“Making “Wolfgang
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finally got around to it.

Preferred Site Supporter Rev_Les's Avatar

Finally got around to it.

The wife and I took our LTC (chl) class today. 2 passes on classroom and on shooting tests. She scored a 228 and I scored 231 ( with numerous rounds sent downrange with hot brass stuck on my neck) out of a possible 250. Now we get to finish the red tape for the state, and in about 8 weeks or so get the card. I'm just kinda glad she didn't out shoot me, lol.....I'd never hear the end of it!

Moderator of the Year
    Official Bersa Chat Greeter

VIP Site Benefactor

Re: Finally got around to it.

Congratulations! Is it taking 8 weeks now? Was 5-6 when Marty & I took ours & I thought applying on the 'net was supposed to help.
    Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Super Moderator
    VIP Site Benefactor

Congratulations! Glad you are both getting your permits!

Quote Originally Posted by mitchr View Post
    Congratulations! Is it taking 8 weeks now? Was 5-6 when Marty & I took ours & I thought applying on the 'net was supposed to help.
    Thanks guys.

I believe they said 6 to 8. I never expect the wheels of bureaucrisy to move with any sense of urgency so I figured 8, lol.

Congrats Rev but sorry we have to get a Mother May I card to begin with.
    Certified Armed Infidel .
    WARNING: All my ammo contains bacon grease for a one way ticket to hell!
    45/70 when Bacon is still on the hoof. Here Piggie Piggie and ISIS pigs.

Super Moderator
    VIP Site Benefactor

Good on you and your bride, Rev! From what I see in the news, there's so much of a need down in Texas that you'd think they'd speed the process up.....or, better yet, let you have the right to carry because you breathe free air.
    Never give the devil a ride. He will always want to drive.

Congrats to you and your wife rev. Let's hope that turnaround is the faster time, not the slower.
    Certified Armed Infidel

Way to go. Congrats

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
    KEEP YOUR POWDER DRY

It's a small world. Just found out another couple that took the course.....lives about 300 feet from us, lol. Directly behind my next door neighbor.

I love PA, takes 15 minutes to get my permit.
    Gunowner99
    NRA Endowment Life Member
    Bersa Thunder 380 Plus

Wow, takes a long time to get your permit there OP. Congratulations!

Slingshot

Congratulations. In the state of Washington (a "shall issue" state) they have 30 days to decide that you should have a CPL (concealed pistol license is what they call them here). My original took a week. I know the guy in the sheriff's office through amateur radio and we spend more time talking ham radio than the business at hand. 5 years later it was recommended that you apply for a renewal as early as allowed. I did and it took a long time to get the renewed license. Workload, lots of people needing renewals. Got it before the old one expired. No test, no classes. Just get fingerprinted (they're using the inkless readers now), fill out the form and give them the money. Apply in the law enforcement office for where you live. I'm in unincorporated land, so the county sheriff's office is the place for me.

Not only does a CPL do the obvious, it also has the benefit of making carrying in the car a simple matter (where in a Jeep Wrangler can you find a place that isn't accessible to the driver?) and eliminates the state waiting period for taking delivery of a handgun when you purchase one. You still have the paperwork to deal with, but once you pass the background check you can take it with you, just like a rifle or shotgun.

Quote Originally Posted by NWShooter View Post
    Congratulations. In the state of Washington (a "shall issue" state) they have 30 days to decide that you should have a CPL (concealed pistol license is what they call them here). My original took a week. I know the guy in the sheriff's office through amateur radio and we spend more time talking ham radio than the business at hand. 5 years later it was recommended that you apply for a renewal as early as allowed. I did and it took a long time to get the renewed license. Workload, lots of people needing renewals. Got it before the old one expired. No test, no classes. Just get fingerprinted (they're using the inkless readers now), fill out the form and give them the money. Apply in the law enforcement office for where you live. I'm in unincorporated land, so the county sheriff's office is the place for me.

Not only does a CPL do the obvious, it also has the benefit of making carrying in the car a simple matter (where in a Jeep Wrangler can you find a place that isn't accessible to the driver?) and eliminates the state waiting period for taking delivery of a handgun when you purchase one. You still have the paperwork to deal with, but once you pass the background check you can take it with you, just like a rifle or shotgun.
    We don't need the permit to carry in the vehicle here in Tx. Shouldn't need one at all, but since we do.....
    I guess they're on the ball with it though, the wife got hers in the mail today.

What is a rountoit ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JCLs View Post
    What is a rountoit ?

Funny... a buddy of mine back when I was young.. had a grandma...that had these little round wood coins called "tuits". Round tuits.

Moderator of the Year
    Official Bersa Chat Greeter

VIP Site Benefactor

We used to have some of those. May still be around somewhere in the junk we've got stashed.

There were several varieties.

https://www.google.com/search?q=roun...nt=firefox-b-1
    Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Never knew so many variations!!!!!!

Slingshot

Quote Originally Posted by Rev_Les View Post
    We don't need the permit to carry in the vehicle here in Tx. Shouldn't need one at all, but since we do.....
    I guess they're on the ball with it though, the wife got hers in the mail today.
    You don't need a permit to carry in the vehicle as long as the firearm is unloaded and stored in a place that is not accessible to the driver. Having a CPL eliminates that hassle. And, this only applies to pistols. State game laws require that rifles or shotguns in a car be unloaded, period.

Quote Originally Posted by NWShooter View Post
    You don't need a permit to carry in the vehicle as long as the firearm is unloaded and stored in a place that is not accessible to the driver. Having a CPL eliminates that hassle. And, this only applies to pistols. State game laws require that rifles or shotguns in a car be unloaded, period.
    Our laws DO allow us to carry a handgun, out of sight but in reach, loaded, in the vehicle. period.
    Your state law does not necessarily equate to Texas state law. Other states require no permit to carry a handgun, so they're forced to unload and stash before getting into a vehicle?

Mini Gun

Quote Originally Posted by Rev_Les View Post
    Our laws DO allow us to carry a handgun, out of sight but in reach, loaded, in the vehicle. period.
    Your state law does not necessarily equate to Texas state law. Other states require no permit to carry a handgun, so they're forced to unload and stash before getting into a vehicle?
    That would be correct. Maryland law states that unless you have a CPL, your weapon must be unloaded and in a case inaccessible (trunk or back of the SUV) and unloaded includes no rounds in the mag. These laws came about because of road-rage turning deadly because a weapon was loaded. If it is unloaded and you get into a situation, it actually can now be considered premeditated murder. Because you thought about killing and requiring you to first get the weapon, get the ammo and load, cock and fire. And you are only allowed to transport it directly from home-range/gunsmith-home. If you make other stops along the way and get pulled over and questioned as to whether or not you have a weapon in the vehicle, you are in violation of this law. This results in the weapon being confiscated and it is typically destroyed before your court date making it impossible to recover the weapon. I have known a couple of people where this occurred.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast