PDA

View Full Version : Rock Island Shotguns?

mitchr
07-11-2011, 08:45 AM
I received email from Gallery Of Guns, spot lighting Armscor's Rock Island 12 Ga. 20" Pump Shotgun. They have a good rep with their 1911s. Anyone know anything about their shotguns?

While I'm not really 100% sold on the shotgun for home defense, I have considered getting one anyway, but just not enough to spring for the $$$. This looks to be about 1/2 the price of Mossberg. I haven't really compared all their respective features other than length, weight, ammo capacity & finish. The only difference was parkerized finish on the Rock & blued on the Mossberg.

The Box
07-12-2011, 07:55 AM
Get outta my head, Mitch! I had the same exact thoughts as you when I got that email. I can get them locally through Davidson's for $206 OTD. I found this video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVZ45ra1Pr0 Its pretty crappy but at least you can get a closer look at it. I personally like the location of the Mossberg safety, vs the cross bolt on the 870, but it's not a deal-breaker. He does say that parts are interchangeable with the 500. I would have to do a little more investigating before I believe that. If its true, I may have to go get one.

mitchr
07-12-2011, 08:51 AM
The price is not quite that good through my local dealers, but still attractive. I'm not into shooting shotguns for fun & no longer hunt, so it'd strictly be a case of checking it for reliability, learning the controls, then sitting in a closet for a SHTF situation.

Tophog
07-19-2011, 03:02 AM
The price is not quite that good through my local dealers, but still attractive. I'm not into shooting shotguns for fun & no longer hunt, so it'd strictly be a case of checking it for reliability, learning the controls, then sitting in a closet for a SHTF situation.

If you decide to join www.nevadashooters.com (cheap plug), of which I am a moderator, you can PM member Daveinvegas. He worked for Armscor for almost a year, until about 3 months ago, in the repair/warrantee department. He can tell you the good and the bad of all their guns.