“Making “Wolfgang

Thread: Anyone shoot Sellier & Bellot ammo in their 380's?

Anyone shoot Sellier & Bellot ammo in their 380's?

I shoot a lot of S&B in 9mm, its fairly cheap and is quality stuff. Actually its hard to beat.

Wondering if anyone shoots it in their Bersa 380's, and how does it cycle?
    Certified Armed Infidel

Re: Anyone shoot Sellier & Bellot ammo in their 380's?

I've shot a couple of boxes through both the BT380 and Ruger LCP. No issues, seemed to work as good as anything.

Moderator of the Year
    Official Bersa Chat Greeter

VIP Site Benefactor

Don't see much S&B in this area. I've shot it, but just can't remember what caliber. I have read that S&B has a bit different spec on the rim & it gives some Thunder .380s a problem, but that can be corrected under the service contract. I think Wolfgang said he used S&B to test pistols for proper cycling, but also said the newer S&B has standard rim.
    Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Mini Gun

S&B works fine in my .380. My own testing showed RWS to be the most accurate.

I have never found S&B to be very accurate in any of my rifles, so I don't buy it for rifles anymore. But for pistol practice, I will buy whatever is least expensive as long as it is not steel-case garbage.

Seems like in the past I had heard rumors of S&B having feed/ejection issues in 380? I do have issues with Fiocchi 380 in my Bersas.

I have run nearly 2 cases of S&B through my 9mm pistols just this summer....without a single issue, and at $185 or so delivered per case....its cheap.
    Since I have not had a smooth ride with Fiocchi....was thinking of trying S&B. Occasionally see it for $9.50 per box... thats a couple bucks cheaper than FM reloads!
    Certified Armed Infidel

Super Moderator
    VIP Site Benefactor

Quote Originally Posted by brojohn View Post
    Seems like in the past I had heard rumors of S&B having feed/ejection issues in 380? I do have issues with Fiocchi 380 in my Bersas.

I have run nearly 2 cases of S&B through my 9mm pistols just this summer....without a single issue, and at $185 or so delivered per case....its cheap.
    Since I have not had a smooth ride with Fiocchi....was thinking of trying S&B. Occasionally see it for $9.50 per box... thats a couple bucks cheaper than FM reloads!
    Not a rumor for me. Back in the first ammo shortage all I could get in 380 was Magtech and S&B ... the Magtech ran great but the S&B didn't run well in either of out BT380's or my buddy's BT380. We used it up at the range and got in some good practice clearing malfunctions!

PS. Never a lick of trouble running S&B in my 9UC.

I have shot it in various calibers, including .380 and never had an issue with it. I suspect like with anything there will be certain guns that don't like it.