“Making “Wolfgang

Thread: Another official who believes the BOR only applies to him.

Revolver

Another official who believes the BOR only applies to him.

Officer goes to see the doctor in a GFZ where normal TX citizens would be asked to leave for carrying a gun. If that citizen refused as this officer did, he or one of his brethren would have removed that citizen
    Apparently he believes the rtkaba as written only applies to police judging by the hissy fit he has thrown.

He should be griping about a open to the public place being allowed to be posted at all. Against citizen or LE.

The 2A applies equally to all, not just cops.

https://www.policeone.com/police-pro...-carrying-gun/
    You dont have to believe a train is coming to be run over by it.

VIP Site Supporter
    I'm gonna be a Daddy!

Re: Another official who believes the BOR only applies to him.

I believe every able bodied and capable (mentally and physically) person should be carrying a gun or at least trained how to use them.

The looks I get from people on traffic stops when they say "I have a CCW permit but I don't have a firearm with me" and my response is "why not?!?"

Moderator of the Year
    Official Bersa Chat Greeter

VIP Site Benefactor

My orthopedic surgeon allows concealed carry, in fact encourages it. They do have a 30.07 sign on the door for open carry, because of trauma that may be caused to the snow flake customers & some employees. There were some in the building that suggested they ban concealed carry also, but he nixed that idea.
    Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Revolver

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    I believe every able bodied and capable (mentally and physically) person should be carrying a gun or at least trained how to use them.

The looks I get from people on traffic stops when they say "I have a CCW permit but I don't have a firearm with me" and my response is "why not?!?"
    Good on ya John.
    You dont have to believe a train is coming to be run over by it.

Super Moderator
    VIP Site Benefactor

Michigan has a law that says if we have a CPL and pistol that we need to inform the officer when we are "stopped". Several officers have said "good for you". Some ask where it is. None have asked to see it or have me turn it over to them. I an not a fan of any inform law and I'm sure not a fan of Michigan's poorly written law.

Climbing on my soapbox: Inform laws are dumb because all they can be used for is to prosecute otherwise law abiding citizens. If I don't inform then I am a law breaker. If a felon has a gun and doesn't inform he is protected from prosecution with law by his 5th amendment right not to incriminate himself. Crazy right? Sigh.

Off of the box. Have a nice day.

Quote Originally Posted by Pond Scum View Post
    If I don't inform then I am a law breaker. If a felon has a gun and doesn't inform he is protected from prosecution with law by his 5th amendment right not to incriminate himself. Crazy right? Sigh.

Off of the box. Have a nice day.
    Well, you're both law breakers, but how's the cop gonna find out? Other than that, I never thought of it that way - a "must inform" law only punishes the law-abiding. SSDD.
    Certified Armed Infidel
    كافر

The Texas CHL is done the DPS so officers will see you have a CHL if they pull your DL info. I got zapped doing 55 in a 40 on my motorcycle 2 weeks ago. I pulled over and he asked for my DL. Told him it was in my backpack and was it OK to pull it out. He asked if I knew my DL which I did. I informed him that I also have a CHL but was not carrying at the time. He went back to the cruiser and pulled my info. Came back with no ticket, said to slow it down, and thanked me for helping to support our second amendment rights.

He was shocked I knew my DL number. Told him I remember it because we used to have to write it on checks. He said he's never written a check in his life. LMAO!

VIP Site Supporter
    I'm gonna be a Daddy!

We have the law that occupants mist answer correctly when asked if there is a concealed deadly weapon in the vehicle. Only for concealed (on person, center console, glovebox). Most people answer honestly. I've had a few where wife honestly didn't know about husbands gun under seat. Had a couple guys lie. One guy I had step out for DUI investigation. Before I could pat him down he leaned back against the truck (cause he was drunk) and I heard the thud of his stolen gun hit the truck.

Also had one guy (also drunk) liento me and technicallly break the law. He said he had a gun in his pocket. Went to remove it for him (cause I was going to arrest him) and it wasn't there. Then he said it must be in center console. Nope. Under seat. Nope. Turns out he was so drunk he forgot he left it at home cause he knew he was going out to get drunk. He just carried it so often he just assumed it was in his pocket. I did arrest him. Just not for that.

Quote Originally Posted by TwinSpar View Post
    ...He said he's never written a check in his life. LMAO!
    Kids these days!
    Certified Armed Infidel
    كافر

Slingshot

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post

Well, we need more like you John. The fact is, when we see LE in almost every state opposing anything 2A related in our legislatures. (Here in Tx, no exceptions, every single one LE has testified against) it is discouraging..

Last time I was pulled over, I handed the officer my papers and yes I was unarmed and when asked I told him so. I was on my way to my grandsons school and had to go in. I really am adverse to leaving my firearm locked in my car. I think he just pulled me over for some good conversation on firearms and gear. At least that was the result.

LE are stuck in a conundrum the way I see it. I mean the fact is when we say the phrase " come and take it" who do we suppose will do that? After all the tyrants in our legislatures and so called judicial system are powerless without LE..

I absolutely don't mean this to sound anti LE because it is not. The BORs at this time has been almost completely eviscerated by both our courts and legislatures. Without LE they are powerless. I have absolutely respect and at the same time empathy for anyone who chooses law enforcement as a profession today.

The chief in the OP seems to be upset that his privileged class status was violated. From the perspective of a non government employee, I'm upset for him, but only because he is a citizen who should be protected under the Supreme Law. Sad he doesn't seem to accept what he claims for himself as a birth right. Rather his inflated view of his position to the exclusion of those he is sworn to serve.

VIP Site Supporter
    I'm gonna be a Daddy!

I don't know why he was the doctors with his badge and gun on his belt like that. Maybe on a break from his work day. But I have another view on his anger at not being allowed because he is law enforcement.

my gun is a part of my uniform. And especially with the attitude towards police these days, I won't go anywhere in my uniform or while identified as an officer without my gun. Or my vest. So if he was in his working uniform I think it's preposterous to ask him to remove it.

We take a group of kids to sporting events and dinner twice a year. Huge groups from all the high schools in two cities. We go in uniforms and the kids get to "hang out with the cops". We showed up to the baseball field in uniform (prep panned event) and the security asked us if we "had to" bring our guns in with us.

Super Moderator
    VIP Site Benefactor

Thanks for your perspective John.

I have clients, a couple probably in their late 30s. They're from New York or New Jersey, guessing from their accents. Italian descent. They are breathtakingly naive in many regards, not just in restaurant construction but in general. You'd think that being from a high crime part of the world they'd be used to the idea of self defense and crime deterrence, but they aren't. They're hard headed and think the world revolves around how cute they are.

We told them they'd want a steel cage over their A/C compressor to prevent theft and the girlfriend said, "I can't believe anyone would steal that!" Happens all the time, the copper coils are valuable scrap metal. Today they met with us riding on their motor scooter and said some "redneck" threw a piece of fruit at them. My engineer said you can't do anything or they might road rage you and pull out a gun, and the girlfriend acted all shocked and said, "People carry guns in their cars?!?!" I bit my tongue.

Point being, and I know it's not quite on topic, but when people are born and raised in a gun-free liberal bubble, the real world is quite a shock. I guess the "guns in cars" thing reminded me of this thread.
    Certified Armed Infidel
    كافر

Moderator of the Year
    Official Bersa Chat Greeter

VIP Site Benefactor

I guess that's what bugs me about news I read. People seem to be so shocked about guns, when in this small part of the country, they are no big deal & seem to be taken as a matter of course. Since Texas adopted open carry, I still carry concealed, except for spur of the minute trips to Gladewater, but I don't go to as much trouble to make sure it isn't accidentally exposed. From time to time, I catch people's eyes going to my waist & realize my cover has opened up (I carry crossdraw with an unbuttoned shirt). They just go on about their business as nothing out of the ordinary.

Is the rest of the country really so fearful of folks being armed for their own protection?
    Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

VIP Site Supporter
    I'm gonna be a Daddy!

I carry concealed but don't take a lot of heartache to make sure it doesn't print. It's covered. My wife's liberal friends have no idea. Only people that know are people that carry and know what to look for.

Except one of her friends kids was playing with me the other day. He was spinning in circles and crashed into me. Hit his head right into the butt of my revolver on my waist haha

Guess it's a good thing I wasn't carrying s Sig P320

Administrator
    VIP Site Benefactor
    RETIRED

When somebody bumps into mine and gives me the look, I just say, it's my colostomy bag. You should see the priceless look on their face.
    In memory of our Founder, Michael T. June 15, 1946 - February 26, 2017

VIP Site Supporter
    I'm gonna be a Daddy!

Why is you colostomy bag so hard? Are you shi***** bricks?

Super Moderator
    One of the Kahunas

Quote Originally Posted by Reginald Carstairs View Post
    When somebody bumps into mine and gives me the look, I just say, it's my colostomy bag. You should see the priceless look on their face.
    Lol. I love that one too. That may be the best thing I ever got from Mason.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    "The kindest, most sensitive guy on the entire internet."
    Certified Armed Infidel

Administrator
    VIP Site Benefactor
    RETIRED

Quote Originally Posted by PHMadness View Post
    Lol. I love that one too. That may be the best thing I ever got from Mason.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    I've used it twice. Works! I think I was on the phone with Mason when I told him I used this. If it is a little old lady you can continue the conversation. "You show me yours and I'll show you mine."

It would be just my luck and she would do it
    In memory of our Founder, Michael T. June 15, 1946 - February 26, 2017

Man, I'd be finding another doctor to go to.