“Making “Wolfgang

Thread: How Democrats ___ John Lott

Slingshot

How Democrats ___ John Lott

Are keeping guns from the poor. Very good article IMO.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/o...807-story.html

A new report from the Crime Prevention Research Center shows that the average fee for a concealed handgun permit is $67, but it is much higher in the most Democratic states. Each 10-percentage-point increase in a state's presidential vote for Hillary Clinton was associated with an additional $30 in the concealed handgun permit fee. In California, where Clinton won by about 30 points, fees can be as high as $385 for just two years. In New York City, where she won by 60 points, a three-year permit costs $430

Flintlock

Re: How Democrats ___ John Lott

Quote Originally Posted by nlyric View Post
    Are keeping guns from the poor. Very good article IMO.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/o...807-story.html
    When if ever, gun owners stop considering permits as anything except the infringement they are and DEMAND as one voice their true RTKABA as is their birthright, then gun grabbing politicians will happily continue to fleece all of us in one way or another.
    You dont have to believe a train is coming to be run over by it.

New York is Horrible when it comes to CCL's,,, on top of the fees being ridiculous, you pay more with every gun purchase, with every gun purchase, you must file for a purchase order, Wait for the Purchase order to be approved,, if approved, you must take the day off of work, go downtown, pay $65 to park, walk for about a mile, wait about an hour,,, get the purchase order,,, walk a mile back to your car,,, drive back home,,, $15 in tolls and $10 in gas,, now you have 30 days to pick up your gun... Drive to the GS and pick up your gun,, you now have 3 days to go back downtown to get your gun inspected,, now,,, repeat from the top,,, you must take the day off of work, go downtown, pay $65 to park, walk for about a mile, wait about an hour,,, present the gun to the inspecting PO,,, PO looks at the serial number and says thank you,,, walk a mile back to your car,,, drive back home,,, $15 in tolls and $10 in gas... Easy Peasy? NOT!

Then there is the application with some tricky questions,,, one question is, "have you ever held a license in NY?" you answer no because you have never held a CCL in NY,,, BABAM, you are declined if you have or ever had a DRIVERS LICENCE!! Now you must re file,, Pay all over again and now you must answer yes to the "have you ever been declined for a CCL in NY",, Some here actually pay $5000 - $10,000 just to have a broker fill out the application and file it,, that is without even knowing that you will be approved,, usually not approved the first time for deterrent purpose,,, CCL in NY is ONLY issued for Business and not for personal protection... Money will be protected,, Life, Family and property? Not so much....
    You Can't Keep it Unless You Give it Away....

This is off the path of this thread just a little...but since we are on the democrats....I just gotta tell ya now-

I have 2 BIL's that are hard core dumbacrats. They will literally irritate the pizz right out of you. What I do to calm them down is - no matter whats on the tv....whether its a movie, races, or a ball game- no matter...I always switch the channel to Fox News. They'll either go outside or leave....it works every time.
    Certified Armed Infidel

When my wife wants me to leave the room, she puts on CNN/ABC/CBS/NBC/The View/60 Minutes. I'm outta there like a scalded cat.

Democrats are the biggest control freaks in American history.
    FloridaSheepdogs.com
    Certified Armed Infidel
    كافر

I'll never forget when the Democommies held a FART IN to protest! What Da!?

I have no idea what a CCL costs in IL. I don't carry and at my age I aint gonna. But if I had to guess it would probable be around $300.
    TO BE UNARMED IS TO BE A VICTIM ... SUPPORT THE NRA

Moderator of the Year
    Official Bersa Chat Greeter

VIP Site Benefactor

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer1270 View Post
    New York is Horrible when it comes to CCL's,,, on top of the fees being ridiculous, you pay more with every gun purchase, with every gun purchase, you must file for a purchase order, Wait for the Purchase order to be approved,, if approved, you must take the day off of work, go downtown, pay $65 to park, walk for about a mile, wait about an hour,,, get the purchase order,,, walk a mile back to your car,,, drive back home,,, $15 in tolls and $10 in gas,, now you have 30 days to pick up your gun... Drive to the GS and pick up your gun,, you now have 3 days to go back downtown to get your gun inspected,, now,,, repeat from the top,,, you must take the day off of work, go downtown, pay $65 to park, walk for about a mile, wait about an hour,,, present the gun to the inspecting PO,,, PO looks at the serial number and says thank you,,, walk a mile back to your car,,, drive back home,,, $15 in tolls and $10 in gas... Easy Peasy? NOT!

Then there is the application with some tricky questions,,, one question is, "have you ever held a license in NY?" you answer no because you have never held a CCL in NY,,, BABAM, you are declined if you have or ever had a DRIVERS LICENCE!! Now you must re file,, Pay all over again and now you must answer yes to the "have you ever been declined for a CCL in NY",, Some here actually pay $5000 - $10,000 just to have a broker fill out the application and file it,, that is without even knowing that you will be approved,, usually not approved the first time for deterrent purpose,,, CCL in NY is ONLY issued for Business and not for personal protection... Money will be protected,, Life, Family and property? Not so much....

But that keeps guns outta the hands of criminals, right?
    Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Quote Originally Posted by mitchr View Post
    But that keeps guns outta the hands of criminals, right?
    It works well for the Law Abiding Criminals

Slingshot

NYC's infamous Sullivan Act was put in by the Tammany Hall Democrats to effectively disarm everybody but their operatives, associates and financial supporters. Its primary targets were newly arrived Italian and eastern European immigrants and emancipated African Americans who were, of course, at the bottom of the economic ladder. In a show of typical Democrat hypocrisy, after denying these groups a constitutional right, they courted their votes with welfare programs that were paid for by taxing their meager earnings to keep them destitute and dependent. These outlandish fees are just perpetuating a long standing policy to steal from the people they claim to want improve their lives.