact and hide into nothing but im looking for either a leather or hard plastic holster that will fit this need. I already picked up a nylon holster when i got the gun just to protect it and it does ok...but it is REALLY bulky. Any help would be great guys and thanks in advance.

John_R
01-23-2012, 07:54 AM
The 9HC is lighter and more compact than a 1911, and lots of people carry those concealed. I've CC'd my 9HC once or twice and it wasn't that bad. I haven't looked much for an IWB holster since mine is more of a nightstand or going-to-war kind of gun. I do have a Fobus SG-239 that fits it well, but it's OWB.

Lefty
01-23-2012, 09:47 AM
Hey Chuddly welcome to the forum I have the same gun and tried a few holsters along the way I settled on a Don Hume IWB very concealable and comfortable for all day carry This was my carrygun till the ACAmigo came along Alot of manufactures do not make one for the HC models but what I found out the Glock 17 holster size is a perfect fit for HC models qn the four that I sampled Good Shootin!!

mitchr
01-23-2012, 10:47 AM
A holster for the 9UC will fit the HC. The barrel will extend out the bottom of the holster about 1/2" or so. Check with luvthegun. Really nice custom made holsters that won't break the bank.

www.luvthegunholsters.com

Another source is Condors Flight. Bersa Chat members with 10 posts get a 10% discount. PM a moderator or administrator for the discount code.

http://www.condorsflight.com/products/index.php?cPath=106

djmac1964
01-23-2012, 03:17 PM
I have a Kholster that I had bought for another pistol, and heated the kydex with a blow drier to fit it for the 9HC. It worked fine, and tucked away nicely inside the waistband, even in jeans and a T shirt. Since the Masters Leather holster I bought from Condors Flight for the 9HC is made for a Glock 17/22/31, I would imagine you could order one for a G17 and it would be fine.

WWW.kholster.com

westcoastal
01-24-2012, 01:21 AM
Hey Chuddly welcome to the forum I have the same gun and tried a few holsters along the way I settled on a Don Hume IWB very concealable and comfortable for all day carry This was my carrygun till the ACAmigo came along Alot of manufactures do not make one for the HC models but what I found out the Glock 17 holster size is a perfect fit for HC models qn the four that I sampled Good Shootin!!

+100
Thats what I wear Don Hume 30-4 1/4 great fit for daily wear.
I keep a bit of a slant at 5 o'clock

They say he's gone postal
Life member of
Oregon Hunters Association
National Rifle Association
universalshootingsports
bersachat
northwestfirearms
hipointtalk
facebook

Lobo0902
02-04-2012, 08:52 PM
I just bought a Thunder HC Pro .40 today. Finding holsters of the rack is double tuff for lefties like me. However, while I was at the shop, I thought I would take a stab at finding one the would fit the gun and at least work until I drop the big bucks to have one custom made (12+ week turun around). We poured through the choises and tried several when we came across a Bianchi "Carry Lock" Model 82 made for a S&W M&P. It snapped into place like it was made for it. Even the barrel length was perfect. When I got it home and tried it on, I was disappointed in how the holster fit me though. The plastic trigger guard locking mechanism prevents the pancake style holster to flex around my narrow hip. I suspect though, that if this holster fit so well, that other holsters for the M&P might fit as well.

Michael T
02-04-2012, 09:15 PM
I have mine on right now . It in my belt slide holster This my general caay holster fits 1911's , Bersa 9mm or 380 PPK/S KelTec PF-9 Its OWB of course andf hides under a Tee shirt.

Iam correct handed also Only the super smart are blessed with Left handness Common people have to settle for R handed

I drop the big bucks to have one custom made (12+ week turun around). Why 12 weeks http://ubgholsters.com great custom made holsters . Many here have them and swear by them. Lot less than 12 weeks and I will put up against any of the so called Best holster makers . I sold my Summer special over priced holster and bought one of his years ago Now I have several .
Next up is www.luvthegunholsters.com New in the game but makes a good serviceable holster for a really good price. Use money you would have spend on a over priced holster for mags or ammo. Make sure either know your a member here , might save a couple bucks. If you want a general holster condorsflight.com has holsters for Bersa and mags shirts hats and more If over 10 post with the word get 10% off.

See this is why you become a member of Bersachat . We are a 1 stop Bersa board with 1 stop shopping

Lobo0902
02-04-2012, 09:48 PM
Thanks for the tip on UBG Michael, I think it's the 1st holster site that I've seen that has the BTHC on it gun list. :thumbs up:

chuddly
02-05-2012, 07:33 AM
i went with the condorsflight one. It also fits the glock 17/22 in pancake style. Its fits the gun very well (a little tight for quick draws rightnow but it just needs carried a while). All in all its very nice though and fits VERY well. Its pretty comfy too I just have to remember that this gun (the HC) is not ment to conceal as much as others i have had. but if i carry it in the small of my back with a sweatshrit you can not see it.