PDA

View Full Version : Compatibility List parts with Bersa 383A

bazzy999
01-12-2012, 05:41 PM
Ok so I want to start this thread to get everyone's input on what parts worked for you on your vintage Bersa 383A/DA. From my understanding these two models are almost completely interchangeable with the exception of the mags (please correct me if im wrong :)) They can be from current production Bersa models or other sources that might work with/without a slight modification. Pictures are welcomed and projects as well. I think a database with what works would be extremely useful as a sort of reference guide for current and future users. The reason I'm doing this is because I really like my 383 and would like to keep it and shoot it reliably and accurately.

So I want to split the compatibility parts into two sections. One is a direct replacement from current models that are readily available and the other is from out of production models and/or external parts manufacturers ( like Wolff Springs and Magtech).

All your experience and input are very welcome :wink:.

pistol pete
01-12-2012, 07:57 PM
great idea on a data base. I have a 383 DA and so far have used new model recoil spring, trigger spring and decocker/lever with slight mod.

bazzy999
01-12-2012, 08:04 PM
Thank you for the info :thumbs up:. The new model being the Bersa Thunder 380? I wonder if there's a internal parts difference between the Thunder, Thunder Combat and Thunder Plus...

grworrall
01-13-2012, 12:50 AM
As I posted on the thread Replacing A Broken Bersa 380 Model 383DA Slide:

As some of you may know, finding some 383 DA parts (like factory magazines) can be next to impossible. Thought I'd pass on that a broken 383 DA slide can be fixed by replacing it with one of the earlier Thunder 380 slides. I recently had to have this done because my 383 DA slide developed a major crack at the muzzle end. A minor modification will be required to get the new Thunder 380 slide to lock open as the lock openings are slightly different; the 383 DA opening is square at one end and arches towards the muzzle at the other; the Thunder 380 opening has squared ends. The modification may or may not work, but the slide will work just fine! When you get done, you can join the elite group of Thunder 380 "DA" owners!

bazzy999
01-13-2012, 01:44 AM
Is the slide opening the only thing that is different? Newer model slides any different?