“Making “Wolfgang

Thread: Police Say Thieves Target NRA-Decaled Vehicles

Moderator of the Year
    Super Moderator
    VIP Site Benefactor

Police Say Thieves Target NRA-Decaled Vehicles

Huntersville, NC police say if you advertise your NRA membership or other sporting decals on your vehicle, you're practically inviting thieves to break in. I don't know if this report is alerting members to exercise common sense or is insinuating that they don't have it to start with.

http://www.wbtv.com/story/38264746/t...cal-car-thefts

Besides, with a town name like that, I wonder how many Huntersville city properties are broken into.
    Never give the devil a ride. He will always want to drive.

Mini Gun

Re: Police Say Thieves Target NRA-Decaled Vehicles

Quote Originally Posted by gun sane View Post
    Huntersville, NC police say if you advertise your NRA membership or other sporting decals on your vehicle, you're practically inviting thieves to break in. I don't know if this report is alerting members to exercise common sense or is insinuating that they don't have it to start with.

http://www.wbtv.com/story/38264746/t...cal-car-thefts

Besides, with a town name like that, I wonder how many Huntersville city properties are broken into.
    I actually lived in Huntersville years ago. It's a nice little bedroom community to Charlotte. IMO, from an OpSec point of view, don't display anything on your vehicle OR home that would indicate you are armed.

Official Bersa Chat Greeter
    VIP Site Benefactor

A long time rule here. Nothing on cars or doors at home to indicate gun ownership. Lately, I've worn my NRA cap & have got a few stares, lots of smiles, but no comments except a couple of "nice cap".
    Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Preferred Site Supporter SC Dave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mitchr View Post
    A long time rule here. Nothing on cars or doors at home to indicate gun ownership. Lately, I've worn my NRA cap & have got a few stares, lots of smiles, but no comments except a couple of "nice cap".
    I wear my Molon Labe hat all the time and only a handful of people have said anything. It was all thumbs up positive too.
    Where are we going and why am I in this handbasket?

Si vis pacem, para bellum

No NRA stickers, no Trump stickers, or any other stickers for me. We all know our right to free speech, and our right to bear arms along with patriotism is being attacked. I like to stay low key and fight back with contributions to NRA or withholding business from the gun control supporters.

Preferred Site Supporter OysterMan's Avatar

I had a Ruger license plate on the front and a NRA and CTC sticker on the back bumper of my previous truck but decided against doing the same when I got my current one. Mainly it was for the issue mentioned about thieves but also concern about drawing unwanted attention when traveling through less than gun-friendly counties or municipalities (fortunately I live in a very gun-friendly area).

I did however put a small 6"x2" sticker that simply reads USCCA on the tailgate of my current truck because it was a perfect fit and color to cover the scratches left when the previous owner removed the dealership decal. I'm figuring that most people, or criminals, won't take the time to Google it. BTW I don't leave firearms in my always locked truck, but like everyone else I don't want a thief to break into it to find that out.

I feel the same way about gun stickers. They can make you a target so I put my NRA Range safety, TX License to Carry Instructor, NRA handgun emblems on my gun bag1
    Retired and hunkering in.

I thought this was common knowledge.

When I was in law enforcement, homes/cars with stickers were thought of as free advertising to 'come rob me'. A sticker on your home's door/window that says, "Protected by Smith & Wesson" is great, until even criminals know you're not home 100% of the time and they come to find that S&W, as well as whatever else may be laying around.

Preferred Site Supporter clag39's Avatar

I used to have a NRA sticker on the van I owned.. It once saved me a ticket for having a headlight out. The officer/sheriff told me that's what saved me from getting one.. It was nice to run into a pro gun cop !!!! But not owning a vehicle now helps with that decision on not having a sticker on....
    Certified Armed Infidel . A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

During the Nam War, a lot of cars with support stickers on their cars back window, found their windows shattered, or tires slashed, or car lights broken, etc.
    TO BE UNARMED IS TO BE A VICTIM