PDA

View Full Version : Yeah, But...

Lance39
05-09-2010, 03:12 PM
...what have you done to me lately?
From a Newsmax E-mail:

NRA Still Loves Harry Reid

The National Rifle Association has a record of supporting far more Republicans than Democrats, but there’s one powerful Democrat who has a not-so-secret admirer in the NRA — Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid.

The NRA hasn’t officially endorsed Sen. Reid, who is facing a tough re-election battle in Nevada, but the gun rights group “really loves” Reid, an NRA insider tells Newsmax.

Even as tea partyers rallied against Reid in his hometown of Searchlight, Nev., on March 27, Reid was joined by NRA Executive Vice President Wayne LaPierre at the official grand opening of a $60 million shooting range Reid helped build north of Las Vegas.

“I know how you worked,” LaPierre said to Reid at the opening. “[This] would not have opened without the work of Sen. Reid.”

Reid’s re-election campaign describes LaPierre as “one of the senator’s supporters,” according to CNN.

Since his election to the Senate in 1986, Reid has consistently voted to protect the rights of gun owners and manufacturers:

In 1993, he was 1 of only 8 Democrats to vote against an assault weapons ban.
The following year he voted in favor of a bill preventing third-party lawsuits against gun manufacturers and distributors when their weapons are used illegally.
He voted against legislation that would have made it a federal crime to keep a gun unlocked and loaded for personal protection in the home.
The NRA sent a letter to its members in July 2009 stating that “for many years, Harry Reid has been supporting our Second Amendment rights in the U.S. Senate.”

At the opening of the shooting range, Reid donned ear plugs to test out his 12-gauge shotgun, Politics Daily reported. After the ribbon cutting, he autographed shell casings.

In spite of all this, I think the moment Obama says "Jump!", Dingy Harry will say, "How high?" and will do his best to push through gun control.

(Sure would like to see that 80 million dollar shooting range I probably helped pay for.)

Reginald Carstairs
05-09-2010, 03:41 PM
NRA will loose this one, It's called collateral damage. He can be a friend all he wants, as a JOE, not as a politician!

mudbug77
05-09-2010, 07:04 PM
(Sure would like to see that 80 million dollar shooting range I probably helped pay for.) where'd the other $20 mil come from? thought the article said $60 mil/

Lance39
05-09-2010, 07:33 PM
where'd the other $20 mil come from? thought the article said $60 mil/
You're right.
Guess I was overwhelmed.

mitchr
05-09-2010, 11:17 PM
I would think the nra could find a conservative that would support 2nd amendment rights!! This kinda turns my stomach! No way I can support an organization that supports a scum bag like him!! If I find out that any nra money went to his campaign, my membership is a thing of the past.

Lance39
05-10-2010, 11:50 AM
Agreed, Mitch.
I realize the NRA is a single-issue organization but at the same time I find it hard to believe any person or organization can ignore the other things Reid has done.
When you support a politician, you're giving a stamp of approval to everything he does.

Rollin Thunder
05-10-2010, 12:31 PM
We use the NRA, the NRA uses us. It's become it's own bureaucracy, that will soon fold unto itself. Follow the money.

mitchr
05-10-2010, 03:54 PM
Well, I'll continue to be a member because membership is required in order to use the shooting range I just joined. Means it'll cost me total $125 per year. The inside range I used was $20 per trip, or $240 per year PLUS $10 per trip. While the inside range has advantages, I prefer outside and being a lot cheaper is even better. But, that $25 per year for my NRA membership is all they'll see from me. Can't wait for them to ask for a donation so I can tell them why I won't be donating.

clag39
05-10-2010, 04:01 PM
for all the NRA has done for the 2cd admendment as well as the people in this country, i think one mistake might be forgiven. even though they have probebly made more. but after all, we ALL make mistakes... i am a life member and still proud to be !!