“Making “Wolfgang

Thread: Grand Power P40 Mags

Grand Power P40 Mags

I purchased it new a few days ago. It came with two 14 round mags but I can only load 8 rounds in both mags with a Lula mag loader. Anyone have a clue as to what's going on? I sent GP a email Friday but I'm sure they've not had time to read it.

Super Moderator
    One of the Kahunas

Re: Grand Power P40 Mags

I've never set eyes on a Grand Power yet, but my first thought is have you had the mags apart? Are they gunky inside? Spring upside down or backwards? Being 6 shy of full is a lot different than the last one being difficult.
    I'm sure the simple solution will present itself. I hope it does so quickly.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    "The kindest, most sensitive guy on the entire internet."
    Certified Armed Infidel

Quote Originally Posted by PHMadness View Post
    I've never set eyes on a Grand Power yet, but my first thought is have you had the mags apart? Are they gunky inside? Spring upside down or backwards? Being 6 shy of full is a lot different than the last one being difficult.
    I'm sure the simple solution will present itself. I hope it does so quickly.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    I haven't removed the base to check the spring yet. May give that a try. They are brand new so they aren't all gunk up with dirt and grit and seem to be well made.

Super Moderator
    VIP Site Benefactor

They might have a preservative to keep them from rusting in shipment. Clean them out and put some dry lube in them like KG10 or a dry silicon spray lube.

Moderator of the Year
    Official Bersa Chat Greeter

VIP Site Benefactor

Welcome Ky Bob. Probably more than just a stiff spring, as PHM says. A burr at one of the witness holes could be blocking the spring.
    Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist