PDA

View Full Version : What other rear sights can be used on a Mod 85

SADDLEBAGPIX
06-18-2011, 06:42 PM
Hello all, The slide on a friends model 85 cracked a while back and he bought a used replacement at a gun show. Unfortunately the seller pulled the rear sight while my friend wasn't looking, leaving just the dovetail .. Long story short, he tossed the cracked slide -w- sights while at the show and before looking at the replacement in the bag..arghhh!!! I've been all over the web trying to find him an inexpensive (as in NOT LASER or NIGHTSIGHT) replacement rear sight with no luck.

Can someone please help us out and tell me if other models use the same rear sight and maybe where I can find one...numrichs is sold out still (I look every few months). Money is definately an issue, taking it to a gunsmith to install is even too $$, let alone milling to a novak style etc...

Many thanks in advance,

Scott in Tampa

pollyb
06-18-2011, 10:40 PM
Welcome to Bersa Chat SADDLEBAGPIX,

.. Long story short, he tossed the cracked slide -w- sights while at the show and before looking at the replacement in the bag..arghhh!!!
Oops!!!:rolleyes:

Scott in Tampa, look here at Eagle Imports website http://www.bersa.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=380+rear+sight
the current rear sight for the Thunder 380 or Thunder 22 should work in the model 85 slide.

Notice the sight has 4 parts.... sight(#2), spring(#4), blade(#3), screw(#5).

Also notice there is a fixed sight available which should work fine. It has the combat U instead of the dots.

Be aware that under the rear sight is the cavity for the manual safety/decocker spring(#12) and the manual safety/decocker stop pin(#13). These may be missing and will be necessary for the decocker to work properly. I didn't find these two parts in the list on the web site, you may have to call to order them if you need them.

I would recommend that you order a new recoil spring while you are ordering (save on shipping) http://www.bersa.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=380+recoil+spring

Hope this is helpful, let us hear of your progress.

:smile:regards jab

p-t-max
06-19-2011, 09:02 AM
Be aware that under the rear sight is the cavity for the manual safety/decocker spring(#12) and the manual safety/decocker stop pin(#13). These may be missing and will be necessary for the decocker to work properly. I didn't find these two parts in the list on the web site, you may have to call to order them if you need them.

Did the Model 85/86 have those parts?

pollyb
06-19-2011, 12:18 PM
Did the Model 85/86 have those parts?

Yes, p-t. What it did not have was an external slide latch/release.