Those wishing to make a designated donation for our Members affected by Hurricane Harvey or Irma, please add "Harvey" or "Irma" in the "Add a note" box. Thank you!

“Making “Wolfgang
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just bought a FS 22

Slingshot

Just bought a FS 22

Hey Folks,

I've been wanting a FS 22 for as long as I can remember and finally got my wish. I stopped by the local gun store here in Indy (Bradis) and they had two of them in the display. One was all blue and the other was the nickel slide version. About a half hour later, the nickel one was on the way home with me. I'm a pretty happy camper right now and can't wait to take it out tomorrow.

Tim
    Last edited by Indy_Tim; 01-07-2011 at 08:00 PM. Reason: added photo

VIP Site Supporter Rollin Thunder's Avatar

Re: Just bought a FS 22

Great find!
    Don't worry about the guns, send lawyers and money.

“The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident, which everyone has decided not to see.”
    Ayn Rand

Congrats, I've been looking around the Cleveland area for a couple years now. I recall someone saying some would be in the USA some time in Feb..I'll be looking.

Have fun with your new FS 22 and give us a range report, pics would be nice!

Congratulations; nice looking gun. Have fun and enjoy it.
    I'm no expert; I'm just, well...opinionated!

http://s884.photobucket.com/albums/ac47/p-t-max/

Slingshot

I want one!

Slingshot

Well, I had the chance to run about a hundred rounds through it at the range today and I am totally smitten with this gun. The first 50 were CCI Mini-Mags and the gun was flawless. I tried to run some bulk Federal stuff though it, but it did not like those at all. I'm not surprised though, as my P22 will not even cycle that stuff and that normally likes everything. I then ran a box of some high velocity stuff (wish I could remember the name) that I picked up at the range and it cycled those perfectly. I also had my PPK there and it felt very similar to the PPK in operation, but with a bit less recoil. This little gun may become my favorite range gun of all if it keeps working so well.

One of the things I like is that it does have a bit of a recoil. My P22 is almost devoid of recoil and does not work that well for me in terms of practicing getting the sights back on target after a shot. The thing is, this pistol is satisfying to shoot. I like my P22 a lot but sometimes it's like taking an Airsoft gun to the range, with as soft shooter as it is. The Firestorm 22 is a satisfying gun to shoot and a whole lot of fun to boot.

I'll probably have it out again this Friday and will try to a bit more formal of a range evaluation. Today, it was about 18 degrees with a little wind, so I was not there too long.

Tim

Moderator of the Year
    Official Bersa Chat Greeter

VIP Site Benefactor

At 18 degrees, I wouldn't be there at all!! We have been given a winter freeze warning for this area. That usually happens for anything under 30 degrees! Sounds like you got a winner. Most everyone that has one likes them.
    Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Thanks for the report and thanks for the pic.....man is that a sweet lookin .22. Are those the after market grips from Condors? Looks like the ones I bought for my BT380.

Super Moderator
    VIP Site Benefactor

Thanks for the report Indy Tim! My wife really loves her FS22 and I really like mine. I think you need to get another one. About the most fun I ever had at the range was shooting the FS22's with one in each hand! With a little practice and concentration it isn't as hard to hit both targets as I thought it would be!

-Pondy

Slingshot

Quote Originally Posted by Tjet View Post
    Thanks for the report and thanks for the pic.....man is that a sweet lookin .22. Are those the after market grips from Condors? Looks like the ones I bought for my BT380.
    Those are the stock grips that come with the Firestorm. I think they are the same as the ones that are for sale on the Condor site though.

Slingshot

I put another 200 rounds through the FS 22 yesterday and like this gun more and more with each outing. In addition to a little target work at 7 yards, we were shooting at snowballs tossed against the berm at about 27 yards. I found that I could generally keep about an 8 inch group freehand at 27 yards and could usually hit a snowball within 4 or 5 shots. This gun is more fun to shoot than the Thunder 380 I have. I don't know if it's the freedom to shoot all day without having to schedule a trip to the bank to refinance the house like I'd have to do after shooting all day with commercial .380.

This gun has gotten us back into shooting 22s again. We had not been taking the 22s out in a while but yesterday was a 22 only day. We had the FS 22, Heritage Rough Rider, 10/22 and Marlin 795 and probably had more fun yesterday than we have had in a while. In fact, we've decided that for the next 3 months, we will shoot only 22s except for a box of 9mm twice a month for skill maintenance. The goal is to use the winter to build the stockpiles of 9mm and 45 and lately we had been shooting it up as quick as we'd load it. It may turn out that the FS 22 was the best gun purchase in a long time.

FYI, the Firestorm 22 and 380 come with rubber wrap-around grips standard, but they have the Firestorm logo. The Condor's Flight offerings have the Bersa logo on them. That may be important to some people, and not so much to others.

Update: it appears that Condor's Flight isn't offering the rubber finger-groove grips at the present time, but they're available at Eagle Imports, if anyone's interested.
    Last edited by p-t-max; 01-17-2011 at 10:39 AM.
    I'm no expert; I'm just, well...opinionated!

http://s884.photobucket.com/albums/ac47/p-t-max/

Slingshot

Thanks P-T. I might have to pick up a set to put on my 380. I kind of like the ones on the 22.

Slingshot

Hello Everyone, I finally broke down and bought a Firestorm 22. It looks great, and feels great in the hand. I spent some time yesterday cleaning out the delivery oil, and getting it ready for the range. I plan to start out using CCIs and then move to some HV Federals I have laying around the house. I also shoot a Walther PPK/S 380, and have had a rough time with ammo. The chamber sooted up and that seems to have caused a lot of jams. I use the PPK for my carry gun, so I need reliabe rounds in that gun. I wanted the FS 22 to practice with. I should give the same feel as the PPK, but not as expensive to shoot regularly. I do plan to put rounds through the PPK, but not as many or as often.

I did get a great deal at a local gun show on the FS. I had plenty to choose from, but now in the quality the FS showed for the price.

Surfwooder

Moderator of the Year
    Official Bersa Chat Greeter

VIP Site Benefactor

Welcome Surfwooder. Glad you were able to find one, they've been a little scarce until just recently. ALL Bersas are well worth the money, so you might as well make room for more of them.
    Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Super Moderator
    VIP Site Benefactor

Quote Originally Posted by Surfwooder View Post
    I should give the same feel as the PPK, but not as expensive to shoot regularly.

Surfwooder
    Might be similar to your PPK but I'll betcha that you are going to like shooting the FS22 way more than the PPK. On a scale of 1 - 10 shooting my buddies PPK is about a 3, my Bersa BT380 is about a 7 and my FS22 is a 9.5! Tons 'O Fun to shoot!

-Pondy

VIP Site Supporter Americangirl01's Avatar

Congratulations, Surfwooder. Enjoy your new pistol.
    Out of curiosity, what ammo were you shooting in the PPK?
    There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Bersa Chat Zone!

Slingshot

Hi, Today I shot the Bersa Firestorm 22 for the first time. It was terrific. The feel of the gun in my hand was great, the recoil was straight up. I could aquire the target easily after every shot. I have the black model with the white dot sights, easy to line up on the target in dim lighting at the range. Not like the PPK, with its red dots. Today I shot 50 rounds of CCI in the FS, and 30 rounds of Speer Lawmen in the PPK 380. I had 0 problems with the FS, but about 1 in 5 round in the PPK jammed. That gun will probably go back to S&W for some work. Mostly failed to feed, and failed to battery. Great job Bersa.

I'm going to pickup my Firestorm 22 tomorrow to make it a match with my 380...I'm looking forward to shooting the same gun with cheaper ammo..

So CCI seems to be the ammo of choice? I've run a box of ammo through the 380 w/o problems..except for my own stupid issues the first clip or two.

Couldn't find the "right price" on Gunbroker to include the shipping and FFL fee so I stopped by the shop where I bought my 380 a week ago and he ordered it for me...

Slingshot

I really want one of these for my wife to use as she is brand new to shooting. I let her use my 9mm UC but the grips were just a little big for her. I think having something like this to learn on would be good too, and after blowing a few hundred dollars on 9mm ammo, I could also use a break from the trips to the bank. I saw at cabelas a box deal on 2100 22lr in a free waterproof plastic ammo box.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast