“Making “Wolfgang

Thread: ILLINOIS PASSES GUN CONFISCATION BILL - ISA THIS TRUE

Revolver

ILLINOIS PASSES GUN CONFISCATION BILL - ISA THIS TRUE

https://conservativetribune.com/stat...vative-tribune

Does anyone here know if this is true?

IF this is true then IL is going to create a new class of criminal.

I wonder if the cops in IL will be confiscating the guns used by gang members and other criminals to kill cops.

Re: ILLINOIS PASSES GUN CONFISCATION BILL - ISA THIS TRUE

The bill passed the house. It would still have to pass the senate and have the governor sign it. Most bills never make it through all 3.

Also, there's no confiscation involved and the first penalty is a misdemeanor with no confiscation. They specifically say nobody's going house to house.

http://fox2now.com/2018/02/28/illinois-plan-would-raise-assault-gun-age-to-21/
    Last edited by Renaldo; 03-08-2018 at 07:42 PM.

I have not heard anything from the ISRA. And as I understand, it applies only to those under the age of 21? The law has been around in congress for a some time, the State Congress keeps changing and adding items to it. Which is a trick by Congress in general including Federal Congress. They make up a bill and then quietly ad items to it just before it is voted on. I don't have much confidence in our "conservative" Governor. He has been wrapped up totally in "financial problems" since he was elected and has done little or nothing to help that.. But if it goes through, I will have another Bersa for two years until my granddaughter turns 21. This last school shooting has fired up the anti-gun faction, and many who were sitting on the fence, to a boiling point. Not good, not good at all.
    TO BE UNARMED IS TO BE A VICTIM

"We pinkie promise not to confiscate your guns! No, really, we promise!"

Oh, well that makes it all ok. I believe the politicians. They wouldn't lie.
    Certified Armed Infidel
    كافر

Moderator of the Year
    Super Moderator
    VIP Site Benefactor

This news really doesn't help console me for my terrible clumsiness in accidentally dropping all of my guns into a volcano during my last vacation trip to Illinois. But I guess it saved the liberals the trouble of confiscating them.
    Never give the devil a ride. He will always want to drive.

Mini Gun

I used to live in Illannoy. Whenever I want to remember what it was like, I look at my old FOID card. Too bad our nation didn't have the foresight to include a Bill of Rights in the Constitution to prevent laws like these from being permitted. Oh, wait...now I remember they did. But it makes no difference anymore. "shall not be infringed" now means "shall be infringed in any way you can get away with". They are a little unclear on the whole "We the people" thing too.

I know we cannot travel back in time, but if we could I sure would like to see what the Supreme Court of the 1790's would say about "Gun Control" laws enacted since 1934 and the Supreme Court rulings concerning the 2nd Ammendment.

My guess is they would consider it a violation of our Constitution. Someday I'm going to have to sit down with a really good Constitutional Lawyer and have him 'splain" it to me in some way that Gun Laws are not an infringement of the 2ndA. That would be a real experience in the art of logic I'm sure.

Official Bersa Chat Greeter
    VIP Site Benefactor

Just another reason that when we see our son, it's outside the state of illinois. I know federal law says I can transport an unloaded pistol, with certain conditions, but I do not trust them in that state, or several other states for that matter. Time & $$ spent to get a legally owned gun back from them would be more than I could afford.
    Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

I don't think the founders had any experience like Prohibition bringing out heavily armed criminal organizations terrorizing the land. If they could time travel to 1934 they'd probably shake their heads and say, "Ben was right, they couldn't keep a Republic." We'd already had the Federal Reserve created, the income tax, education reform to dumb us down (it started around then), and other "progressive" things that set us on this course.
    Certified Armed Infidel
    كافر

Moderator of the Year
    Super Moderator
    VIP Site Benefactor

Upon hearing the debate about the constitutional rights of illegal aliens, I'm sure at least one of the founding fathers would remark, "Didn't we write 'We the People of the United States' in the preamble? So how does an invasion of lawbreakers help to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity?"
    Last edited by gun sane; 03-09-2018 at 01:21 PM.
    Never give the devil a ride. He will always want to drive.

Preferred Site Supporter SC Dave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gun sane View Post
    This news really doesn't help console me for my terrible clumsiness in accidentally dropping all of my guns into a volcano during my last vacation trip to Illinois. But I guess it saved the liberals the trouble of confiscating them.
    I'm still glad I was able to save the dog during my horrible boating accident. That was when my guns went to the bottom of the lake.
    Where are we going and why am I in this handbasket?

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Mini Gun

90 days to transfer ownership ?

what's really bothering me is the set-up of the state websites, it's nearly / impossible to find factual data

Gee i wonder why

These criminals in their state government are just simply moving the ball forward another five yards....this is how the Left (Communists) are winning. Five yards at a time.

From what I have heard, there is a grandfather clause for those under 21 who already have a firearm? If so, my granddaughter can keep her Bersa 380. But she will be in College later this year and won't get many chances to use it anyway.

Well it happened. The gun confiscation bill passed and no grandfather clause. Have not "heard" yet when the bill will go into affect?
    But my granddaughter who has the Bersa 380, gifted it to her Dad before the bill passed. She is 19 and is going to the local Junior College for 2 yrs starting this fall. So her Dad can gift it back to her when she graduates Collage.
    Looking for something positive. Those affected can still own shotguns, lever action, or bolt action rifles, and revolvers.
    Last edited by ParaCav; 03-19-2018 at 03:28 PM.

Mini Gun

last i heard the state license bill is veto'd and the other 2 bills are awaiting veto

http://www.isra.org/News.aspx